- February 19, 2023 at 10:36 am #719305Fiona-Ann MossParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 402Replies: 1269Has thanked: 3844 timesBeen thanked: 5159 times
Hi everyone, i thought its about time i posted another topic….. Clothes shopping!
Now i guess we are all familier with this one but how do we all go about it? Do you just go? Do you make the outing so its a precision military exercise?
Most of my trips out have been totally spontaneous, not planned but when i get there i have no idea what i came for! You see, you kind of have an idea, then you see something better and the original idea goes out of the window. Are you like this? or do you only get what you planned on buying?
- February 20, 2023 at 4:17 pm #719600AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
For me it really all depends. If I’m just in a shopping mode and I have the time I will just go to the mall or what not and see what strikes my fancy. Sometimes I am on the hunt for something but most of the time I just wing it. Nothing more fun than just having an afternoon at the mall treating yourself!
If there is something I need I will just order it. Like nylons, if I need them I will order them but I’m not going to get all done up and go to the store just for nylons.
- February 20, 2023 at 8:45 am #719513Lorraine LowryDuchessRegistered On: January 2, 2023Topics: 0Replies: 419Has thanked: 642 timesBeen thanked: 1476 times
As a not outer, I usually shop on line, but had a story I just related to one of our sisters. Just not an impulse buyer. While strolling through JC Penny lingerie, ( admit it as we all do any chance we get) in drab of course, I spied a blue Vanity Fair bra. It reached out and grabbed my hand and said “ take me home”. Found my size, noticed a matching panty, didn’t even look at price ( so unlike me), and took both home. Now great to have many colors in the lingerie drawer. 🥰🥰
- February 20, 2023 at 6:11 pm #719634DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1260Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 3615 times
I assume that after it “reached out” that you visited the cashier. Otherwise we would be sending your mail to the Tijuana Jail…
1 user thanked author for this post.
- February 20, 2023 at 7:44 am #719504Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 583Has thanked: 3065 timesBeen thanked: 2327 times
Hi Fiona, As a costumer, I’m always roaming through retail and thrift shops searching for looks and materials to create with. I have a regular circuit of shops and don’t need to buy anything each time but do need to constantly check since inventory changes daily. Thanks for this fun question. Marg
- February 20, 2023 at 6:55 am #719489AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I seem to be more open to going shopping while I am on a business trips. I am able to take more time and scout out for the best outfits and deals. y problem, it just making sure I have enough room in my luggage to make it back home. :)
- February 20, 2023 at 6:51 am #719488AnonymousLadyTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
This is one of those times when I don’t feel like I fit in.
I’m really not motivated to shop for anything I don’t see a specific need for and I am reluctant to accumulate extra guy or girl clothes.
I prefer uncrowded drawers and closets.
I have occasionally enjoyed browsing through women’s’ clothing sections but I try to avoid or tamp down eager salespeople’s expectations if I’m very unlikely to purchase anything.
I wouldn’t try on shoes or outfits unless I was really serious about a purchase.
That’s just me. I suspect most of you are more fun… and stylish!
- February 20, 2023 at 3:25 am #719459Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 52Replies: 963Has thanked: 3438 timesBeen thanked: 4922 times
Well I’d have to say a little if both I guess. At times I’ll have a plan on what I’m looking for ( heels I’ll be wearing pantyhose under my jeans ) and others it’s just a matter of wanting to pick up something femme. I know that I really enjoy shopping for my femme things and have done it from fully dressed to wearing women’s clothes, makeup and perfume in male mode or just plain drab. In any event I will still try things on as I’m not a big fan of returning things. Lol.
- February 19, 2023 at 8:51 pm #719433JulieLadyRegistered On: March 19, 2021Topics: 25Replies: 212Has thanked: 73 timesBeen thanked: 590 times
I do not plan exactly. I may have stuff to look for hun or to look at hun when I shop. Like TJ Max shopping with my specific sister in laws Mom. Just us. Not expected but used it for another Julie outing and found flip flops I thought were great. But sadly I was wrong honey.
- February 19, 2023 at 8:07 pm #719430Christine BlueLadyRegistered On: January 24, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 39Has thanked: 102 timesBeen thanked: 130 times
- February 19, 2023 at 2:11 pm #719354Angela BoothHostessRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 1880Has thanked: 6388 timesBeen thanked: 8574 times
Shopping is a necessity for a girl. Any kind of shopping, grocery, hardware will always have that chance that there is a ladies section in the store or nearby. It is therefore the first rule for women and compulsory to at least browse. Buying is not not about need it’s want.
- February 19, 2023 at 1:45 pm #719339Lucinda HawknsLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1480Has thanked: 94 timesBeen thanked: 2225 times
if or when i go for cloths shopping as in for a skirt or dress or nylons, bra or panties or pads i would make sure i have the right size and right brand of pads then go check out if i was asked if for me i would say for wife if it does not fit can i come back and get the right size, it was for a birthday gift or Xma’s gift. for i shop in stores near me and they might know me. i do buy some dresses and other items on line
- February 19, 2023 at 1:45 pm #719338Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 85Replies: 1380Has thanked: 3203 timesBeen thanked: 6483 times
I guess it is a little of both. After I started working at Torrd I have had 3 sopping trips there getting 8 to 12 items at a time, spending $110 to $145 each time. Now I am getting so many pretty tops I am running out of room. At Torrid I usually just go through the clearance and try on a large arm load of pretty clothes. It is so much fun to try them on in the store, sometimes I even am dancing in the fitting room.
Last week I was asked to take someone to an outlet mall. I decided I needed shoes and checked shoes in 3 or 4 stores before picking out 2 pair at the Skechers store.
- February 19, 2023 at 1:16 pm #719334Nikki Just NikkiLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2022Topics: 10Replies: 261Has thanked: 1627 timesBeen thanked: 1650 times
My shopping trips are mostly spontaneous, and I’m almost never shopping for anything specific. I like the adventure of discovery, finding that perfect thing that I didn’t realize I needed until I found it. It’s completely the opposite from drab mode, where if I shop at all it’s highly targeted around a specific need. I get in, make sure it fits and get out as efficiently as possible. Shopping en femme is actually very fun, and since I have so much to learn, I always come home with knowledge and ideas that I didn’t have before, even when I don’t buy anything. I always shop with my wife since she has a good eye for what works on me, and it’s just really fun to do together. I’ll likely go shopping solo sometime just to get comfortable with that experience, but it’s not likely to become the default.
- February 19, 2023 at 12:14 pm #719324Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 864Has thanked: 57414 timesBeen thanked: 2377 times
Most of my “Brittney” clothes shopping is spontaneous and just browsing to see what I can find; other times, the shopping is planned and I have specific items that I’m looking for or intending to get.
- February 19, 2023 at 11:37 am #719312Paula HereLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 269Has thanked: 1103 timesBeen thanked: 1870 times
En Femme I just go shopping, with nothing really in mind. I love walking the mall and the stores, browsing the racks and try on anything that cathes my eye. It is interesting when i find some itmes i love then check the fabric and the price, the love fades very quickly.
When I shop in male mode it is get in get out with exataly what I want. I buy the same pants, same shirt every time.
- February 19, 2023 at 11:32 am #719311Sherri RemingtonDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 8, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 336Has thanked: 294 timesBeen thanked: 1333 times
Fiona,, there was a time for me when it was planned out because I felt awkward about being in the women’s section, but anymore I love to window shop, will spend more time than I should at a clearance rack, finding a good deal, and with no guilt at all good to the counter and buy. There was a time when I wouldn’t return an idem because I didn’t have the nerve, but now it’s just a matter of fact, it didn’t fit or just didn’t look that good at home. Age does have some advantage to it .
- February 19, 2023 at 11:29 am #719310Peta MariLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 693Has thanked: 1073 timesBeen thanked: 3547 times
- February 19, 2023 at 11:00 am #719306Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 229Has thanked: 3450 timesBeen thanked: 963 times
- The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.