Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi ladies I was wondering where you girls do your clothes shopping

Anonymous

I shop at a few different stores, CATO, Wal-Mart, JC Penny. Occasionally Target, or various shops in the mall.

To Rochelle’s list, I’ll add vintage and resale stores and Kohl’s.

The Kohl’s in my area stays open until 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays and has a lot of specials and an abundance of fitting rooms.  And the staff has always been helpful and friendly.

Leslie
        Lady

Glad to hear that the Kohl’s staff is friendly

I will shop anywhere that I can find quality and affordable clothes that fit.  In general, that has meant Kohl’s, JC Penny, Macy’s, and Lane Bryant as well as several online firms.

MacKenzie Alexandra

For bras, panties, and lingerie I shop Victoria’s Secret. For jeans, Kohl’s and Sears. I buy panty hose at Walmart.

Lea
      Lady

I enjoy finding deals at thrift stores and discount outlets. At dept and chain stores, I’m really patient at combining coupons with clearance sales.

There’s a thrill of combing discounts to buy some feminine item that ends up being 80-90% off the original price!

Tanya
      Lady

Can anyone give advice on dress sizes?  I know I am a large, but I’m very confused about the sizes when they go to numbers.  Thanks

Leslie
        Lady

Size tags are only a guide. Sizes vary by brand. The only way to be sure is to try clothes on. I find it is fairly easy to go into a men’s dressing room at JCPenny’s or Kohl’s as long as you have a man’s shirt or pants on top of the women’s clothes you want to try on. The doors in the cubicles lock and there are mirrors.

Anonymous

I love Old Navy for jeans, tops, and socks, Kohl’s, Macy’s and JC Penney’s sales, and I like to order from Target online and then pick up at the store (much easier and efficient since they don’t really have enough plus size clothing).  Those all seem to have friendly sales people too. Wal-mart isn’t somewhere I particularly love to go, some rough customers in there,  but they do have some decent plus sized clothes, sometimes on a steep clearance, and the sales people in mine are surprisingly friendly and tolerant.

I find my wide shoulders make me plus sized on top despite my small breasts but I’m a 12 or 14 in pants (normally take a 36 in mens).  I recommend checking size charts online, just google dress sizes or whatever for cross dressers.  Too much to explain in a post, but basically you’re going to need a measuring tape and then convert those to a size chart…it doesn’t help that women’s sizes are inconsistent and plus sizes even more confusing, so use the size chart for that manufacturer or store if you can, and be ready to return stuff if you haven’t tried it on.  Shoes are sometimes a challenge as you might need a wide and that’s rare.

A lot of stores are beginning to get there diversity act together here in the UK. Leading the field is a large department store called Debenhams. Booking a personal shopper is great fun.

I started out shopping at my local Wal-Mart, Target, Meijer, and K-Mart(just about closed) stores as well as my local super grocery store. I still hit these stores regularly. In 2018, I expanded to boutiques and thrift/charity/consignment shops. In 2019, I made purchases from Lane Bryant and Victoria’s Secret. I’m always willing to browse in any store that has women’s clothes. I do avoid high end retail, however I’ll always pay for quality. The most I’ve sent on any one item was in the 90 dollar range. I’ve also gotten clothes in swap meets through my local CD/TG support group.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

The other mine field is that clothes made in China, and perhaps meant for the home market get sold into the West, and the sizing is often 2 or 3 sizes smaller. If there is a size chart, use that, and hopefully will get you close.

Otherwise, as another poster mentioned, trying them on is the sure fire way to make sure they fit properly.

Amy

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Sorry, I wanted to respond top another poster in this thread, but it popped to the top.

I shop at the many retail stores available in my area. Some of them I think are in Canada only, like Rietman’s, Ricki’s(my fav), Giant Tiger, Laura, and others. These tend to be mid line, the quality and service is good, but the prices are reasonable, and the sale prices can be serious bargains.

I have shopped, and sometimes still do, at places like Value Village, and other used clothing stores. I often find used clothing stores a bit frustrating, as the products are one of a kind, so something I love, but the size is wrong, is annoying, however, I have made some good finds from time to time.

I’ve also become more discerning in the last few months, and find I’m paying more, but buying new clothes. Many times, I’ve paid no more for new, than I’d pay at one of the used clothing stores.

Amy

There was a time I wouldn’t touch used cloths.

However my feminine wardrobe is on a budget, so

I shop at good will or other thrift stores.

Also I like Poshmark a lot.

especially since I can window shop from my computer.

Patty

K Swim
      Lady

Online. I don’t expose that side of myself to anyone, so online is as discreet as one can get.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Everywhere women’s clothes is sold.

DeLora
      Lady

Where I get my clothes has changed as I have evolved me femme side.
      Before I accepted my femme side my clothes were either borrowed from my wife or salvaged from clothes she was throwing out or sending to the thrift store. As i began to accept crossdressing as a part of me I started looking for clothes in thrift stores and large department stores. Thrift stores are my main source of femme clothing. I have also shopped in little boutique shops, which is very daunting because of the attention I get from the sales people, but they are very understanding, discrete and helpful. Recently my wife suggested a store online where she gets some nice clothes, so that may be my next option I guess.
      I prefer to shop in a brick and mortar store as I like to actually see and touch the clothes, and even try them on if I can get up the nerve!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?