Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Ladies, I’m trying to decide if I should get a clutch or a small handbag, it if I should go for the full purse?

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

There’s not much consensus regarding what differentiates a purse from a handbag.  I consider anything with a shoulder strap to be a purse.

Assuming this is your first bag, I’d go with a medium size purse.  It’ll be big enough for all your stuff but not overwhelming, and it’ll have a shoulder strap.  It’s your do everything daily driver.  I have several.

Handbags come in all sorts of sizes.  Since they lack a shoulder strap they’re not as versatile.  Not hands free.  Easier to steal.  I don’t own one and doubt I ever will.

A clutch is very small and really limiting.  Enough room for lipstick, your ID, a credit card or cash, and maybe your keys.  Most women only use them for dressy events and such.  I don’t own one but expect I will someday.

If you’re a practical girl, buy a purse.  If you like collecting things, buy them all….in multiples!

Anonymous

I find using a clutch problematic since you have to pay attention to keeping it close by or in your hand all the time. I use a purse because it is just easier and it hold things like a brush and other bigger things much better. And the strap allows me to put it over my shoulder of neck and makes shopping easier. It also makes it easier to conceal carry.

Carla

Full purse for me

Anonymous

To avoid confusion I use the terms purse and handbag to mean the same thing.

I have a clutch purse but only use it when I go out for an evening and only carry a few things to freshen up my makeup.

I suggest buying a full handbag like a hobo style (google an image of it) with removable straps and maybe a tote bag later on.

Jessica

Anonymous

I recently bought what I consider to be a clutch, but it has a shoulder strap and a hand strap. It’s small but will be somewhat versatile with or without the strap. I can see where a larger bag, or purse would definitely be an advantage. They each have their advantages! A medium size purse is next on my wish list!

If you get a clutch because you don’t have much stuff to store in a bag, get a a clutch with a wrist strap. This will free up your hand and it’s not as easy to be stolen.

Anonymous

Totally depends on what else you’re wearing.

It’s just an ‘accessory’ So, use it compliment your outfit.

Best advice I have! x

Anonymous

Clutch does it for me. Not very practical, but if it matches the shoes…yumm!
      P

Anonymous

My Handbags are so much more than accessories….they are vitally important for holding everything a girl needs when out…all to hand and in one place…

Just Keys, money and phone to mention three…among a myriad of other vital “needs”, would be carried how???….the alternative is bulging pockets….if you have any!!!!

Never underestimate how important a handbag is…..I certainly don’t any more!!!

Grace ❤️

I like a medium crossbody purse that will hold a clutch with a wrist strap. The crossbody purse accentuates my boobs but I can grab the clutch for running into a store for a quick purchase….. Stephanie

Anonymous

I have seen that enhancement and wondered if it was accidental or for effect – now I know. Thanks. P!

Cant get my phone wallet keys lipstick sunglasses kleenex etc in a clutch

Ditto. I need a regular size purse.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Annaleigh, thinking like a gal, my solution is Get Both!!!

Hugs, Krista

I have both.I prefer the full bag.It holds all the essentials.

Anonymous

There is definitely a time for a practical purse – so there are times for practical shoes… Aah, I feel like I’m going to break into a song by The Byrds. Definitely a place for both!
      P

I own both styles, in several different looks.  The clutches are handy,  but tend to not be used nearly as much.  Even my oldest clutch looks nearly brand new.

PaulaF

Handbag.

Lee Ann

I love handbags of all colours, shapes, styles and sizes, I can’t imagine ‘any’ woman without matching bags & shoes to make an outfit complete. I also have a selection of purses (wallets) for that summer ‘pop to the shops’ look.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?