- January 7, 2021 at 8:54 pm #429087AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 5Replies: 96Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 302 times
- January 11, 2021 at 3:53 am #430773Sally DrinkwaterDuchessRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 260Has thanked: 58 timesBeen thanked: 952 times
I love handbags of all colours, shapes, styles and sizes, I can’t imagine ‘any’ woman without matching bags & shoes to make an outfit complete. I also have a selection of purses (wallets) for that summer ‘pop to the shops’ look.
- January 11, 2021 at 2:26 am #430743stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 132Replies: 1618Has thanked: 2508 timesBeen thanked: 7101 times
I prefer a small cross-body burgundy-red leather bag that can be worn either cross, or as a shoulder bag by shortening the straps. I like to have my hands free.
If carrying more than basic essentials – like a cardy or lightweight waterproof etc. I carry a black faux leather small femme backpack with decent shoulder straps, that can also be used as a handbag or shoulder bag. Its not as dressy as my small leather bag but is ideal for country walks.
- January 10, 2021 at 2:45 am #430331
- January 10, 2021 at 1:54 am #430325Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 897Has thanked: 8929 timesBeen thanked: 3485 times
- January 9, 2021 at 1:07 pm #430070Liz CraigLadyRegistered On: December 29, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 45Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 399 times
- January 9, 2021 at 11:54 am #430030Blink To Pink EnchantedDuchessRegistered On: January 5, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 104Has thanked: 58 timesBeen thanked: 232 times
- January 9, 2021 at 9:45 am #429968Robin GirlyLadyRegistered On: March 29, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 125Has thanked: 330 timesBeen thanked: 380 times
- January 9, 2021 at 11:17 am #430014
- January 9, 2021 at 9:26 am #429965
- January 9, 2021 at 8:30 am #429939Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 524Has thanked: 2234 timesBeen thanked: 2038 times
- January 9, 2021 at 9:16 am #429960
- January 9, 2021 at 4:10 am #429803BigBangtheoryLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 145Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 612 times
- January 9, 2021 at 4:34 am #429821
- January 9, 2021 at 1:10 am #429756AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1716Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9458 times
My Handbags are so much more than accessories….they are vitally important for holding everything a girl needs when out…all to hand and in one place…
Just Keys, money and phone to mention three…among a myriad of other vital “needs”, would be carried how???….the alternative is bulging pockets….if you have any!!!!
Never underestimate how important a handbag is…..I certainly don’t any more!!!
- January 8, 2021 at 3:59 pm #429600
- January 8, 2021 at 11:27 am #429444AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 173Has thanked: 151 timesBeen thanked: 616 times
- January 8, 2021 at 11:20 am #429440Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 659Has thanked: 41678 timesBeen thanked: 1281 times
- January 8, 2021 at 9:45 am #429388Lisa SmithBaronessRegistered On: December 9, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 28Has thanked: 168 timesBeen thanked: 111 times
I recently bought what I consider to be a clutch, but it has a shoulder strap and a hand strap. It’s small but will be somewhat versatile with or without the strap. I can see where a larger bag, or purse would definitely be an advantage. They each have their advantages! A medium size purse is next on my wish list!
- January 8, 2021 at 6:57 am #429290AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 228Has thanked: 298 timesBeen thanked: 919 times
To avoid confusion I use the terms purse and handbag to mean the same thing.
I have a clutch purse but only use it when I go out for an evening and only carry a few things to freshen up my makeup.
I suggest buying a full handbag like a hobo style (google an image of it) with removable straps and maybe a tote bag later on.
- January 8, 2021 at 5:32 am #429249
- January 8, 2021 at 1:18 am #429165AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 271Has thanked: 46 timesBeen thanked: 1002 times
I find using a clutch problematic since you have to pay attention to keeping it close by or in your hand all the time. I use a purse because it is just easier and it hold things like a brush and other bigger things much better. And the strap allows me to put it over my shoulder of neck and makes shopping easier. It also makes it easier to conceal carry.
- January 8, 2021 at 12:18 am #429152Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 485Has thanked: 394 timesBeen thanked: 2187 times
There’s not much consensus regarding what differentiates a purse from a handbag. I consider anything with a shoulder strap to be a purse.
Assuming this is your first bag, I’d go with a medium size purse. It’ll be big enough for all your stuff but not overwhelming, and it’ll have a shoulder strap. It’s your do everything daily driver. I have several.
Handbags come in all sorts of sizes. Since they lack a shoulder strap they’re not as versatile. Not hands free. Easier to steal. I don’t own one and doubt I ever will.
A clutch is very small and really limiting. Enough room for lipstick, your ID, a credit card or cash, and maybe your keys. Most women only use them for dressy events and such. I don’t own one but expect I will someday.
If you’re a practical girl, buy a purse. If you like collecting things, buy them all….in multiples!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.