• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Becka.
Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I always wondered why women carried so much “junk” that required such large baggage to be lugged around. I know few dresses have pockets but you only need ID, money, credit card and keys. A clutch should be good for that. Or if wearing slacks or leggings the same applies. Women’s blue jeans often have only fake pockets, again, use a clutch.

In the case of one of my GG friends, she only bought jeans with at minimum rear pockets so she had somewhere to put cards, phone and cash. She has never carried a purse of any kind and never wore dresses. She now carries a phone case with slots for cards and cash, a modern equivalent of the clutch.

The rest of my GG friends and acquaintances all carry purses, usually shoulder bags, some quite large. I can understand those who have young kids, mothers have to carry lots of things for the care of children. But what on earth possesses an everyday woman to carry a nag that doubles as carry on luggage?

Then I became a woman!

The lack of pockets is a severe limitation, but I don’t want pockets to destroy the lines of a great outfit. Therefore….the clutch. But wait….I don’t have room for lipstick, makeup case with mirror, tissues, comb, and bobby pins.

Enter the purse with handles. More room for necessities. A wallet for organized cash and cards, a photo wallet for carrying my dearest photos. My makeup case can be a little larger, add in hair spray, deodorant, FDS, perfume, second comb, breath mints, chewing gum, wet wipes, panty liners, eye liner, mascara, maybe other makeup necessities, a cigarette lighter, cigarettes (if so inclined) and pepper spray.

Oh no! My purse isn’t big enough for all that. On to the shoulder bag! Add in a spare pair of panties and pantyhose. Maybe a small pillow so I can nap in the car. And now that I have room my partner wants me to carry extras they don’t want to carry. But how do I find anything in there?

Let’s put it all in a LARGE bag, carry on size. It all fits! But now it weighs 15 pounds and my shoulder hurts!

Girls, can you relate? I started with a really cute pink and leather clutch with a shoulder strap. I’m moving on to the shoulder bag. I NEEEED my stuff!

Where are you on the scale of purses?

💋❤

Beth

Anonymous

Beth I was just looking at purses online!👜 I need one… but not sure what kind… I’m thinking one with long straps so I can wear it across my……  chest 😊… 🌸

I hope I can get some recommendations!

🧚🏼🧚‍♀️🌺

I’ve found that shopping for a purse is as difficult or more so than shopping for dresses. It has to be cute, go with anything, be comfortable to carry and fit my personality  (sassy). That is a hard list to meet but the other option is a lot of purses! That would be fun but who wants to move all the stuff back and forth.

Beth

Anonymous

Oh I know, it’s so overwhelming all the styles , etc… I guess I’ll just pick a cute one and give it a try! 🎀🌸🌺

Beth T
      Lady

I carry an Army “engineer’s field bag,” sort of like a messenger bag. My wife calls it my purse. It has the virtue of being suitable for “guy mode” as well as my gradually evolving tomboyish feminine persona. It’s nice not to have to swap everything over.

Beth,

For me it all depends on where I’m going. I have my go to medium size purse that I carry most of the time. Sometimes I do use the large tote, which can even hold a laptop and extra pair of shoes. If going to a club, often it’s a small wristlet. Only problem with the tiny purse is trying to get the bare necessities like keys, cell phone and lipstick in something so small.

But I agree, years ago I wondered why women carries so much stuff, now I do as well. I have too many (I’m sure many of the girls here do as well), so I do like to rotate them every few weeks, just like my wife does.

Thanks

Lisa

Most often a clutch. I have a Coach clutch that will fit my card clip, money clip, keys, lippy, and if I take then out of their cases, it will just barely fit both my phones (my job requires me to carry their phone, but there’s no way I’m using it for all my personal stuff… especially Bridgette!

For shopping trips, I’ve also got a medium size black leather GV handbag with a shoulder strap. I think i need another….

Bridgette

Anonymous

I began with a clutch purse with a wrist strap, just for my wallet and car keys (cel phone in my jeans pocket). Then I “lost” the pockets, so needed a larger purse for the phone. Then I found I couldn’t do without my compact, lipstick, comb and kleenex packet, so the current purse is a fairly large cross-shoulder leather purse with a concealed-carry pocket (should I choose to utilize it). Trying to avoid the “suitcase”; it’s too bulky.

Anonymous

I’ve never carried more than a modest sized shoulder bag.  It has a couple of compartments for carrying “stuff” and a small section for ID, credit cards and cash.

I usually use a medium size shoulder bag. I just feel that I have more control over it slung over my shoulder or crossbody. If I am out doing quick errands or something like that I will sometimes use a small credit card holder with just ID and a credit card inside, especially if I am in beach clothes or shorts and a small top.

Peta Mari
      Lady

Its why I drive a ute. 😉

I have 2 clutches and about 20 purses and bags of various sizes. Which one I use depends on where I am going, what I am doing and of course what I am wearing. Most of the time I use 1 of 3 different purses for every day use that will hold everything I need for everyday use – wallet, keys, hair brush, mirror, lipstick, hand lotion and phone. If needed I transfer it all to a larger bag that will also have room for whatever else I may need.

Anonymous

Hi Beth…

Once again the language barrier rears its ugly head….

In England a purse is for money and a handbag is to carry the purse and all the other vital components that us girls need.

Pockets in drab are vital…men always need a hand in their pockets fiddling with ” something”…pocket snooker is very popular here!!!!!…..

or as gran used to say when a man passed by with his hands in his pocket…” The devil makes work for idle hands”

The last thing girls need is a pocketful of ” something” ruining those lines, the latest being a ” slab” of a phone in the back pocket….destroying the ” ass cheek” look in tight jeans…. philistines!!!!

I carry everything i need in a small shoulder bag…..the secret is learned with experience….leave the kitchen sink at home!!!!

Grace x

Ahh yes, our separation by a common language. Sometimes I remember these differences and add subtitles to explain but often I find myself lost by your unique twist of language that proves those of us across the pond will never be equal. And if you get into local dialect I am charmed but totally befuddled.

And to think I am descended from British aristocracy. I have lost my way and can only view my heritage from afar.

😔

Beth

One time that function outweighs fashion. I need a shoulder bag to carry all my stuff and would not dare use pockets girls.I do have clutches for dress up but rarely use them.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Beth, even before I became a serious CD, and in guy mode I always used a “man” bag. I just hate putting things in my pocket.  And yes I was teased for using the man bag.  But hah, now I use my medium sized shoulder bag without any concern about being teased.  I suppose my bag, along with my natural long hair, helps in passing especially from a distance.

I carry all the essentials: a small wallet for credit cards & cash, glasses, heart medication, hand sanitizer, cell phone, a few hard candies in case I have a coughing fit (I hate when that happens), a magnifying glass for when the glasses are not enough (I always check nutrition and ingredient labels on food products in the grocery store and the fonts always seem to get smaller), pens & notepad, a couple of reusable COVID face masks, lip balm.  No intention of ever moving up to a “suitcase”.  I do have a few smaller sized handbags and clutches and they do get used on occasion.

All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

I have one small shoulder bag, just big enough to keep essentials and small enough to keep me from bringing everything I own.

The balance is tricky.

Paula

Becka
      Lady

I have some cross body bags (shoulder type bags), purses but for some reason I really like clutch bags. I have about 3.

Hi, Sa*man*tha! Yup, your journey in the purse world has begun. You must practice control so that suitcase doesn’t get you! I haven’t lost the battle yet but there are days when I say “Darn, I should have packed that” .

💋❤

Beth

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?