Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

What product do you find the best — Collagen, Retinol or Hyaluronic Acid. If you only had one product to use, what would it be and face cream or serum?

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Victoria,

I have tried just about everything and find that most of the creams, serums etc don’t work. You always see young girls in the ads who don’t need the products anyways. Us mature girls have deeper wrinkles and the creams etc just don’t do what they say they will.

I use a powdered collagen faithfully and it has help more than anything, especially my skin but it is also good for joint health. Since taking the collagen I’ve noticed a marked improvement  in my joints. I played soccer for 50 years competitively so I had my share of injuries to my knees and the pain was reduced substantially.

Trish

Trish, I’m happy to hear you have had  success in keeping your joint pain under control. I know what joint pain is like, being an older one. I will consider using the powder collagen.

Trish White
          Baroness

It does work Victoria, I have had osteoarthritis in both hips and had one replaced quite a while ago. My other hip started acting up and I didn’t want to go through the pain while waiting 27 months for surgery again so I contacted  a surgeon early the 2nd visit to him he’d checked my latest x-ray from one 15 years ago and said there was very little change. So as I said it definitely works. I bought it through amazon.

Anonymous
        Lady

Thanks Trish for the collagen tip. Most all of us mature girls could use a little more lubrication in our joints and help with our aged skin. I’m going to start that regime.

Trish White
          Baroness

Do Michelle, you won’t regret it.

I have been looking for something to help with my skin. A simple bump or scrape on my arms will cause a tear or a ugly dark spot which I guess comes with age. After reading this thread I decided to give Collagen a try. I have been taking 3000 milligrams (tablets) of Collagen type 1 & 3 daily for three weeks now and the results are very encouraging. I am already seeing a improvement in how my skin looks and feels. I can’t tell if it is doing anything for my hair but my nails are growing like crazy.

Have used face creams containing the vitamin E and others over the years but cant tell if the effects are that noticable. I have now been on collagen for four months and feel that has helped with the dark spots from years of playing tennis in the sun and recommended to me by my doctor. I have noticed too that my hair and nails are growing faster as said above so I know its not my imagination

Anonymous

I use Neutrogena Neutrogena Hydro Boost body gel cream in the morning and face. At night I use Olay night cream. My skin is as soft as my wife’s skin. It makes me feel very feminine. Thanks for the topic Victoria.

Anonymous
      Lady

Its not an over the counter product and can’t be used all the time so may not be relevant to this thread but here goes for the benefit of information. My skin treatment.

Its a two part Hyaluronic process prescribed by my dermatologist which should only be used during the winter months because it makes the skin very UV sensitive. I was prescribed this after having skin cancer removed from the side of my face a few years ago. (I’ve always loved the outdoors and still do) Luckily there have been no more issues since. This treatment is supposed to remove any precancerous skin cells and it will clean the skin of any dark spots too.

I did this treatment last winter and it really helped my complexion. It removed a lot of dark spots but not all and it won’t do much for wrinkles. The thing is its a 30 day regime and has to be done faithfully with staying out of the sun as much as possible and wearing 70spf sunscreen when ever exposed to the sun. Thats why its recommended to be used during the winter when the UV rays are weaker.

My doctor says sunscreen should always be used year around. There are many moisturizers on the market but she recommends simple vaseline rubbed on before bedtime. During the day one could use a scented lotion moisturizer.

I just began this regime for a second time a week ago. Its a slow process and takes dedication. Its a barely noticeable change daily but at the end of 30 days I can see it has worked. Its not going to make me pretty if that was even possible (not) but hopefully will keep my skin healthy and cancer free.

So the take away from this is take the extra time to take care of your skin, especially any exposed skin, it will pay off over time. Its work to constantly take care of your skin like GG’s do but you will have a nicer younger looking face and don’t forget the neck, forearms, and backs of hands too. Use moisturizers and sunscreen every day if you can.

Thank you Michelle. Not easy being a beautiful lady, is it?  Good luck with this ongoing programe. I will be waiting to hear the results.  Cheers, Victoria.

Have to give it try thx

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I just began a Clinique facial regimen with:

– cleansing & exfoliating cleaner
      – custom-repair moisturizer
      – face wrinkle correcting serum
      – eye wrinkle correcting cream

Hopefully it helps as I have started using makeup more often. If it also helps me look a few years younger, I certainly would not mind.

Fiona

Hi Girls,

I’m a full time girl, using skin care products each and every day.
      I use the Clinique skin care line almost exclusively, their “Moisture Surge” products all contain hyaluronic acid and I find they work quite well with my skin type which is fairly dry. I have been told by many of the ladies I work with that my skin looks so soft, so I’ll stick with what seems to work well.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?