- Bright colours such as Yellows, Oranges, Bright Green, Bright Red, Bright Pink etc
- Medium shade colours such as Mid Brown, Mid Orange, Mid Red, Mid Blue, Mid Red etc
- Dark colours such as Dark Green, Dark Blue, Dark Red, Dark Brown, Purple etc
- White or shades of
- Black or Grey
- Metallic colours such as Silver, Gold, Copper etc
- Anything else i have not thought of!!! (please specify below)
- June 15, 2019 at 8:04 am #185703
fiona mossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 297Replies: 1043Has thanked: 2480 timesBeen thanked: 1750 times
Hi Girls, another easy peezy poll for you. We all love clothes, right? but what colours are your favourite? do you go for bright colours like yellows and oranges, or maybe darker colours like navy blues, blacks, purples etc.
- July 8, 2019 at 5:34 pm #196222K SwimParticipantRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 132Has thanked: 66 timesBeen thanked: 98 times
Solid dark colors. I do own a couple metallic pieces (one red, one silver). I like the appearance of the silver, but it reflects everything so I don’t wear it when I am out at night.
- July 3, 2019 at 1:26 pm #194899Sara Marie Franklin (SMF)AmbassadorRegistered On: July 27, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 303Has thanked: 33 timesBeen thanked: 150 times
I love pink, yellow, black and red. I will dress in milder colors like for fall or something but i love to look very feminine.
- June 22, 2019 at 11:36 am #192316Michelle LiefdeAmbassadorRegistered On: May 27, 2018Topics: 40Replies: 907Has thanked: 1023 timesBeen thanked: 755 times
Great poll question, Fi! I would say that as I get more comfortable I have noticed a definite move to wanting to bring more color into my wardrobe in both modes. I was the type that stuck pretty much to neutral or dark colors but I feel more at ease to wear softer and warmer colors.
- June 22, 2019 at 8:53 am #192276
- June 20, 2019 at 9:43 am #191861EmilyParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 7Replies: 191Has thanked: 675 timesBeen thanked: 214 times
Depends on the occasion and whether I’m going out or not. When going out, I try to stick with subdued, neutral colors so as not to draw unwanted attention to myself. By myself, at home, nothing is out of the question. As I’ve grown older, I do tend to choose mostly moderate colors for even everyday wear. I have found myself working hard on creating coordinating outfits.
My CD life has been evolving over many years now to a point where I generally wear what I like, regardless of what color it is.
Great question, as usual!
- June 18, 2019 at 7:01 pm #191477JessicaParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 1 time
I absolutely LOVE all colors and have over 350 dresses and 150 skirt outfits (yes I have a serious shopping problem) a few different colored jeans and over 125 shoes and boots, not to mention undergarments and nighties, and in all various colors. I tend to gravitate towards the darker blacks and grays in the winter (but bright colors for my Christmas dresses), yellow pinks and florals in the spring, whites (jumpsuits) and maxi dresses of bright colors for summer nights, short skirts and all variety of colored tops for the hot days, and fall brings the browns, oranges and leafy prints and long matching skirt/top outfits. Side note I love winter also, for my stylish tights which is like an accessory for any outfit.
- June 18, 2019 at 4:52 pm #191456rebekka mooreParticipantRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 57Replies: 686Has thanked: 300 timesBeen thanked: 713 times
Getting ready to pull out my butter yellow jeans, and have a pair of red to follow. I do have to get the right shoes, which I’m looking to buy soon.
I want wear my yellow jeans (w/red suede flats), and such to pride in SFO later this month.
SO will be surprised!
- June 17, 2019 at 4:22 am #191175Lucinda HawknsParticipantRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 4Replies: 826Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 405 times
dresses with flowers and different colors, nylons to match, no straight colors. i do wear a black skirt now and then its the only one skirt i have that will fit me for now till i find a size to fit me well the black skirt i had to pin up to fit better so it will not fall down. i am a size 6 or 7 my skirt is a 8 and just a little too big. i have a 28 waist
- June 16, 2019 at 12:46 am #190890stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 66Replies: 530Has thanked: 589 timesBeen thanked: 1033 times
One answer isn’t enough because most of us are all across the colour spectrum. I wear black because it is slimming and can be sexy, and I wear “brights” when out walking my dog because I am more likely to be accepted as female (seriously) – hiding in plain sight.
- June 15, 2019 at 11:02 pm #190877
- June 15, 2019 at 7:40 pm #189438
- June 15, 2019 at 4:23 pm #187937
- June 15, 2019 at 3:46 pm #187609Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 76Has thanked: 67 timesBeen thanked: 111 times
In male mode, I’ve been a MiB for about 40 years, and it has rubbed off on Bettylou; but my recent shopping sprees have all been for bright floral prints. I seem drawn to red/white, now.
- June 15, 2019 at 3:30 pm #187472KristaParticipantRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 76Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 134 times
Hi Fiona; not so “easy peezy” for me to answer. I wear it all regularly. Being retired, I have a pretty good routine. I probably change my femme clothes three to five times a day. First thing in the morning, I put on a red or white tank top with a flowered skater skirt and ride my recumbent bicycle. Then a yogurt & fruit breakfast while doing online Spanish lessons while wearing those same exercise clothes. Then I change to walk the dog. Usually wear a bright green top with dark blue sweats covered by my Las Vegas 1/2 marathon black/red vest (but sometimes a black top). After our 60 min walk, I’ll have a second breakfast or brunch depending on the time. I’ll change into shorts in the summer or black leggings in the winter (I live where we have six months of winter). The top could be anything from a medium to a dark colour. Then I walk the dog a second time in mid-afternoon again usually wearing a bright top. I’ll change again after that walk to whatever is appropriate for the evening – could be my skinny jeans & a medium colored sweatshirt or bright colored polo shirt. Right now I’m wearing a bright blue bra/panties/socks, white ladies slippers, gray shorts and bright blue sleeveless top. And I’ll probably change again in a couple of hours. I love being retired and having a huge closet to choose from. Hugs, Krista.
- June 15, 2019 at 1:47 pm #186866Alice EliotParticipantRegistered On: February 9, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 48Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 87 times
If you took a colour photo of my drab wardrobe, then a black and white one, you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. You need sunglasses on when you open Alice’s wardrobe.
- June 15, 2019 at 12:11 pm #186055Jennifer SwansonParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 98Has thanked: 1612 timesBeen thanked: 259 times
I tend to dress to the occasion. For dining and entertainment I wear bright floral. For shopping I wear less color. However I do love bright colors. Otherwise what’s the point in being a gurl?
- June 15, 2019 at 9:47 am #185717MacKenzie AlexandraAmbassadorRegistered On: May 20, 2016Topics: 43Replies: 397Has thanked: 107 timesBeen thanked: 472 times
My palette is across the spectrum. Depending o the occasion and my mood, I will go with bright colors to earth tones to shades of black and white. I’m not big on floral which is a problem this season as the season’s trend is floral.
- June 15, 2019 at 9:15 am #185712Selyne PhoenyxParticipantRegistered On: August 4, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 31 times
For me what I like to call Selyne standard Is a short sleeve black asymmetric hem tunic and long flowy wide legged chiffon pants but lately I have been adding colors like dark blue, crimson and purple. But as long as they are long and flowy absolutely love long and flowy.
- June 15, 2019 at 8:33 am #185710AshleyParticipantRegistered On: May 25, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 23Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 48 times
When I first started it was all black, grey, and white. Finally I broke down and started getting more colors. Since then, I’ve tried pretty much everything!
A few times I’ve found something I’ve liked so much I’m tempted to get it in every color it comes in. My current favorite skater skirt might just be the first thing I actually do…
- June 15, 2019 at 8:31 am #185709Dame Veronica GraunwolfParticipantRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 51Replies: 1941Has thanked: 1638 timesBeen thanked: 1595 times
- June 15, 2019 at 8:29 am #185708Michelle LaFemParticipantRegistered On: June 21, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 9Has thanked: 39 timesBeen thanked: 21 times
- June 15, 2019 at 8:27 am #185707Alysson MansonParticipantRegistered On: June 14, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 5Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 8 times
I am gothic in my dress ,I like black, purple , lavender ,some times white ,yellow is a new color for me ,I wear tops ,I like v necks , I also do stripes which I call my twiggy look , I don’t wear dresses or skirts in public ,I like jean shorts or low ride jeans , I have a store in town that is cd friendly ,I get treated right ,u tube videos are great to learn how to sport a look ,I made my own video about my closet and clothes ,my biggest issue is tops ,I dress like this daily and go into public as me !!!!!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.