- Bright colours such as Yellows, Oranges, Bright Green, Bright Red, Bright Pink etc 36.08% 57 votes
- Medium shade colours such as Mid Brown, Mid Orange, Mid Red, Mid Blue, Mid Red etc 29.11% 46 votes
- Dark colours such as Dark Green, Dark Blue, Dark Red, Dark Brown, Purple etc 15.19% 24 votes
- Black or Grey 11.39% 18 votes
- Anything else i have not thought of!!! (please specify below) 4.43% 7 votes
- Metallic colours such as Silver, Gold, Copper etc 2.53% 4 votes
- White or shades of 1.27% 2 votes
- June 15, 2019 at 8:04 am #185703Fiona-Ann MossParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 368Replies: 1174Has thanked: 3564 timesBeen thanked: 3851 times
Hi Girls, another easy peezy poll for you. We all love clothes, right? but what colours are your favourite? do you go for bright colours like yellows and oranges, or maybe darker colours like navy blues, blacks, purples etc.
- November 18, 2019 at 2:24 am #250189Sally DrinkwaterPrincessRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 344Has thanked: 114 timesBeen thanked: 1451 times
I go for mostly solid colours with the odd smattering of polka dots, I have matching shoes and bags for everything I wear! I also have shoes just waiting for the right dress to come along (its harder than you think.) 🙂
- November 18, 2019 at 2:00 am #250182DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 941Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 2662 times
Anything and everything. I wear very bright, very strong colors, some medium strength ones and also monochrome outfits. If I am dressed in all black or all white, it really allows my copper or turquoise jewelry to stand out. About the only thing that I rarely wear would be pastels…
- November 14, 2019 at 12:36 pm #248818AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I always seem to answer “it depends”, and this time is no different!
I love bright colours, and metallic, sequined dresses, but they’re not right for all situations.
I only recently bought an LBD, but haven’t worn it yet. Jeans and t-shirts, lady trousers, skirts, short, long, medium, dark, grey, coloured, floral, spotty, stripey – it’s all good, and part of why I’m such a fan of women’s clothing – there is so much choice, it’s genuinely exciting to plan outfits for a day and night!
I couldn’t choose an answer for that reason.
- November 14, 2019 at 11:17 am #248784Ruby SmithLadyRegistered On: October 17, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 303Has thanked: 427 timesBeen thanked: 574 times
I adore my mainly black attire, but love to have my neon pink highlights with it. I do have a top that is neon pink, but mainly wear black.
- November 14, 2019 at 11:06 am #248782Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 769Has thanked: 52572 timesBeen thanked: 1943 times
I have dresses in various shades of blue, purple, and red; also classic black. My blouses and tops are a mix of solid colors; red, white, and pink. I also have black with colored floral and white with blue floral. I have 2 black pencil skirts and a faux suede lite purple wrap skirt. I have my favorite colors, but I’m always looking to expand my color choices.
- August 18, 2019 at 1:18 am #209258Anne-MarieLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 371Has thanked: 325 timesBeen thanked: 1050 times
I love bright colours e.g. pink, yellows etc. But also love mid and dark colours.
I would say that my favourite colours are mustard – in vouge this season – bright jade and bright purple. I also have several tight navy pencil skirts which I adore. I guess it could be said that I have an eclectic taste in clothes, and this includes the colour.
I’m also planning to collect a short pink dress I recently ordered from Or??ndo today but won’t be stepping out in it any time soon (don’t have the shoes to match lol).
Great poll Fi.
Take care girls.
- August 18, 2019 at 1:14 am #209254Stephanie KennedyRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 1122Has thanked: 8840 timesBeen thanked: 4866 times
- July 8, 2019 at 5:34 pm #196222K SwimLadyRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 654Has thanked: 316 timesBeen thanked: 1364 times
- July 3, 2019 at 1:26 pm #194899Sara Marie Franklin (SMF)LadyRegistered On: July 27, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 359Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 466 times
- June 22, 2019 at 11:36 am #192316Michelle LiefdeAmbassadorRegistered On: May 27, 2018Topics: 59Replies: 1178Has thanked: 1995 timesBeen thanked: 1709 times
Great poll question, Fi! I would say that as I get more comfortable I have noticed a definite move to wanting to bring more color into my wardrobe in both modes. I was the type that stuck pretty much to neutral or dark colors but I feel more at ease to wear softer and warmer colors.
- June 22, 2019 at 8:53 am #192276
- June 20, 2019 at 9:43 am #191861EmilyLadyRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 31Replies: 777Has thanked: 4810 timesBeen thanked: 2782 times
Depends on the occasion and whether I’m going out or not. When going out, I try to stick with subdued, neutral colors so as not to draw unwanted attention to myself. By myself, at home, nothing is out of the question. As I’ve grown older, I do tend to choose mostly moderate colors for even everyday wear. I have found myself working hard on creating coordinating outfits.
My CD life has been evolving over many years now to a point where I generally wear what I like, regardless of what color it is.
Great question, as usual!
- August 18, 2019 at 1:04 am #209248Anne-MarieLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 371Has thanked: 325 timesBeen thanked: 1050 times
Yes. I am much the same. I love brown’s, black, grey and especially navy blue but also some bright colours such as mustard – in vouge this year – purple and jade. I have recently ordered a short pink dress (which I need to collect) which looked lovely, slightly sexy even lol.
I tend to dress mainly to my mood and the occasion first but colour does factor into my choice.
Take good care girls.
- June 18, 2019 at 7:01 pm #191477JessicaRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 4Has thanked: 17 timesBeen thanked: 14 times
I absolutely LOVE all colors and have over 350 dresses and 150 skirt outfits (yes I have a serious shopping problem) a few different colored jeans and over 125 shoes and boots, not to mention undergarments and nighties, and in all various colors. I tend to gravitate towards the darker blacks and grays in the winter (but bright colors for my Christmas dresses), yellow pinks and florals in the spring, whites (jumpsuits) and maxi dresses of bright colors for summer nights, short skirts and all variety of colored tops for the hot days, and fall brings the browns, oranges and leafy prints and long matching skirt/top outfits. Side note I love winter also, for my stylish tights which is like an accessory for any outfit.
- August 17, 2019 at 9:31 am #209017
- June 18, 2019 at 4:52 pm #191456BeckaLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 104Replies: 1206Has thanked: 799 timesBeen thanked: 3348 times
Getting ready to pull out my butter yellow jeans, and have a pair of red to follow. I do have to get the right shoes, which I’m looking to buy soon.
I want wear my yellow jeans (w/red suede flats), and such to pride in SFO later this month.
SO will be surprised!
- June 17, 2019 at 4:22 am #191175Lucinda HawknsLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1407Has thanked: 85 timesBeen thanked: 1938 times
dresses with flowers and different colors, nylons to match, no straight colors. i do wear a black skirt now and then its the only one skirt i have that will fit me for now till i find a size to fit me well the black skirt i had to pin up to fit better so it will not fall down. i am a size 6 or 7 my skirt is a 8 and just a little too big. i have a 28 waist
- June 15, 2019 at 11:02 pm #190877
- June 15, 2019 at 7:40 pm #189438
- June 15, 2019 at 4:23 pm #187937AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- August 17, 2019 at 5:37 am #208900AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Whether in male or female dress, I love pink !
- June 15, 2019 at 3:46 pm #187609AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- June 15, 2019 at 3:30 pm #187472KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 738Has thanked: 3363 timesBeen thanked: 3659 times
Hi Fiona; not so “easy peezy” for me to answer. I wear it all regularly. Being retired, I have a pretty good routine. I probably change my femme clothes three to five times a day. First thing in the morning, I put on a red or white tank top with a flowered skater skirt and ride my recumbent bicycle. Then a yogurt & fruit breakfast while doing online Spanish lessons while wearing those same exercise clothes. Then I change to walk the dog. Usually wear a bright green top with dark blue sweats covered by my Las Vegas 1/2 marathon black/red vest (but sometimes a black top). After our 60 min walk, I’ll have a second breakfast or brunch depending on the time. I’ll change into shorts in the summer or black leggings in the winter (I live where we have six months of winter). The top could be anything from a medium to a dark colour. Then I walk the dog a second time in mid-afternoon again usually wearing a bright top. I’ll change again after that walk to whatever is appropriate for the evening – could be my skinny jeans & a medium colored sweatshirt or bright colored polo shirt. Right now I’m wearing a bright blue bra/panties/socks, white ladies slippers, gray shorts and bright blue sleeveless top. And I’ll probably change again in a couple of hours. I love being retired and having a huge closet to choose from. Hugs, Krista.
- June 15, 2019 at 1:47 pm #186866Alice EliotLadyRegistered On: February 9, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 57Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 160 times
- June 15, 2019 at 12:11 pm #186055Jennifer SwansonDuchessRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 67Replies: 251Has thanked: 5428 timesBeen thanked: 2072 times
- June 15, 2019 at 9:47 am #185717MacKenzie AlexandraManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: May 20, 2016Topics: 43Replies: 688Has thanked: 186 timesBeen thanked: 1931 times
My palette is across the spectrum. Depending o the occasion and my mood, I will go with bright colors to earth tones to shades of black and white. I’m not big on floral which is a problem this season as the season’s trend is floral.
- June 15, 2019 at 9:15 am #185712Selyne PhoenyxRegistered On: August 4, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 17Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 48 times
For me what I like to call Selyne standard Is a short sleeve black asymmetric hem tunic and long flowy wide legged chiffon pants but lately I have been adding colors like dark blue, crimson and purple. But as long as they are long and flowy absolutely love long and flowy.
- June 15, 2019 at 8:33 am #185710AshleyLadyRegistered On: May 25, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 258Has thanked: 941 timesBeen thanked: 965 times
When I first started it was all black, grey, and white. Finally I broke down and started getting more colors. Since then, I’ve tried pretty much everything!
A few times I’ve found something I’ve liked so much I’m tempted to get it in every color it comes in. My current favorite skater skirt might just be the first thing I actually do…
- June 15, 2019 at 8:31 am #185709Dame Veronica GraunwolfRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 55Replies: 1970Has thanked: 1755 timesBeen thanked: 2151 times
- June 15, 2019 at 8:29 am #185708Michelle LaFemLadyRegistered On: June 21, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 24Has thanked: 91 timesBeen thanked: 99 times
- June 15, 2019 at 8:27 am #185707Alysson MansonLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 29 times
I am gothic in my dress ,I like black, purple , lavender ,some times white ,yellow is a new color for me ,I wear tops ,I like v necks , I also do stripes which I call my twiggy look , I don’t wear dresses or skirts in public ,I like jean shorts or low ride jeans , I have a store in town that is cd friendly ,I get treated right ,u tube videos are great to learn how to sport a look ,I made my own video about my closet and clothes ,my biggest issue is tops ,I dress like this daily and go into public as me !!!!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.