Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

My relationship with my wife has always been one of openness.  Through both our ups and downs over the last several years, we have always had each other.  She is the love of my life and one of my best friends.  I have always been able to discuss anything with her and we have stood by each other through everything.  However, sharing that I am a crossdresser made me doubt our relationship.  I was scared how she would handle my disclosure and the effect it would have on our relationship and our love for each other.

I have gone back and forth countless times with my decision to share my crossdressing with my wife.  Before today, I always chicken out; my fear always seemed to stay my voice at the last moment.  This morning, however, things were different.  What was different, I will never know.  My wife noticed that something was bothering me and as usual in these circumstances, she set about to discover why.  In way that I am forever thankful, my wife’s support and nonjudgmental love gave me the strength to share my desire and love to crossdress.

To my shock and unending thanks, my wife was so accepting of my crossdressing.  She showed how deep our love is and why I fell in love with her in the first places.  She surprised me even more with her offer to shop with me.  The only negative was how hurt she was by my doubt  of her acceptance.

MacKenzie, I can certainly relate very well to this.  I had a very similar moment a few years back when one night things were just “different” just as you described.  After years and years of hiding this side of me from the world, there was something that just overtook me and I completely dropped my guard and came out to my wife about being a crossdresser.  I remember almost feeling numb afterwards and thinking “OMG… why did I tell her that???”.

Her reaction was almost identical to what you described from your wife, complete acceptance and encouragement.  She told me then that she always kind of “knew”, but had no idea how deep of a part of my personality this was.  I had a really hard time believing that she was as OK with things as she was saying, and it took me a long time to truly believe that.  Now I sit here nearly 4 years later and we are still going strong as ever, and I haven’t had to live a life in such secrecy… it’s been amazing.

So glad to hear that your wife was open, accepting, and supportive… love that lady forever as she is truly a special one.  Having an accepting SO makes things sooo much easier, I have read so many stories from others that have had to endure very harsh treatment from their SO’s after coming out to them, it’s so sad that anyone has to live through that just for being who they are.

So happy for you!

<3  Lauren

Lea
      Lady

A few years ago, after a lot of back and forth on whether to tell my wife or not, trying to weigh risks from all directions, and a few unsuccessful attempts hoping my wife would catch me, I gave up and revealed this secret I burden I had.

It took a few conversations over several months, a couple of them with an argumentative or hostile tone, I was suprised at how empathetic my wife is, how much she cares about me, how much she worries about my safety, how hurt she feels that I kept this secret from her, and how angry she feels that she doesn’t have a choice in the matter of me being a CD.

It’s definitely a confusing part of our relationship and I don’t know if we’ll ever sort it out completetly.  Yet the years go by, we each try to find some happiness, and we each have no idea what the future holds other than this deep desire to grow old together.

Anonymous

2016_personal stories: MacKenzie Alexandra original post: 

My relationship with my wife has always been one of openness.  Through both our ups and downs over the last several years, we have always had each other.  She is the love of my life and one of my best friends.  I have always been able to discuss anything with her and we have stood by each other through everything.  However, sharing that I am a crossdresser made me doubt our relationship.  I was scared how she would handle my disclosure and the effect it would have on our relationship and our love for each other.

I have gone back and forth countless times with my decision to share my crossdressing with my wife.  Before today, I always chicken out; my fear always seemed to stay my voice at the last moment.  This morning, however, things were different.  What was different, I will never know.  My wife noticed that something was bothering me and as usual in these circumstances, she set about to discover why.  In way that I am forever thankful, my wife’s support and nonjudgmental love gave me the strength to share my desire and love to crossdress.

To my shock and unending thanks, my wife was so accepting of my crossdressing.  She showed how deep our love is and why I fell in love with her in the first places.  She surprised me even more with her offer to shop with me.  The only negative was how hurt she was by my doubt  of her acceptance.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

It is great to read this, thank you for writing your experience.  I feel the same of my wife.  We have been together for almost 17 years and as my desire to dress was growing, I only felt it fair to tell her but how to discuss it. Being open has more than once helped her and I out.  When I did, she seemed more upset about my hesitation.  She still has some doubts but is gradually becoming more accepting and encouraging.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?