Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hey Girls

I know its been a while since I’ve been on-line so I hope everyone is doing well.

Today was an important day being I chose today to come out to my kids and family.  I wanted to share with the girls here my success.

All 3 of my kids whole-heartedly support, accept and love who I am.  I did it with a letter and sent it off this afternoon.  The suspense almost killed me.  My 2 daughters are totally supportive and have been talking to me for the better part of the past few hours.

The best response was from my son…and I quote

“Hey I’m at work right now. Don’t ever think that I’m gonna look at you any differently you’re still my Dad and I love you. I’ll text you back when I can.”

I know…pass the tissues!!  😢 happy tears

So if you’re sitting out there wondering when to come out…here’s my answer.

The sooner the better!  The relief of finally getting out there is huge. You hear so many of us say it and now I can chime in with them just the same.  The sooner you let your loved ones know the better.

Yes there are many in the LGBTQ community who have had family and loved ones turn their back.  Better to do it now then for them to turn their back when you need them most.  Besides if you haven’t entered into the LGBTQ communities, you should.

They are some of the most loving, compassionate, kind and absolutely amazing people.

Needed to share that with everyone

XO – Robyn DeVine  ❤️🤗💋

Anonymous
      Lady

It’s a great feeling.

When I came out to my children they were not supporting. They love me the same but don’t care to meet Michelle. So good for you. I am glad they are so supportive.

Im so happy for you, Robyn, unfortunately for me, that will never happen,as long as I want a relationship with my sons
      Hugs, Regine👸💕

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

More tissues please ….😢😭

That is wonderful Robyn!  Tears of happiness are the best kind too.  I just love your sons response – short and to the point, as if to put his foot down with you and say “dont you dare think this changes anything, especially my love for you”.

Just love it.  Good for you Robyn!! 😀

Stevie

Hi Robyn I am not sure what you told your children in that letter. You let your family know you are a cross dresser? You are a woman? or you want to be a woman? I see now reason to tell my children or my grandchildren any thing about my desire to express my self in the feminine. I am sure they will all find out eventually when my time has come to a end. My closets are filled with wonderful treasures that i personally chose to buy and wear. Some would still give me pleasure if I could rid my self of this covid fat around my middle. If you want to share something that is really important to you and your family. Let them know how much they are loved every day. Let them know you will always be there for them. I am always amazed by my wife. She could be dressed for combat complete with camouflage make up, night time goggles with helmet. My children and grandchildren could find her in the dark hiding behind solid rock. They know her smell they know when she is in pain, they know when she is happy, they know when she is sad She does not have to tell them anything they already do not know. She reminds of the old lady in the shoe story with all her children staring at her wanting more of the endless love she continually shares. When i can achieve that i know I have arrived and i will not have to say anything about my desires. They will already know. Just a few thoughts.

Luv Stephanie

Jane Don
      Lady

Robyn–Fantastic—You & your wife have done something Very right in raising your kids–(better than average) I can’t state that strongly enough- My wife & I thought for many yrs that All 5 kids were good with “Jane” -they would visit us very regular & never seemed to blink an eye at me being dressed-(in fact would visit when wife wasn’t home & I was dressed & stay & talk with me for hrs) then wife took sick & suddenly died about two yrs ago– Now the only ones I see or talk to on the ph are my two Youngest’s girls the older girl & the boys want nothing to do with me– I don’t understand but that’s how it is-

Paula
      Lady

Such a beautiful story…pass the tissues please. I have yet to come out to kids but I’m scared of what they would think of me along with my parents and brother.

thanks for sharing
      Paula

Paula

That was a part of my reasoning for doing it.

For one – if anyone/everyone in my family is going to turn their back on me…might as well be now as opposed to down the road when I might really need them.

Two – In case of, God forbid, I get into an accident or something, I don’t anyone being shocked to see me and like above turning away at a point when I really need them.

Both my daughters love it and have both commented on how they feel like the invisible wall has finally come down between us.  Our kids deserve more credit sometimes…they are more perceptive than we think.

Robyn

Paula
          Lady

Thank you Robyn for that encouragement. You do make a lot of sense with h what you say. I just got to find the right time to do so.

[postquote quote=501840]

Stevie

I know RIGHT?!  Like that’s enough of that $#!t!!  BOOOM!!

Kate
      Baroness

Happy for you. Thanks for sharing, I wish anyone as brave as you should have such a story!

Kate

AWWW…Thank you!

YES!! It definitely takes bravery!  Its scary as hell, and I got lucky and blessed.  Some don’t receive the same results.

Robyn 💋🤗

What wonderful news Robyn!  Thanks for sharing.

Alice

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

I’m so happy it went so well!  I agree with you that it can be a good idea to let those closest to you know.  I struggle with this greatly because I don’t want to come out to my children.  My wife knows and is supportive and that’s enough for me because I don’t dress that often.  BUT to agree with a point you made, I had a real life experience that made me rethink telling them.  My wife and I had COVID at the same time.  She was in the hospital on oxygen and I was home but very sick.  There was a point things could have gone really bad for both of us and I had to think about what would happen if our daughters had to settle our estate and found all my Lola stuff.  I would never want them to have to deal with that.  So I gathered all my girl stuff and took it up into the attic, carried them to the farthest corner, lowered them down into a recess above on of the closets and covered it all in a foot of insulation.   My oxygen level was so low and fever so high that I had to stop twice and rest, then lay down for a few minutes to have to energy to climb down.   Thankfully we are both fine now but it was a very scary time.

So I know I need to tell at least one of them so she can discreetly take care of things.  Sadly, even after all that I still haven’t found the courage.

Congratulations Robyn! Happy tears for you! Some of the other posts here made me cry also. I just don’t understand sometimes. our hearts are the same. I don’t have children and can only imagine the pain of having some of them not accepting. Again thank you Robyn for an uplifting story!

Hugs Michelle C.

Anonymous

Thank you Robyn for sharing your experience. I haven’t told my daughter but have been considering it, your story gives me hope that I can do it. The strange thing is I know she would be completely loving and accepting. It’s all in my perspective as to how much it would change things.💕💋 Katie

Such fantastic news Robyn, I’m really happy you’ve had such a great outcome.

this is so fantastic, so happy for you robyn

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Relationship Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?