Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Nancy
      Lady

I was waiting for a phlebotomist to poke my arm for blood today, when out of the blue, she asked me, “Do you shave your legs?” I was a little taken by surprise by the question, but just said, “Yes.” I was in drab attire, but the way I was sitting, my shorts were probably six inches above the knee. Then she said, “This is kind of a strange compliment, but they look really good.”

That comment made me feel really good and put a smile on my face, which I needed after the past week. A few kind words are a powerful thing! Now I think I’ll go moisturize my legs. 🙂

Nancy

Nice Nancy!

Hi Nancy thats just a cute little story and a joy for the heart congrats girl..

Stephanie

Nancy –

What a lovely experience and so unexpected.  What a wonderful feeling taht must have been.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Anonymous
      Lady

Nice! A girl can never get enough compliments and when they come unexpectedly its even better.

they definitely do. I got complimented on my nails the other day and it was so nice, but I do wanna add that they are better the less generic they are. So often it feels like people just say a compliment without any real meaning behind. Like just a mass produced “You look pretty”.

Anonymous

I would be tickled to have gotten that compliment. May even have been tempted to mention that shaved legs look much better when I’m wearing a dress.

Anonymous
      Lady

Nice compliment Nancy! It does feel good to get a compliment once in a while. I do get them on my nails all the time and occasionally about what I have on.

Nancy
      Lady

[postquote quote=666761]
      Aw, why didn’t I think of that! I’m sure it would have been a conversation starter.

I’m closeted so compliments from strangers is n/a for me but I have a great boyfriend who gives me compliments all the time.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

How lovely to get an unexpected compliment like that! That is sweet Nancy!

💕Lara

Becka
      Lady

Something similar happened to me recently, and the compliment came from my Wife of all people! I was wearing my new cream yellow colored summer shoes, sneaker like, matching capris, and shirt. My wife saw me coming down the hallway and said “You look so summery and nice!”.

I was shocked but took it in stride!

Davina
      Lady

So happy for you. Yes compliments are so wonderful. In my limited time cross dressing I find that other women will be far more open to giving compliments than men. Quite frankly it means more to me to have a women or other cross dresser compliment me.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Nancy, any compliment is such a boost to our egos. For me one I remember is from my class reunion outing on the last day I wore a new (for me) top and one of the ladies I was with said nice top, where did you get it. I told her it was from the local thrift store only a few blocks away. Made me smile the rest of the afternoon.
      . Cassie

I’ve been growing my hair out and I now almost always wear lipstick, earrings and mascara.

I got a shampoo and blow dry last week.
      I asked the stylist to take some photos.

I really liked one and worked up the nerve to send it to my confidantes. All GG’s, close to 15. Only one had seen me in such timid femininity.

I was almost stunned at their replies.
      Lots of congratulations for expressing myself and being me. “You look great, you look happy!” Two of them said you look more feminine than masculine.

It’s been wonderful to have their acceptance and support, but this takes it up several more notches.

Thursday I have a mani-pedi, brow wax appointment. It’s a big salon..I’ve had 5 different nail ladies, and waiting room and check out staff know of course. As well as two additional stylists I knew before I opened up.

Compliments are like drugs. You never get enough and each time encourages another step into the open feminine.

My problem is i have a hard time trusting compliments. I think i usually look a bit silly, so i tend to feel that compliments are really just people trying to be nice and accepting. I mean, as an example, i never here the GG in my office compliment each other, but they often compliment me. I am sure it isnt because i look better than them, its because they are trying to be kind.

Roberta Broussard
        Duchess - Annual

Or maybe, they just see you putting more effort into it. Some people are blessed with beauty but the rest of us have to work at it. LOL

We all adore getting compliments which gives us a thrill afterwards. Simple compliments I get over something I am wearing, my nails, or just earrings but never get tired of them

Valerie Kennedy
      Baroness

The first time I went out en femme for real (besides a walk from the hotel room to the car) was about two years ago after my first makeover. I went to a rite aid for supplies – it was later and not crowded at all. When I checked out, the cashier (early 20s GG) said “I noticed your hair when you walked in…i love the color”. Needless to say my knees buckled and I said in my best girl voice “that’s so sweet, thank you so much!”. Of course I overanalyzed the brief throwaway interaction “did she read me and was just trying to show support?” Or was I passing and she was giving an actual compliment? I realized it didn’t matter and just to appreciate the kind interaction. Either way, exactly what I needed for some support on my first trip out!!

Roberta Broussard
        Duchess - Annual

I agree that it just doesn’t matter from what perspective the compliment comes. Sincere compliments are just so wonderful to hear. Funny thing about it is, that it doesn’t cost a thing to give them away. Oh, but the reward, of seeing someone light up is so worth it.

Anonymous

Good for you, Nancy.  Thank you for sharing.

I have received a few compliments recently. Today at Trader  Joe’s the lady bagging my groceries was quite exuberant about my toe color. She said she loved the color and asked why I didn’t paint my fingers too. I’ve actually had two or three compliments on my current toe color.

A couple of weeks ago I was walking into Target and a woman rolled down her window as she drove by to tell me that she liked my hair.

Compliments are always great to get.  We should all strive to give more compliments and brighten someone’s day

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?