Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So, I’m pretty new to applying makeup.  I also have some pretty heavy facial hair (damn my Spanish and Italian genes, lol).  I’ve been using a concealer all over my beard area before applying my foundation.  I’ve tried using a concealer that’s slightly lighter than my foundation, which didn’t work.  Then I tried using a concealer that’s slightly darker than my foundation, which seems to work better but its still not quite perfect.

Would a color corrector be better for beard cover?  I wouldn’t know how to find the right shade, based off my skin tone.  I’m seeing purples, and greens, and oranges…  It’s kinda confusing.  Finding the right color corrector shade seems more complicated than finding the right concealer shade.

Anonymous

Hi Ruby.

May I make a suggestion? Just for practice use each one of the corrector colors (purple/green/orange on 1/4 of the area you want to correct, and then use some very red lipstick on the other 1/4)
      Make sure you leave a light application of each. Then go with the foundation like you normally do.

And now check which area seems to look better than the others. That will be the best corrective tone/color for you.
      Then you may need to fine-tune how much coverage you give with the corrector before the foundation.

I hope it made sense!

Thanks I’ll try that

Jecca Blac
      Professional

Hello,

We’ve created lots of content around covering beard shadow as we know its an area that people struggle with;

How To Cover Beard Shadow

How to Cover Beard Shadow – YouTube tutorial

Our Correct & Conceal Palette was specifically designed with beard shadow coverage in mind and each palette comes with a colour corrector and concealer suited to your skintone. We also offer a free shade matching service for anyone interested, which you can find here.

Generally, you want to use an orange color corrector for beard areas.  Why?  Because hair just below the skin shows through the skin as blue.  That’s why five o’clock shadow has a blue tint.  Orange is blue’s complementary color (directly opposite on the color wheel), so it neutralizes blue tones.

It is useful to dab the areas where the beard halo is most evident with an orange-tinted concealer, which is inevitable especially for darker and thicker hairs. For example, you can use the concealer from the Dermablend Vichy line, or a concealer from the Freshly Cosmetics line that can be purchased from the comfort of your home.

The most common mistake is to apply the concealer with your fingers …. Much better with a brush and then dab it with a special sponge ….. Obviously you have to moisturize the skin before using any make-up product and after the ‘moisturizer you will need to apply a face primer, I recommend not to use the face primer for the eye area; there is a special primer for the eyes.

You just have to try, try relaxing, make-up time does not have to be a stress …. But a therapy.

Hugs

Greta

You see..  I didn’t even know there was such a thing as eye primer, I’m such a noob, lol!! Definitely something I need to get! Thanks!

Since making this post I have made improvements. The orange color corrector seemed to work best, and I did apply a matte primer, which made a huge difference..

@rubyrenee84

Here at CDH we are a big welcoming family, with this spirit even though I am not a professional make-up artist I have given you part of my self-make-up experience of about 40 years.

I hope it was useful to you and made you happy!

Hugs from Italy
          Greta❤️

Dear Ruby
      Another fundamental trick to minimize the halo of the beard when putting on make-up is to use a new razor to shave the areas where the hair generally remains more evident.
      In my case when I make up I use a new razor for the mustache and chin, then I use a new one for the sideburns (the beard line that passes near the ear)
      To shave the rest I use one of the two previously used to shave the mustache or sideburns.
      Moisturizing the skin means having less hostile hair to shave 😉

Hugs from Italy
      Greta❤️

Dear @rubyrenee84
      Another fundamental trick to minimize the halo of the beard when putting on make-up is to use a new razor to shave the areas where the hair generally remains more evident.
      In my case when I make up I use a new razor for the mustache and chin, then I use a new one for the sideburns (the beard line that passes near the ear)
      To shave the rest I use one of the two previously used to shave the mustache or sideburns.
      Moisturizing the skin means having less hostile hair to shave 😉

Hugs from Italy
      Greta❤️

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Professional Makeup Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?