- July 31, 2021 at 7:59 am #525384GenevïēveParticipantRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1712Has thanked: 13555 timesBeen thanked: 7106 times
This past Thursday I got dressed up and decided to sit on the front porch for a bit. Enjoyed the feeling of being outside enfemme.
Then was thinking… should I go for a stroll up the street. Why not !!! If the neighbours see, and recognize me, what are they going to do ??? Nothing… so off I went. It was wonderful.
I’ve reached the point in my life where I really don’t care about what others think of me and if they approve/ disapprove. I was a very insecure child/teen… to have come this far, confidence wise, is quite remarkable.
Total of 26 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- August 1, 2021 at 2:54 pm #525898Laura Jane MooreLadyRegistered On: July 10, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 178Has thanked: 1043 timesBeen thanked: 767 times
- August 1, 2021 at 2:57 pm #525903
- August 1, 2021 at 12:32 pm #525841Beth GreenLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 27Replies: 455Has thanked: 2406 timesBeen thanked: 2357 times
Wonderful Gen! A step forward in being YOU. You brought out your courage, found out it was easy and have now encouraged dozens of others. Each event now becomes easier, you will always have butterflies before you do something new but if you remember your attitude when you started your stroll and the wonderful feelings when you completed it you will conquer every goal.
Many have commented on the importance of posting our stories here. There are two valuable reasons. First to celebrate our successes (Wow! I did it!) and second to encourage others (You can do it!)
The subject of being careful is also important. I take a daily walk of at least two miles everyday, usually in the evening. Doesn’t sound like much but for an old lady with arthritis, bad left knee, questionable hips and using a cane I am pretty pleased with it. My ultimate goal is four miles. Anyway, while out walking the other evening a young woman stopped me for a conversation. She had seen me before and wanted to talk, she was concerned about my walking alone in our neighborhood. She totally accepted me as a woman (woo hoo!) until she gave me a hug. Then she realized I was a man and became very concerned because I could have problems with bad people. I assured her it was alright, this neighborhood was actually fairly safe. We have a Catholic church, convent, school, county government center and two senior centers, all well lit. I have not experienced any problems, I am always very aware of my surroundings, and the cane is a great defensive weapon. We continued with a lovely chat and as we said our goodbyes she said she will be watching for me from now on. The points are, choose your outing areas carefully and become familiar with people along the way. They will watch out for you.
- August 1, 2021 at 2:55 pm #525899
- August 1, 2021 at 2:39 pm #525894GenevïēveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1712Has thanked: 13555 timesBeen thanked: 7106 times
‘Many have commented on the importance of posting our stories here. There are two valuable reasons. First to celebrate our successes (Wow! I did it!) and second to encourage others (You can do it!)’
This is what our community is all about… 🙂
- August 1, 2021 at 7:38 am #525784Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 57Replies: 1566Has thanked: 6622 timesBeen thanked: 7898 times
- August 1, 2021 at 8:36 am #525793
- July 31, 2021 at 6:02 pm #525649Tonya JohnsonLadyRegistered On: July 17, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 105Has thanked: 153 timesBeen thanked: 305 times
- August 1, 2021 at 6:53 am #525771
- July 31, 2021 at 5:47 pm #525645Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 647Has thanked: 1316 timesBeen thanked: 2973 times
- August 1, 2021 at 6:49 am #525767
- July 31, 2021 at 4:58 pm #525629Regine KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 40Replies: 1314Has thanked: 15618 timesBeen thanked: 5883 times
- July 31, 2021 at 5:21 pm #525636
- July 31, 2021 at 3:59 pm #525595Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 52Replies: 3892Has thanked: 4783 timesBeen thanked: 8767 times
- July 31, 2021 at 5:23 pm #525637
- July 31, 2021 at 12:58 pm #525516Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 1362Has thanked: 4233 timesBeen thanked: 6469 times
- July 31, 2021 at 1:43 pm #525531GenevïēveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1712Has thanked: 13555 timesBeen thanked: 7106 times
- July 31, 2021 at 2:38 pm #525557Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 1362Has thanked: 4233 timesBeen thanked: 6469 times
- July 31, 2021 at 10:32 am #525463Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 120Replies: 2824Has thanked: 10449 timesBeen thanked: 16017 times
- July 31, 2021 at 10:00 am #525453Katie TimeDuchessRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 33Replies: 265Has thanked: 1771 timesBeen thanked: 1523 times
- July 31, 2021 at 10:20 am #525461
- July 31, 2021 at 9:46 am #525446Bobbisue JonesLadyRegistered On: May 24, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 282Has thanked: 1619 timesBeen thanked: 865 times
Thanks for posting, Gen. it came at right time. You have made my decision a lot easier.
I had planned on going en femme to my therapist visit. I hardly have any feminine clothes so it’s going to be shorts and a top. I don’t own a wig yet so hair will be drab. I don’t care. It will be a big step that has to start somewhere. Thanks again for your post, it really reinforced my decision!
love and hugs Bobbisue Jones
- July 31, 2021 at 9:53 am #525450LadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1712Has thanked: 13555 timesBeen thanked: 7106 times
- July 31, 2021 at 9:04 am #525434Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 533Replies: 1837Has thanked: 8431 timesBeen thanked: 7525 times
Congratulations darling, I knew you could do it 👍
When you have one of those days (dgaf), it makes it a little easier later when you’re not having one of those days (“wait a minute, I nailed this before, I can do it again & maybe go a little farther”)
Think I told ya you got this nailed hon…so happy for you right now, way to go Girlfriend!!
Hi Gen! 😘
- July 31, 2021 at 8:25 am #525404Jamie WilliamsLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 70Has thanked: 173 timesBeen thanked: 451 times
Thanks, Gen. this is precisely where I am now. I’m having a house built and am really looking forward to that completely new fresh start. And I really want that courage to just be me. To hang out on the front or back porch dressed how I please, or to feel the rush and joy and freedom of walking the neighborhood in a skirt or dress.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Jamie Williams.
- July 31, 2021 at 8:17 am #525395KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 687Has thanked: 2275 timesBeen thanked: 3222 times
Good Morning Gen, Way to Go Gurl!!!! Congrats. I bet you feel a bunch of weight has come off your shoulders.
These confidence boosting steps start to build on each other and pretty soon you’ll be heading into stores en femme and not thinking twice about it. Take your time and move at your own pace. And if you get a few stares or get called “sir”, don’t take it hard. I normally get called “ma’am” at the grocery store but there are a few times I get called “sir”, and it kind of throws me for a loop, I’m disappointed but I let is slide off my back without worry.
Have a lovely weekend, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.
- July 31, 2021 at 8:13 am #525390helenmarieLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2018Topics: 11Replies: 171Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 548 times
Hello Genevieve, Good for you to go out & be confident in your CD. I think you have the right idea about other people, weather they like you or not in CD mode does not matter. But always be careful about where you go or who you talk to, not everbody is that tolerant & can be abusive, just be aware. Having said that, go out & enjoy your new confidence & enjoy be a CD lady. love, Helenmarie
- July 31, 2021 at 8:35 am #525421
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.