• Creator
    Topic
    Sa•man•tha
    Ambassador
    Registered On: January 21, 2018
    Topics: 200
    Replies: 1320

Maybe these are silly questions…but what is that, confidence?  Sometimes you hear of such a thing as, “womanly confidence” … is there a difference between that, and any other sort?  Do you know it when you feel it, and can you describe it? What are some ways one could display some of this womanly confidence?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Camryn Occasionnel
      Participant
      Registered On: December 10, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 387

“What is confidence?” Certainly not a silly question, but hard for someone like me who entirely lacks it to even understand it.

Here is silly: my brain immediately thought of Maria (Julie Andrews) singing “I Have Confidence” from Sound of Music. She sings, “I have confidence in confidence alone….” Whatever does that mean? I don’t know, but maybe what Maria really had was “womanly confidence”.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Alison Anderson
      Participant
      Registered On: October 15, 2018
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 311

I’ve never heard of womanly confidence.  To me there is no difference.

Confidence is owning the situation and going through it with your head held high.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Stevie Steiner
      Participant
      Registered On: June 11, 2020
      Topics: 22
      Replies: 457

Would confidence come when one is accepting and comfortable with ones abilities?  Be it work, family life, or hobbies, eventually you become relaxed and at ease with the activity, be it working, or playing a sport, or applying your wake up for an evening out.

Confidence is accepting the fact that you know what you are doing, and that you’re doing it right.

…. umm, not confident I explained that right … lol. 🙂

Stevie

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Olivia Livin
      Participant
      Registered On: October 22, 2018
      Topics: 34
      Replies: 1419

I suppose it can have any number of prefix titles but the core would still be confidence.

Its a feeling…of  accomplishing something with a practiced ease, comfort and somewhat natural ability.

Actual confidence can only be gained through DOING whatever the task may be repeatadly and coming away from them with positive outcomes. Think golf, baseball, carpentry, plumbing, etc., Its the same for all of these so dressing and shopping should be no different.

Getting the actual confidence can be obtained through the self imposed practice and ART of portraying those same qualities to onlookers, start small and work up until indeed they do come naturally without effort. Its generally only you that knows you are new and inexperienced in what you’re doing. After studying, some pre-planning and a positive mindset(thats the really big part), go for it. Go into it like you’ve done it a thousand times, conveying knowledge and surity through your positive stature, actions and expression.

Think about people you’ve observed and dealt with in life from mechanics, tradespeople, lawyers or whatever. If they are humming and hawing, unfocused and scratching their heads it leads you to feel a lack of confidence in their abilities. But then there are many who when new have practiced the art, gotten the job done, gained the positive experience and are now rightfully confident.

The girl thats fidgetty, always glancing around to see who’s watching, or tugging at their hemlines and straps, stumbling on words or won’t make eye contact, don’t let this be you. You deserve to be you!, stand proud.

You’ve Got This

Kay Anderson
      Participant
      Registered On: June 1, 2020
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 419

I would describe confidence as knowing all the way down to your core that something is true. That you have a picture in your mind that it already happened with the outcome you desired.

Womanly confidence is when that valve opens and the feminine energy flows like a fire hose. For us, that can mean a total lack of guilt, shame and doubt.

I sometimes can feel it. It makes me feel like all the stars are aligned and this is meant to be. Total confidence for me would be growing my hair out and getting it styled, wearing makeup, dressing like a woman 24/7 and not caring what anyone thinks. My ultimate goal!

Kay

patty williams
      Participant
      Registered On: January 19, 2019
      Topics: 62
      Replies: 1105

Confidence: The feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something.

As my confidence is usually not that high.

I think its a little of mine and a lot of you girls thank  for your portion I couldn’t do it without you.

you all are with me every time I go out en femme.

Patty

Carla Jones
      Participant
      Registered On: May 14, 2017
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 257

Confidence to me is dressing as Carla, walking out the door and going out in public. Entering places with my head held high knowing I have as much right as anyone to be out and about dressed as I see fit. Trying on clothes, buying groceries and walking through a store and stopping at a mirror and making sure my hair is right, my dress is not riding too high and a smile in my eyes. Not being afraid when a checkout clerk asks you a question or says hello to speak back and carry on a simple conversation. Confidence also to me means I know nothing is wrong with me for enjoying and wearing women’s fashions.

Carla

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 145

What a difficult question. All the GG I know seem supremely confident but also seem so insecure. My GG friends are confident in how they look and how they dress and I wish I had that confidence. We’re all different but we’re all the same.

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.