- August 9, 2020 at 4:45 pm #372483Sa•man•thaAmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 200Replies: 1320Has thanked: 5581 timesBeen thanked: 4441 times
Maybe these are silly questions…but what is that, confidence? Sometimes you hear of such a thing as, “womanly confidence” … is there a difference between that, and any other sort? Do you know it when you feel it, and can you describe it? What are some ways one could display some of this womanly confidence?
- August 10, 2020 at 9:21 pm #372900Camryn OccasionnelParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 387Has thanked: 655 timesBeen thanked: 930 times
“What is confidence?” Certainly not a silly question, but hard for someone like me who entirely lacks it to even understand it.
Here is silly: my brain immediately thought of Maria (Julie Andrews) singing “I Have Confidence” from Sound of Music. She sings, “I have confidence in confidence alone….” Whatever does that mean? I don’t know, but maybe what Maria really had was “womanly confidence”.
- August 10, 2020 at 7:49 pm #372875Alison AndersonParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 311Has thanked: 152 timesBeen thanked: 1079 times
- August 10, 2020 at 9:38 am #372695Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 457Has thanked: 1873 timesBeen thanked: 2147 times
Would confidence come when one is accepting and comfortable with ones abilities? Be it work, family life, or hobbies, eventually you become relaxed and at ease with the activity, be it working, or playing a sport, or applying your wake up for an evening out.
Confidence is accepting the fact that you know what you are doing, and that you’re doing it right.
…. umm, not confident I explained that right … lol. 🙂
- August 10, 2020 at 7:30 am #372662Olivia LivinParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 34Replies: 1419Has thanked: 5880 timesBeen thanked: 3165 times
I suppose it can have any number of prefix titles but the core would still be confidence.
Its a feeling…of accomplishing something with a practiced ease, comfort and somewhat natural ability.
Actual confidence can only be gained through DOING whatever the task may be repeatadly and coming away from them with positive outcomes. Think golf, baseball, carpentry, plumbing, etc., Its the same for all of these so dressing and shopping should be no different.
Getting the actual confidence can be obtained through the self imposed practice and ART of portraying those same qualities to onlookers, start small and work up until indeed they do come naturally without effort. Its generally only you that knows you are new and inexperienced in what you’re doing. After studying, some pre-planning and a positive mindset(thats the really big part), go for it. Go into it like you’ve done it a thousand times, conveying knowledge and surity through your positive stature, actions and expression.
Think about people you’ve observed and dealt with in life from mechanics, tradespeople, lawyers or whatever. If they are humming and hawing, unfocused and scratching their heads it leads you to feel a lack of confidence in their abilities. But then there are many who when new have practiced the art, gotten the job done, gained the positive experience and are now rightfully confident.
The girl thats fidgetty, always glancing around to see who’s watching, or tugging at their hemlines and straps, stumbling on words or won’t make eye contact, don’t let this be you. You deserve to be you!, stand proud.
You’ve Got This
- August 10, 2020 at 1:48 am #372575Kay AndersonParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 419Has thanked: 3150 timesBeen thanked: 2078 times
I would describe confidence as knowing all the way down to your core that something is true. That you have a picture in your mind that it already happened with the outcome you desired.
Womanly confidence is when that valve opens and the feminine energy flows like a fire hose. For us, that can mean a total lack of guilt, shame and doubt.
I sometimes can feel it. It makes me feel like all the stars are aligned and this is meant to be. Total confidence for me would be growing my hair out and getting it styled, wearing makeup, dressing like a woman 24/7 and not caring what anyone thinks. My ultimate goal!
- August 9, 2020 at 6:04 pm #372502patty williamsParticipantRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 62Replies: 1105Has thanked: 1660 timesBeen thanked: 3539 times
Confidence: The feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something.
As my confidence is usually not that high.
I think its a little of mine and a lot of you girls thank for your portion I couldn’t do it without you.
you all are with me every time I go out en femme.
- August 9, 2020 at 6:02 pm #372501Carla JonesParticipantRegistered On: May 14, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 257Has thanked: 39 timesBeen thanked: 884 times
Confidence to me is dressing as Carla, walking out the door and going out in public. Entering places with my head held high knowing I have as much right as anyone to be out and about dressed as I see fit. Trying on clothes, buying groceries and walking through a store and stopping at a mirror and making sure my hair is right, my dress is not riding too high and a smile in my eyes. Not being afraid when a checkout clerk asks you a question or says hello to speak back and carry on a simple conversation. Confidence also to me means I know nothing is wrong with me for enjoying and wearing women’s fashions.
- August 9, 2020 at 5:22 pm #372492AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 7Replies: 145Has thanked: 426 timesBeen thanked: 299 times
What a difficult question. All the GG I know seem supremely confident but also seem so insecure. My GG friends are confident in how they look and how they dress and I wish I had that confidence. We’re all different but we’re all the same.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.