Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author

Hello Gurls,

I have a black leather mini skirt from Dorothy Perkins size UK 14 – US 10 – EURO 42 is printed on the label. It has a half length zip at the back.

I got it in a charity / thrift shop in the UK, it cost me only £4, it fits me perfectly. I adore this skirt.

I have measured it across the waist band and it measures 17 inches.

This may be a help to anyone as a guide to size measurements.

I always have a small rolled up tape measure with me when browsing the charity shops, to check sizes as labels can be very confusing.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I do a lot of my shopping in thrift stores and have found that it’s a problem with size. Sometimes the tag is removed, many times it just shows “12” and you don’t know if that’s UK/US or what.
      While having a tape measure with me can be handy it is a little awkward to have to pull it up all the time so I have figured out how to use my arm to measure waist size.
      I started with some pants that fit me. I hold one side of the garment waist line at the bottom inside of my thumb, then the other side will be just where my arm bend. Less than that and it won’t fit, bigger and it may be loose/have to be taken in.

I have a similar way to measure chest size. I find doing it against my arm is very fast and convenient, way better than going by size since they can be all over the place.

Thank you Kelly for your reply.

I find those ideas of yours about measuring, a very good idea. I have found that here in the UK during the winter time, the shops do not have a very good selection of skirts on sale, it is mostly leggings and jeans. Perhaps when the spring time arrives, there will be more skirts to choose from. The weather here in the UK is very wintry with heavy snow forecast for the rest of this week.
        Best wishes,
        Alison

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?