• This topic has 7 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

According to some articles on crossdressing, if you don’t wear a wig or put on make-up, you are not a true crossdresser, because then only doing so your life as a female becomes a total commitment.
      Truth of the matter is, I’m really not to keen on wearing lipstick and eyelash, etc. in public.
      Maybe a wig, but that’s it.
      Can anyone elaborate on this subject for me?

I disagree with this conclusion.  If makeup and hair to not make the woman among cis women, why should it be the defining characteristic of CD women.  For me, crossdressing is about being comfortable and being able to connect to all aspects of my personality.  As a person, I am not in elaborate and time consuming grooming habits, regardless of whether I am being masculine or feminine.  Do not get me wrong, I am not saying that makeup and hairstyle are not part of my image at times.  Is that I don’t believe that it is required on daily basis to be me.

Evita,

I whole heartedly disagree with what you relayed about the article that you were reading. I am very light user of makeup, maybe some lip gloss and some eyeliner. I don’t own, nor do I ever intend to own a wig, ok, my hair is shoulder legnth and I am able to style it in an effeminite way…..  I think everyone tries too hard to put labels on everything, and that’s just bloody wrong. Be comfortable in whatever aspect of crossdressing that you are comfortable with

Cookie! 🙂

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cross-dressing is the act of wearing items of clothing and other accoutrements commonly associated with the opposite sex within a particular society

Ignoring their use of “sex” instead of “gender”

Whether one is fully dressed with wig and make-up to the extent that no one is aware that the person is in fact a crossdresser or whether one is wearing stockings under pants, socks and shoes so no one can see, each is a crossdresser, it is only a matter of degrees.

Evita, from your profile and your posts, I declare that you are a crossdresser. The extent to which you crossdress is entirely up to you. Do what YOU, want to do and what YOU, feel comfortable doing.
      Hugs
      Sheryl

When I started down my journey of discovery, I had the same questions trying to identify who I am. I read the articles, looked up definitions, took tests, etc. The only answers I got was from the tests in that every time I took them they came back saying I’m androgynous.
      I think our society tries to put labels on things so they can identify them. Of course most of us don’t fit anyone category. Am I androgynous? Am I Transgender? Am I transsexual? Am I a crossdresser? Am I a faggot? Am I a fairy? Am I pansy? Truth is I wear something with lace almost everyday. Some days I put on makeup, some days just a dress, some days just heels, and some days I go all out.
      We use labels to define men and women. Clearly there are obvious biological differences between the two, but we are labeled as masculine for men and feminine for women so that we can fit in that nice little category where in reality many of us are just feminine men.
      So the real question is does it really matter? If it does there’s not much point to this conversation. Case in point: Many of us hang out in gay bars. Not because we’re homosexual (or gay if you prefer) we go there because they are more open minded, accepting, and most of all it’s a “safe” place to go.
      My philosophy is be who you are. Do what makes you happy. But be smart about it! In other words don’t go down to the local redneck bar in drag, because you’re just asking for trouble.

I go to work ever day with stretch jeans, tinted moisturizer and lip stick. I own an auto rely shop and do work on cars most of the time as well as run the business.
      The is no “Box” to put us in.
      Have fun and enjoy our live.

Rose
      Lady

As a rule of thumb, I disregard anything that says, “In order to be a true/real X, you must do Y.”

• If you’re a real gamer, you have to like Settlers of Catan.
      • If you’re a real woman, you have to like wearing heels and stockings.
      • If you’re a real man, you have to know how to change the oil in your car.

All of those are B.S., much like the conclusion of the article you’re talking about.

Anonymous

Like Rose, I have no truck with “No True Scotsman” arguments (or “No True Scots Lady,” perhaps?).  Suddenly Fem is there to sell you things, not make you comfortable about who you are and now you live your life–unless it happens to coincide with them selling you things.  (Which is fine–I’ve no complaint about commerce.)  Their marketing approach obviously contains a bias, but all marketing is bias.  Don’t take it too seriously.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?