Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

My mom recently may a comment that was both surprising and confusing.  I have been shaving my legs consistently now for about fifteen months.  It has only garnered a few comments, mostly out of curiosity, from individuals with which I interact.  On my family side, only my sister and sister-in-law have made any comment.  Though my mom hasn’t commented about my legs, she did comment last week about the rolled cuffs on my shorts while I was helping her pack the trailer for her vacation.  She allude that she was surprised that I was wearing shorts with rolled cuffs.  It should be known that I was wearing a pair of women’s shorts.  I explained that I had bought the shorts because they were break above the knee which I prefer unlike my men’s shorts which break on or below the knee.  I didn’t say that they were women’s shorts and if my mom knew she said nothing.  What I found surprising and confusing was that that has been the only comment she has made to me.  And if she noticed the cuffs of my shorts, she had to have noticed that my legs were shaved.   In full disclosure, I should also make it know that I have shaved my legs on and off since I was a teenager, being a swimmer and cyclist since I was young.  But I hadn’t regularly shaved my legs for almost a decade before I resumed last year.  Overall, I was surprised that she has only commented about my shorts and colored socks, but no my legs.

MacKenzie Alexandra

She had to know they were shaved. If she knew that you had shaved them on and off since you were a teenager, that’s probably why she didn’t say anything. I’m sure she just figured you were doing it again.

Mac,

I don’t know your situation, but it seems like you really wanted her to say something.  Does she not know about your other side and this could have been your chance to tell her?  I dont know that anyone has ever commented on my body shaving or makeup.  I am just trying to understand why this is bothering you.

Hugs,

Georgia

Anonymous

She might have simply commented on the shorts to see if you’d expand further. It doesn’t sound like she was concerned, otherwise I think she’d probably said something.
      Sometimes people notice things but say nothing until we do because they are not quite sure what to say or how to say it.

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

Jane,
        I’m sure that must be the case at work where I am always in clear shiny nail polish, my clothing are all women’s versions(slacks, polo shirts buttoning opposite way and having shorter sleeves, cami straps sometimes evident through my shirt) and my hair getting longer and longer(down past my chin and well over the collar). My counselor has told me many times that she is certain that at least some have noticed and yet no one has asked me about it at all. I think your observation is correct-that they DO notice but are too polite to bring up anything to me. It will be interesting to see how if at all they react when I finally gather the nerve to get my ears pierced.
        Cyn

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

maybe the most suddle things are the most noticeable . I too started shaving a few months ago and only one of my daughters have notice .my excuse to her is its summer and the feels cooler .first thing that came to mind. She giggle and that’s as far as it went now I don’t mind I don’t care it does feel good.maybe it just easier to explain and change in grooming or clothing than it is just to come up and tell someone. I’m not sure but for me it’s easier. Either way I’m happy and not afraid to change. 🌹

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?