• This topic has 12 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

This morning my wife requested I make a batch of my “World Renowned” oat bran muffins. They are from a recipe I found and adapted several years ago. At our age oat bran is reportedly good for keeping arteries clean and clear. I have a very specific routine, one might call ritual, for their preparation. As I worked on them today, I thought of all the time I’ve spent in the kitchen preparing food while dressed like June Cleaver or Donna Reed or some more modern, less specific, model of femininity. Virtually always my outfit-for-the-day included some variation of high heeled footwear; so that my angle for chopping vegetables, mincing herbs, or trimming meat would remain consistent. While I love food preparation, like most people, my attention span for complicated recipes can falter without an alternate pattern for maintaining patience. In the years where I was alone at home for much of the day, I could get dolled up mid morning and clean house, do laundry, and tackle my latest creation in the kitchen. Without the endorphin kick of dressing, I’d more likely pick a simple preparation. With it, I was good for the long haul of the more complicated dishes of the World’s Greatest Chefs. A fellow gourmet friend always reminded me that, “You only have to change one ingredient or step in preparation to make the recipe your own.”

So, here’s the thing! As I reminisce, I wonder how many of you all enjoy food preparation and/or other traditionally feminine endeavors while dressed. My questions are designed to elicit responses that display an appreciation for femininity that envelops the equal-but-different components of all those on the gender continuum. And . . . whether we acknowledge it or not, we are all on that continuum somewhere.

Since I starting dressing about a year ago I have taken over most of the meal prep, shopping, housework and recently laundry. My SO loves it and so do I.  I enjoy what were once considered woman’s work and I find it makes me feel more feminine and gives me a reason to wear a frilly apron.  I know this sounds very old fashion and probably makes some feminists cringe, but I am part of the older generation and it makes me happy.  Thanks for the post.

PS: I have become a pretty good cook

As a widower, I have no real choice other than to cook. I don’t do anything vastly complicated but since I am always dressed at home, yes I cook en femme. I am most likely to be found in leggings and a top, tee, blouse or something. Always bra & forms when in the house.

Anonymous

Since my wife is disabled, I do all of the shopping cooking and laundry. Don’t wear anything special, though, since it is just part of my daily routine…….ladies’ jeans and flats or skirt and sneakers, mostly. The truth is, I do need to add an apron (frilly preferred) to my wardrobe, but somehow never occurred to me until you mentioned it. Another reason to go shopping, hooray! But where?

Anonymous

When I am alone at home and dressed, I cook. I also love being dressed doing housework and laundry. When doing these chores I dress as feminine as I can,  skirt, blouse, garter be,t, stockings, bra and matching panties. My make up is done, and I will be wearing a necklace and bracelets. I love to pretend I am a 1950’s housewife, content doing my household duties. I have also gone grocery shopping dressed this way, which is very exciting.

Hugs

Kathy

Leonara
        Ambassador

Hi Kathy,
        I love to do light housework while dressed
        Laundry, vacuuming, and some cooking
        Panties, silky bra, pullover blouse skirt or skinny pants (depending on the mood) with girly flats..your description of a 50’s house wife is perfect.. my mom comes to mind too… thanks for sharing Leonara

K Swim
      Lady

I live alone, so when I cook, I might be dressed. I know that doing so while wearing a one piece swimsuit is kind of a weird sight even for us here, but I feel good wearing one, so I don’t care.

Cooking and being dressed are two of my favorite things. Just be careful and not do a Mrs Doubtfire and set the girls ablaze.

Love

Danielle

Anonymous

When cooking I normally have on a jean skirt, peasant top and flats. Always a pair of panties and bra too, sometimes thigh highs.

Hi Falecia , yes i enjoy the general household duties just in jeans or jeggings, a loose top,  wig ,light makeup, perfume and jewels, casual. Pyxx.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Its a kind of “double whammy” for me. I do a couple of casseroles about every month or so. Whne cooked they are portioned up into “meals for two” and frozen.

My beloved cant stand the “mess”????? I make in our kitchen, so she always absents herself for the duration of my cooking time.

This usually results in me becoming “basic Caty”. ie skirt blouse stockings heels wig, lingerie and breast forms. But no make up.

I get my “jollies” by looking down at “my breasts” and feeling my arms brush against them as I attack the vegies for the dish I’m cooking with a knife.

Happy dressing and cooking

Caty

Anonymous

Hello Falecia

So this morning I got up, got dressed in a black mini skirt, gray sweater, black 4″ heels, pantyhose, and light make up.  Went into the kitchen and emptied the dishwasher from last night, then prepared me a breakfast of bacon and eggs, which I ate while participating on a conference call for my work. After eating, I cleaned up the dishes, made the bed, picked up a little,  Now I’m relaxing on the couch enjoying my attire.   Not my every weekend routine because I’m not always in a  position where I can do this, but I definitely take advantage of it every chance I get.

Chelly

Anonymous

Oh to be that girl…. unfortunately I can burn water 😔

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?