Tagged: 

Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Help, my SOGGF has decided that she now wants me to get a tight steel boned corset. Said after an argument. She said if I wanted her to wear one then so do I.  Nuff said.

Have no idea what type would be best to get and wear without damaging my 38DDD forms. I’m lost.

I’ve never had a corset before so I went looking on line discovering many sources & prices and Styles.

but don’t know what style to get under Bust vs overbust (aka over breast forms); what type front loop&hook vs zipper front; nostrapes strapped

Anonymous

My ex-wife makes corsets so from her I do know that your ideal corset will be one made to fit you, especially if you want an overbust one.  Your waist is most likely naturally lower than the typical female, and you may be tall, so a corset ideal for a female may be ill fitting on you resulting in it either dropping down during wear, or crushing the lower rib-cage.  In the end it depends on how much you are willing to spend, but if you intend to wear it a lot, and be tight laced, then fit is important.  Bespoke corset makers may not be as expensive as you think.

I have tried a few corsets (to hide my middle-aged spread – note to self, diet & exercise!) but have found problems as above.  An underbust corset will be fine to avoid most problems with fit, but you may get the top of it poking you in the chest.  The one problem with front hooks and loops is they can show up as tiny lumps if you are wearing something tight over the top.  However if you get one that is well made and pretty then wear it on top!

Anonymous

Orchard Corset is very helpful and their prices are reasonable.

helloo I never used but I like to try on..

Anonymous

I wore one once as part of a burlesque style outfit when I took my wife for a birthday getaway to a Crazy Bear hotel.

I telephoned the hotel first to ask if it would be OK for me to be dressed up, and they were fantastic!

When we came downstairs for dinner, a 7 course Thai banquet, the manager and at least 3 hotel attendants all admired my outfit and asked if I preferred to be called madam, mistress or sir.

My outfit consisted of a purple bra, panty and 6 strap suspender belt with fishnets, a purple corset, a purple satin ruffled blouse, an incredible purply-green over-knee swishy skirt, purple Mary Jane’s, a purple feather boas, black opera gloves, an ornate lace-style necklace, and ear rings to match, a long, wavy red wig and gorgeous makeup done by my wife – and a shiny clutch bag on a chain. Yes, it was purple. I also had an amazing coat with corset ties in the back. Yup. Purple.

Pity I didn’t take a guitar so I could crank out some Hendrix. One particular song springs to mind…

Corset does :0)

It was a kind of push up corset, which gave a good waist, but I didn’t really like the look of the bust. I think underbust or full cup would better for my shape – and that’s what it depends on. How you want to look.

Love Laura

Hi Tammie, I watched a YouTube video uploaded by Lucy’s Coresetry. Good info. Here’s the link…    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w-ToAtgsLqo&list=PLC6B380E5D1D41A14&index=14

Speaking of shape wear, have you found any good (ie. not lumpy & realistic) padded panties? I found a pair at Glamour Boutique (PP 514) that looks good (but don’t they all in ads… lol). Thanks for any suggestions😊  Beverly B.

Anonymous

Hi Beverly. Do not buy the padded girdle from Glamour. I bought one and promptly returned it. It makes you look like a man with padding. Women’s waists are above the belly button by about 2 imches. If you look at pictures of women in panties, that is abundantly clear. Padding has to start just below a woman’s waistline. The padded girdle from Glamour puts the padding below a man’s waistline and looks terrible. Do not waste your money.

Melissa Davis
          Baroness

Beverly B and Melissa P: I have a one-piece butt-hip pad from Glamour Boutique that was on sale and somewhat satisfactory; it works with some full skirts. I’ve had better luck with separates, one for the hips, one for the butt. Yes, an extra layer, but this works for me. I’ve had good luck with Amazon.

Melissa

Anonymous

I’ve never worn a corset although i would love to wear one, I’ve got a few basques in different colours which i wear now and again,, i would love to have a few corsets in different colours, i think it would be nice to have more of a womanly shape with a corset,

I have worn corsets on and off for many years to give me a feminine figure but I must warn you do not go straight on to one.Wear a waist trainer or clincher for some time before you commit yourself to a corset.Then get yourself properly measured up as its important to get one the right size because you can damage yourself internally.I know this from bitter experience I wore a tight one and my boyfriend did up the cords at the back and pulled them tight,believe me when I say I felt uncomfortable and hard to breathe but when I looked in the mirror I was pleased with my shape so I put a figure hugging dress on and the result was amazing. my boyfriend then went out.I was sitting at my dressing table applying my makeup when I started to lose my breath and couldnt breathe.I knew the corset was giving me trouble so quickly took my dress off and reach around me to undo the cord,but I couldn`t undo the knot.I started to panic and get dizzy so there was only one thing to do and that was to cut it off which I did just before I blacked out.Yes I am a crossdresser and now used to wearing corsets and really enjoy it

Melissa Davis
          Baroness

I second Stacey’s advice to proceed carefully when considering a corset. By corset I mean steel-boned. Rigid corsets can be dangerous, as sellers often warn. For example, you may be told never to bend over when wearing a corset. I’d recommend starting with plastic-boned waist cinchers. Search Amazon for a selection. They are not terribly expensive, so you can experiment with brand, size and strength. So far, I am happy with waist cinchers that reach to the bottom of the bra. I achieve a drop of several inches from bust to waist. The diaphragm and waist are restrained without rigidity. I can wear them for hours at a time, a reminder to maintain good posture but not uncomfortable. Corsets, which I haven’t worn, should be fitted properly, and whether you can do that with one from, say, Glamour Boutique I don’t know.

Melissa Davis

Kay Smith
      Lady

I have a bridal corset love it

I would love to get one of those waist cinchers to get that narrow waist look and help make my hips look larger.  Can anyone recommend a particular store and brand to get that, when worn, would not be noticeable underneath a dress or tight top?

Look at Amazon for YIANNA waist trainer. Work down from your actual size to the size you want to go, exercise and diet properly (i.e.: don’t damage your body)

Marianne
      Ambassador

I have three off the shelf steel boned tight lacing corsets.  One black underbust 26 inches wide and one black and one white overbust,  both 28 inches wide. With  natural 34 inches waist I can comfortably fully close the black overbust but not the other two. However all are a bit tight at the top, making the skin in my back push up over the edge.

I have recently contacted a corset maker and may order a custom made one after my measurements.

Marianne

My first corset I actually took my sewing machine to it to make it fit (and work) better.  I now have a few corsets and waist cinches that I wear (on and off) on a regular basis to give me more of that hourglass look we all like. 🙂

I don,t now but I would like to own a few of them.

Anonymous

Tammie have you legally changed your name to enfemme?

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

I love the look my corset gives much more than the waist cinchers but need to get better at tightening it up and wearing it more often.

Scarlett398
      Princess

I wear a corset only once a week when I’m getting my total girl on as Scarlett and doing a photo shoot once a week here at my home!

XOXO Scarlett

Corsets have always been a lot of fun for me, but particularly when I’m on my fitness program and staying slim.  Why would that matter?  Because no matter how you cinch it in, it’s got to go somewhere.  When I’m slender, most of me gets pushed up and down – the appearance of more natural breasts & the appearance of broader hips.  I have about a half dozen corsets, but my favorite is a simple, black, under-breast model with standard metal fasteners in front and ribbon ties in back.  I wear this one a lot in both feminine and androgynous looks.  It looks great with opaque black panty hose and stilletos and equally spectacular with hip-hugger, low-rise jeans and a form-fitting top.  The shape of the clips does show through on tighter tops, but I find the look appealing.  If others notice, I’m sure they are curious.  When you cinch it up, the ties become quite long, so you have to figure out what to do with the.  I sometime let them dangle beneath the top in the back, but more frequently, I crisscross them and bring them around to the front and let them show just a little.  Regardless, I pull the cords/ribbons as tight as I can and it really makes a different in my appearance.  The feeling has been exhilarating and not restrictive.

With a good quality corset, I doubt that you could hurt yourself.  They are designed to distribute the pressure.  Additionally, I have a couple corsets that are designed to be worn as outer garments but I don’t generally wear them out of the house unless the weather is cold enough to warrant a jacket.  At those times I try to leave the jacket partly open so there is room for a peak.  Women generally notice – most men do not.  Some of the younger women with more eclectic tastes will comment with, “I like your look” or “Nice outfit.”  Bottom line, if your present well, you’d be surprise how many others might appreciate or enjoy.  Go for it!

FAM

I like this post-

My fav corset is a simple latex one that pulls me in a bit-but there’s more of a reason why I like it. I cut the shoulders out of  small leatards and one piece swimsuits and wear them underneath but over some super slim fitting leggings The latex helps leotard not to move. It also helps the corset from moving up. I trim the bottom of the leotard a bit so that it rides in between butt pads secured in the leggings. This helps my homemade butt pads to be natural as the are able to jiggle a bit which looks real natural and sexy. I can then wear looser  jeans to allow more jiggle.

I liquid stictch a lot. From turning flare jeans to straight leg to hourglassing a dark colored long sleeve T. Add some homemade hip pads worn low and sports bra underneath, I think this gives a more feminine look than any other.

I have ordered several from Orchard Corset and they are very helpful as well. Even if you email them your measurements and what you are trying to get out of it, they will size you up. I would highly suggest a underbust, for one it will push your cleavage up and your bra can than hold your natural and your forms. Secondly it will look more natural if you decide to not wear forms and just the bra, no gap at all

Mona
      Duchess

I’ve tried various types of shapeware (e.g., Spanx and the like), but to me a steel-boned corset is the only effective method for getting that hourglass shape that all girls strive for.

Absolutely! I wear over bust for the complete look

Anonymous

when I dress up I always wear a corsette or waist cincher. Best invention for that hourglass figure

Jasmine
      Lady

I currently have three corsets and I love every chance that I get to wear them. One of them I specifically bought on the recommendation of an ex-girlfriend it was made where I could wear it over top of a blouse because I saw a woman wearing one that way and I was like that is an awesome look I just love everything but of course it

Anonymous

I have a black overbust corset that zips up the side.  It is easy to put on and comfortable to wear.

Kerry

Obsessed by Victoria’s Secret Corset tops. Closet full of them.

Hello Tammie
      I am a Corset fanatic do what girlfriend wants, she sounds fun the feeling you get is fabulous absolutely everything held in.
      Sarah xx

oh definitely give it a try its great.

Craven Moore
      Baroness - Annual

Oh my! What fun you’re missing. They make me look and feel more feminine. They’re a great addition for photo ops. And best of all, they give a lover something besides my all too narrow hips to hold onto when thrusting from behind!

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?