Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Claudia C
      Ambassador

Cosplay mirrors crossdressing but does crossdressing mirror cosplay?
      Sure cosplay is a fantasy role playing venture, but to what extent is crossdressing a role or fantasy? Perhaps the lines are blurry…

I do not pretend to be a cosplay avatar. I am a crossdresser. No fantasy. Only illusion is to be a women that I am not born into.

If I am a cosplay avatar, then I should be free to walk in public as such…

Claudia

Patty Phose
      Duchess

My first time out fully dressed was for a Halloween Party at college when I was 18. I guess that could be cosplay. I went out dressed and partied a lot in college. I wasn’t trying to be a different gender. I was having fun. I was playing.

I love to dress up and go out to socialize with others. It’s always fun to me. I look forward to it. The way I dress does conceal my make identity. I’ve encountered  a couple of people I know while out dressed as Patty. They didn’t recognize me. Was it because I was wearing a costume? I don’t know.

For me crossdressing is when I try to dress as feminine as possible, cosplay on the other hand is when I break out the French Maid or other Sissy dress and act silly all day.

Anonymous

Very deep dichotomy you have presented. My thoughts are cosplay can be subgroup of cross dressing  and that cross dressing can be a subgroup of cosplay. I think coherently then the two are separate from each other touching each other like connected rings.

❤️

P

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Like others I agree cosplay and cross dressing are very much different but their paths run so close so when fantasy and reality Peak they may   touch one another making it feel like one. Dressing well for me is for the clothes yes but to feel, act  and present myself to being that woman I feel I want to be . Cosplay well fun when roll playing and such for those more intimate times or  special occasions arise such as Halloween and parties where fantasy can run wild. Enjoyment all around. 🌹

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?