Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      JackieBoy
      Baroness

For those of you that have gone to counseling what was the most important thing you learned? I fully accept my Cross Dressing and enjoy the sense of freedom and happiness it brings me and was wondering if there were any other benefits from receiving Counseling

Seren
      Baroness

Hey Jackie, interesting question. I started mine in April just after I’d come out to my wife as a CD, to help me understand what my dressing meant and maybe help her come to terms with it. The more I explored tho, the more I realised that there was a lot more going on. I was sure there was an inextricable link between my lifelong closet CDing, my struggles with depression and anxiety, and maybe the reason why I never felt like I fitted in anywhere… I’m still talking to my ‘zoom’ therapist every week. I wish I’d done it sooner.

take care girls

Seren xx

Anonymous

I just found it made things clearer to think through and if your in group then the acceptance of the group made me feel good too. I too fully accept myself for what I am Jackie actually I wouldn’t trade this for the world. I used to think I was cursed but once I accepted myself it opened up a whole new side of things for me. I’ve said before that I can see the world from the stand point of a woman and a man which I think makes me a more open and rounded person.

Hey everyone

We have been in counseling for over 30 years. But until 15 years ago did we accept both the male and female parts of us. Never be afraid of telling your counselor about your crossdressing. If they can’t accept that part of you. Leave and never go back. Remember you are you. Don’t let anyone try and change. Be open about David and Danielle is greatest things we have ever done

Hugs

D&D

I highly recommend going to therapy. Granted, every therapist is different and every experience is different, but I found it helped me understand myself and my behavior better.

Talking about crossdressing was a key reason for going in the first place, but once I started digging into my life history with a professional (especially around childhood, when most of us first experience crossdressing), I discovered unexpected connections and revelations that helped put dressing in a greater context in my own life. In general, it helped me understand myself better as a whole and was not just focused specifically on dressing. Hope that makes some sense!

Same here… i have been in therapy for about 6 weeks or so, starting a few weeks after my wife found out… progress takes time, but my anger issues are already significantly better and I hope to find out if there is more than just CDing…

Hi, like some others I found counselling really helped especially the one I found . He helped me explore deep back into my life, childhood such thoughts, wants etc . It unravelled my reasons of unhappiness and stress which were the result of me suppressing and fighting what I have now become and now embrace so warmly … my feminine alter ego that I now do love and continue to be. I have much to be grateful to the sessions as now my true self and feelings are the real me … the woman inside me is my future and happiness

Hi Jackie You learn to accept who you are so that you can stop denying that part of you that only wants out. There is nothing wrong with that part of you. She does not deserve to be treated with societies tools of shame and guilt. She needs to be nurtured and allowed to feel loved . Once you begin to love that part of you . You can begin process of being whole. Then it is up to you how you want to openly express it. It maybe full time all the time or you maybe you just have to compromise to keep others who you love, feeling secure and happy. Life is about compromise always begin with the highest expectations. Luv Stephanie

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?