Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Good evening ladies, went and got my second Covid Vaccine shot, so I guess I’m protected now from the virus. For how long I have no idea.

Kathleen

I’ll be getting my second Wednesday. I’m wondering how effective it’ll be on some of these new strains. Hope I don’t really find out.

Bridgette

Anonymous

Good for you girls, I’m  down the list a way yet after the frontline people and the immunocompromised etc.etc. but I will be rocking up for a jab when my turn comes.  Diana.

Going in for my 2nd dose of the Pfizer tomorrow, 3/2/2021. Hopefully, it will keep me alive and out of the hospital and a member of CDH for a long time to come!

Leonara
      Ambassador

Me too, But we still have to be careful

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Glad to hear that ladies. Here in Ontario a schedule was announced and it looks that it will be sometime in June when I will start to get my shots. Wish it was sooner, but that seems to be the situation right now.

Amy

Anonymous

Hi Kath,

I had my first jab a couple of weeks ago, with no side effects, except for a bit of a ‘feel good’ factor. Fingers crossed that we’re getting on top of covid.

Marti x

I have  an appointment for my first shot on this Friday.  I’m very happy about that.

Here in the UK, they think it’s OK to leave it 12 weeks between doses even though no test in the world nor the scientists said that was acceptable so my second shot will be due end of May.

Looks like I’ll be venturing out in June.  Suits me as that’s when my birthday is! 🙂

Really hope this is the turning of a corner and the beginning of the end.

Bring on a ‘normal’ 2022 when I can do my usual summer holidays in Washington State with family and go camping in Oregon over July 4th.

love Rachel

Anonymous

Hi Kath…

Where i live, apart from most shops are shut, you would never think we are still supposed to be in lockdown. Essential journeys only….and the roads are packed with traffic!!…

National parks and beauty spots have had to shut their car parks….we had a lovely sunny weekend, and once again the morons flock!!!

superstore car parks are packed as people come out to get essentials..like plants, d.i.y. and yard brooms?!….its almost like its all over, despite only a very small percentage of the population have actually had two jabs….im not taking anything for granted until we have ALL had both…

Fingers crossed….grace xx

IsabelB
      Lady

Not yet, you’re not, Kathleen, full response to the vaccination doesn’t kick in for 7-10 days.  True for both shots and the second basically increases the effectiveness of that response.

As for the uk delaying the second vaccination, time will tell as to what the outcome of that is.  Personally, I think they’re playing with fire.  There is evidence of a significant immune response after a single dose, albeit nowhere near as good as after both.  My biggest concern is whether resistant strains will develop as a consequence.  Partial challenge is how resistant strains are developed deliberately…  As I said, time will tell – hopefully my concerns will turn out to be no more than that.

Isabel x

Anonymous

Hi Isobel,

I very much agree. This isn’t the end yet, so we shouldn’t expect or demand that our lives immediately return to ‘normal’. This is a world wide problem, not just a ‘first world’ issue, solved by national immunity. As long as there are other ‘hot spot’ countries – like Brazil say – where the virus is rampaging, then new mutations *will* happen, and will likely spread internationally. And there’s no telling how that’ll upset the effectiveness of current vaccines.

Marti x

Katey Doe
      Lady

Good for you Kathleen.

Stay safe and healthy.

Hugs Katey

I am getting my 2nd dose this afternoon and I am aware that it will be up to 2 weeks before full effectiveness is achieved. Like the ‘flu jab, I am under no illusions that this one will protect me fully, I know I could still catch it, less severely hopefully, and will continue to take the necessary precautions.

Prudence
      Ambassador

When 50 % of the medical professionals are refusing the vaccine. It gives me pause. I’ll probably pass on it

Anonymous

Gosh…..thats an eye opener Pru !!

IsabelB
        Lady

While it is of course anyone’s right to refuse the vaccine, personally, it is beyond me why anyone would.  The risk of significant consequences of infection (including long-COVID) is massively higher than any risks associated with the vaccine.  Yes, all vaccines, drugs etc carry risk – so does all the food and drink we consume – it’s mostly about relative risk.

Some claim these vaccines have been ‘rushed’.  No, they have been expedited.  They have still gone through the required testing by the relevant regulatory bodies, but the timelines have been shortened, mostly by throwing lots of money and people at it.  In fact, these vaccines have been more thoroughly tested than many of the ‘old’ vaccines in common use simply because the regulations and controls are more demanding now.

Stephanie’s point is a very important one too – this is not just about self-protection, it’s also about protecting others by limiting transmission.  Also, more circulating virus will result in more mutation some of which may be more transmissable or result in more significant consequences.

By all means, choose as you see fit, but really question yourself as to why.

Personally, when it’s offered to me, my arm will be there!

Isabel x

Dawn Wyvern
        Managing Ambassador

Hi Pru,

Please do not believe these statistics, as the real numbers are totally the opposite – the vast majority of medical personnel who can have the vaccine are taking it up – there are lots of ‘Conspiracy Theories’ out there that just feed misinformation to muddy the waters.

The senior medical leaders of all the countries of the world, WHO and all the other international research and health management agencies have backed the use of the vaccines.  The latest accredited research that I have seen has shown the vaccines to have very few issues and is affective in saving lives.

It is a personal choice, but please look at the evidence based research rather than other less professional forms of information.

Hugs

Dawn xx

Nancy
      Lady

I am scheduled to get my second shot on the 12th. And honestly, even after getting that first shot, I felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. Like, maybe I can really get a life back after this seemingly hopeless pandemic…

Birel

Leonara
      Ambassador

Celeste, I had my second vaccine dose last Monday
      I was very fortunate. The only side effects for both doses was a sore arm..the old saying “it only hurts when I touch it… so don’t touch it” 🙄
      Good luck and stay safe 😷

Anonymous

I got my second shot last Thursday and the  only reaction  I had was  a sore arm.

Kathleen

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Covid-19 Vaccine’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?