Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Birel Galanodel
      Lady
      Registered On: May 3, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 87

I am scheduled to get my second shot on the 12th. And honestly, even after getting that first shot, I felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. Like, maybe I can really get a life back after this seemingly hopeless pandemic…

Birel

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Prudence
      Ambassador
      Registered On: January 7, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 112

When 50 % of the medical professionals are refusing the vaccine. It gives me pause. I’ll probably pass on it

Dawn Wyvern
        Managing Ambassador
        Registered On: February 23, 2019
        Topics: 6
        Replies: 289

Hi Pru,

Please do not believe these statistics, as the real numbers are totally the opposite – the vast majority of medical personnel who can have the vaccine are taking it up – there are lots of ‘Conspiracy Theories’ out there that just feed misinformation to muddy the waters.

The senior medical leaders of all the countries of the world, WHO and all the other international research and health management agencies have backed the use of the vaccines.  The latest accredited research that I have seen has shown the vaccines to have very few issues and is affective in saving lives.

It is a personal choice, but please look at the evidence based research rather than other less professional forms of information.

Hugs

Dawn xx

4 users thanked author for this post.
        IsabelB
        Duchess
        Registered On: March 18, 2019
        Topics: 3
        Replies: 297

While it is of course anyone’s right to refuse the vaccine, personally, it is beyond me why anyone would.  The risk of significant consequences of infection (including long-COVID) is massively higher than any risks associated with the vaccine.  Yes, all vaccines, drugs etc carry risk – so does all the food and drink we consume – it’s mostly about relative risk.

Some claim these vaccines have been ‘rushed’.  No, they have been expedited.  They have still gone through the required testing by the relevant regulatory bodies, but the timelines have been shortened, mostly by throwing lots of money and people at it.  In fact, these vaccines have been more thoroughly tested than many of the ‘old’ vaccines in common use simply because the regulations and controls are more demanding now.

Stephanie’s point is a very important one too – this is not just about self-protection, it’s also about protecting others by limiting transmission.  Also, more circulating virus will result in more mutation some of which may be more transmissable or result in more significant consequences.

By all means, choose as you see fit, but really question yourself as to why.

Personally, when it’s offered to me, my arm will be there!

Isabel x

stephanie plumb
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: November 17, 2018
        Topics: 146
        Replies: 1951

In the UK its about 20% and falling. Those refusing are mostly for cultural/religious reasons.   Please remember that if not for yourself you should get vaccinated to protect other people. The data shows that it greatly reduces transmission rates.

Some holiday companies are already insisting on proof of vaccination before taking bookings. Its only a matter of time before pubs, restaurants, supermarkets etc. do the same whether its Govt. policy or not. No vaccine – no international travel.  Companies have a duty of care to their employees.  Probably happen in the US too.

Health care worker? No vaccine – no job.  It’s coming…..

Grace Scarlett
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: February 16, 2021
        Topics: 51
        Replies: 1093

Gosh…..thats an eye opener Pru !!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      michaela jane
      Lady
      Registered On: December 9, 2016
      Topics: 22
      Replies: 291

I am getting my 2nd dose this afternoon and I am aware that it will be up to 2 weeks before full effectiveness is achieved. Like the ‘flu jab, I am under no illusions that this one will protect me fully, I know I could still catch it, less severely hopefully, and will continue to take the necessary precautions.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Katey Doe
      Lady
      Registered On: February 3, 2021
      Topics: 35
      Replies: 637

Good for you Kathleen.

Stay safe and healthy.

Hugs Katey

IsabelB
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 18, 2019
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 297

Not yet, you’re not, Kathleen, full response to the vaccination doesn’t kick in for 7-10 days.  True for both shots and the second basically increases the effectiveness of that response.

As for the uk delaying the second vaccination, time will tell as to what the outcome of that is.  Personally, I think they’re playing with fire.  There is evidence of a significant immune response after a single dose, albeit nowhere near as good as after both.  My biggest concern is whether resistant strains will develop as a consequence.  Partial challenge is how resistant strains are developed deliberately…  As I said, time will tell – hopefully my concerns will turn out to be no more than that.

Isabel x

5 users thanked author for this post.
        Marti
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: February 5, 2019
        Topics: 16
        Replies: 222

Hi Isobel,

I very much agree. This isn’t the end yet, so we shouldn’t expect or demand that our lives immediately return to ‘normal’. This is a world wide problem, not just a ‘first world’ issue, solved by national immunity. As long as there are other ‘hot spot’ countries – like Brazil say – where the virus is rampaging, then new mutations *will* happen, and will likely spread internationally. And there’s no telling how that’ll upset the effectiveness of current vaccines.

Marti x

LisaT
      Lady
      Registered On: January 31, 2021
      Topics: 41
      Replies: 471

I should be getting my first soon. I had a call from the docs for a short notice appointment but couldn’t do it. They said no problem they will reschedule soon. Getting out isn’t a problem for me as I live in the wilds and there is no one around when I walk. Things will only truly change when the shops and cafes open fully and it’s worth the drive to a major city to shop. I so looking forward to that!

Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 16, 2021
      Topics: 51
      Replies: 1093

Hi Kath…

Where i live, apart from most shops are shut, you would never think we are still supposed to be in lockdown. Essential journeys only….and the roads are packed with traffic!!…

National parks and beauty spots have had to shut their car parks….we had a lovely sunny weekend, and once again the morons flock!!!

superstore car parks are packed as people come out to get essentials..like plants, d.i.y. and yard brooms?!….its almost like its all over, despite only a very small percentage of the population have actually had two jabs….im not taking anything for granted until we have ALL had both…

Fingers crossed….grace xx

Rachel Hayes
      Lady
      Registered On: January 20, 2021
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 128

I have  an appointment for my first shot on this Friday.  I’m very happy about that.

Here in the UK, they think it’s OK to leave it 12 weeks between doses even though no test in the world nor the scientists said that was acceptable so my second shot will be due end of May.

Looks like I’ll be venturing out in June.  Suits me as that’s when my birthday is! 🙂

Really hope this is the turning of a corner and the beginning of the end.

Bring on a ‘normal’ 2022 when I can do my usual summer holidays in Washington State with family and go camping in Oregon over July 4th.

love Rachel

Marti
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 5, 2019
      Replies: 222

Hi Kath,

I had my first jab a couple of weeks ago, with no side effects, except for a bit of a ‘feel good’ factor. Fingers crossed that we’re getting on top of covid.

Marti x

Amy Myers
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 11, 2019
      Replies: 1283

Glad to hear that ladies. Here in Ontario a schedule was announced and it looks that it will be sometime in June when I will start to get my shots. Wish it was sooner, but that seems to be the situation right now.

Amy

Leonara
      Ambassador
      Registered On: October 13, 2015
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 407

Me too, But we still have to be careful

Camryn Occasionnel
      Duchess
      Registered On: December 10, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 446

Going in for my 2nd dose of the Pfizer tomorrow, 3/2/2021. Hopefully, it will keep me alive and out of the hospital and a member of CDH for a long time to come!

Diana Morgan
      Lady
      Registered On: February 22, 2021
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 573

Good for you girls, I’m  down the list a way yet after the frontline people and the immunocompromised etc.etc. but I will be rocking up for a jab when my turn comes.  Diana.

Bridgette VonSmirff
      Lady
      Registered On: October 18, 2020
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 774

I’ll be getting my second Wednesday. I’m wondering how effective it’ll be on some of these new strains. Hope I don’t really find out.

Bridgette

Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 36
      Replies: 908

Good going but you may want to verify that protection. I believe that I recently read something about it will still be a short while before it fully kicks in.  I’ll be finding some of that out soon as I finally got an appointment for my first next Sat.

Love to hear how you’re feeling now and for the next couple of days as I’ve heard of some mild reactions especially to the second dose.

Kathleen 60454
        Lady
        Registered On: January 8, 2020
        Topics: 44
        Replies: 412

I got my second shot last Thursday and the  only reaction  I had was  a sore arm.

Kathleen

Leonara
        Ambassador
        Registered On: October 13, 2015
        Topics: 4
        Replies: 407

Celeste, I had my second vaccine dose last Monday
        I was very fortunate. The only side effects for both doses was a sore arm..the old saying “it only hurts when I touch it… so don’t touch it” 🙄
        Good luck and stay safe 😷

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Covid-19 Vaccine’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account