- January 15, 2021 at 1:14 pm #433571MartiParticipantRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 138Has thanked: 559 timesBeen thanked: 555 times
I’m just dying to get back to normal. We need to kick this covid into touch, which won’t be easy and there will be much more important considerations, but ….
The last show I went to was Beth Hart playing Cardiff. February 2020. Almost a b****y year ago!
She didn’t disappoint. Check her out on you tube. She does a good job on “I’d rather go blind”
So, how about you? What was your last chance to see live music?
- February 2, 2021 at 6:09 am #441765Nancy GammsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: March 1, 2017Topics: 11Replies: 195Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 437 times
Goose Drive in concert in Oct 2020 in western NC
Phish Dec 2019 in Charleston
Bauhaus tickets got cancelled as well as a few phish shows i had tickets too were put off to 2021 but i doubt some of those will happen either
- February 2, 2021 at 4:28 am #441712Birel GalanodelLadyRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 57Has thanked: 162 timesBeen thanked: 271 times
My most recent was Postmodern Jukebox, a couple years ago. I loved that show, and want to see them again next time they come close to Iowa.
Before that, well, it was Prince, if that gives you any indication how long ago it was.
My favorite show ever was Elton John, over 20 years ago. It was just EJ and a piano on stage, but soooo many great songs.
This could be a whole different discussion, but I also have a list in my mind of the concerts that were on my bucket list when I was younger, but now it’s too late for them to ever happen. For me, that includes Queen and Tom Petty.
- February 1, 2021 at 2:57 pm #441501
- February 1, 2021 at 12:46 pm #441459AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 227Has thanked: 298 timesBeen thanked: 919 times
I agree I can’t wait until things are back to normal.
I am more of a movie person or just wandering through book stores but many years ago Sting was touring Canada and this fellow I was dating at the time got a couple of tickets.
Sting was touring with a small backup group and he put on an amazing show.
- January 22, 2021 at 11:15 am #436842Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 22Replies: 720Has thanked: 2768 timesBeen thanked: 2770 times
Panic!At The Disco-Glasgow Hydro 2019. Brendan Urie-Crazy=Genius.
Last year missed My Chemical Romance at Milton Keynes, Hella Mega Tour in Glasgow (Greenday, Fall Out Boy, Weezer), and 5 Seconds Of Summer (my teen daughters birthday gift from me to her🤣) also in Glasgow.
All rescheduled fo this year… but it’s not looking good😭
Miss live music soooo much!!!
2 users thanked author for this post.
- February 1, 2021 at 12:26 pm #441444AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9458 times
- January 22, 2021 at 9:12 am #436791Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 468Has thanked: 752 timesBeen thanked: 1689 times
My last show which was a bucket list night for me was the Rolling Stones. They played an open air show in Gravenhurst Ontario which is about an hour plus north of Toronto on the Canada day weekend 2019, 80 000 plus people, what a party. I was about 20″ from the stage, paid big bucks but it was worth every penny, the Stones were phenomenal.
- January 22, 2021 at 8:24 am #436779AoifeLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2018Topics: 65Replies: 321Has thanked: 823 timesBeen thanked: 1147 times
Alex Cameron at the famous Exit/In November 2019. With a child we don’t go to as many shows as we would like and you would be surprised how many artists skip the “Music City”! It was really great though – even better than I was expecting. Really miss it.
- January 17, 2021 at 10:25 am #434487Amber ScottDuchessRegistered On: June 30, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 82Has thanked: 71 timesBeen thanked: 293 times
- January 16, 2021 at 1:07 am #433761Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 496Has thanked: 401 timesBeen thanked: 2233 times
Last show I saw was Joe Bonamassa in the summer of 2019. I had tix for a few shows after that but missed them because of a knee injury. Then COVID hit. I’m really looking forward to hearing some live music this year.
- January 15, 2021 at 2:09 pm #433587MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 138Has thanked: 559 timesBeen thanked: 555 times
Brilliant, serenditpity is good ! You were in the cheap seats, you never expected it, but there she was! A nice tale to tell.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Marti.
- January 15, 2021 at 1:46 pm #433584Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 376Has thanked: 275 timesBeen thanked: 1510 times
Oh my, it felt like yesterday !
My wife is a Lady Gaga fan, so we went to vegas in 2019 to see her in concert. It was very good, we could only afford the nosebleed section, but when she started the show, she was dangling by some wires almost right above our seats !
I had a really good time; the only downer was there were some older folks there that didn’t like people standing up, waving our hands, and singing to the music, and kept asking those to sit back down. They wound up asking an usher to ask folks to sit down for the rest of the concert.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.