- Drinking during the past year
- Drinking during the past month
- Binge drinking the past month
- Heavy drinking the past month
- May 5, 2021 at 9:54 pm #488409Jennifer SwansonParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 53Replies: 196Has thanked: 4333 timesBeen thanked: 1354 times
I’m curious about cd alcohol use compared to the public in general. Please honestly answer the questions. From the National institute on Alcohil Abuse and Alcoholism.
70 % of people reported drinking in the past year
55% of people reported in the past month
25% of people reported binge drinking in the past month
6% reported heavy drinking in the past month
how do crossdressers stack up?
- May 11, 2021 at 5:07 pm #490990Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 40Replies: 1029Has thanked: 304 timesBeen thanked: 3461 times
I used to enjoy a drink or two in the evening most every evening but once legalized I switched to marijuana as it’s much better for me.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 11, 2021 at 4:57 pm #490985MelanieElizabethLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 136Has thanked: 301 timesBeen thanked: 779 times
I’ve gotta say as a unit cds probably use alcohol and other drugs more than the norm. Many of us have spent years hiding inner feelings from loved ones not to mention from ourselves. Unfortunately alcohol is often used to cope with these issues. Drug use seldom leads to positive outcomes but personally speaking without a little liquid courage I wouldn’t have come out to my wife or join cdh twice( when I sobered up I got cold feet and deleted my profile) Thankfully the confession to the wife couldn’t be taken back, even though the next day I wish I could have deleted it. Acceptance even in a limited way beats the alternative.
- May 10, 2021 at 8:44 am #490380
- May 8, 2021 at 6:04 am #489580Regi KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 1053Has thanked: 11175 timesBeen thanked: 4622 times
I chose other,
I have had a few beer in the past year, but they are few and far between. I have a fully stocked bar, and always a case of Canadian in the cooler, but other than in the summer, when ,well you know, I seldom have the urge.
I did drink fairly heavily when I was younger, and I do love my Bailey’s, so maybe I answered wrong? I do consume a bottle of it, every few months, and I suppose that is drinking, technically,(I drink maybe 3 or 4 2 oz shots over ice, when I imbibe)
- May 8, 2021 at 5:49 am #489570Liz CraigLadyRegistered On: December 29, 2020Topics: 24Replies: 60Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 552 times
One or two that is it,had two stents put in at age 40 and doctor said a couple drinks is good.It is Busch beer or Jim Beam and Coke for me.I was a heavy drinker at one time learning my lesson once.Stopped and arrested for drinking and driving at age 21 two weeks after my 21st birthday.Was not cheap going through this agreeing to plea guilty on a DWI charge.Judge looked at me and said he better not see me in his court room ever again paying a fine.I listened to him and knew he was serious
- May 7, 2021 at 8:23 pm #489424K SwimLadyRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 645Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 1263 times
Even during the tough times we are in now, I do not consume alcohol at all. Witnessing so many of the negative impacts it had on my dad when I was a kid (mostly his abuse toward my mom) has me opposed to it completely.
Secondly, I always feared that if I was to even be responsible and only drink a tiny amount that I would end up telling people about this secret lifestyle that I don’t want to know.
- May 7, 2021 at 7:48 pm #489417Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 88Replies: 855Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 2974 times
I started collecting, cellaring and consuming fine Australian reds and white wine 50 years ago and have no intention of ceasing this most pleasant practice. (It gets even better when I have been out dining as Caty and taking along one of my favorite Oz Chardonnays…Yes, we have laws here that allow you to BYO your own wine to a restaurant.)
But back in male mode… I’d average 1-2 glasses of wine a night and now and again when the meal and circumstances align, eg lamb shanks, out will come an aged Oz Cabernet or Shiraz and I’m very likely to consume at least half of it. Western Australia’s Margaret River and South Australia’s Coonawarra are right up there as my favorite growing regions
After that half bottle or so I recite my “wino’s mantra”. “Why do I purchase wine like this and carefully cellar it for up to ten years”.
“Because they taste like this”
I enjoy a beer and I’m happy that there has been good progress with zero alcohol content beers. So I drink a mix of these, plus low alcohol and full strength as and when the mood strikes me.
Spirits have never held an appeal and it should be obvious I can get myself into enough strife with what you have read above!!.
- May 7, 2021 at 1:39 pm #489276Terri JohnsonLadyRegistered On: April 28, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 26Has thanked: 101 timesBeen thanked: 96 times
I fall into the “moderate to light” category — maybe 2 glasses of wine a week and a Scotch maybe once or twice a quarter. I like to sip and socialize – including just being with my SO. But, I do not like to feel out of control, so one drink a night is usually all I have – thus, I am almost always the designated driver.
- May 7, 2021 at 8:06 am #489170Caroline OBrienLadyRegistered On: April 18, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 100Has thanked: 372 timesBeen thanked: 494 times
- May 6, 2021 at 10:47 pm #489054Rachel WilliamsLadyRegistered On: November 3, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 119Has thanked: 267 timesBeen thanked: 373 times
Put other as it is rare for me to drink alcohol. May have a couple of glasses of wine if we have family round for a meal which might be 4 or 5 times a year and I will have a couple of pints of lager shandy when I go to a social morning with other retired railway workers 5 or 6 times a year. Of course none of this has been happening over the past year.
- May 6, 2021 at 10:14 pm #489045
- May 6, 2021 at 9:45 pm #489032Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 957Has thanked: 1361 timesBeen thanked: 3309 times
- May 6, 2021 at 9:17 pm #488973Vivian CinnamonDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 54 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
i drink daily always have and my my age i am what i am , ,,enjoy high end tequila have a home bar so like to make a drink ,,or 5 ….but run 4 miles a day to keep my dress size in check ,lol being honest im a flask in purse kinda girl !!!!
- May 6, 2021 at 8:08 pm #488930Kelly TerryLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 21Replies: 253Has thanked: 231 timesBeen thanked: 1038 times
- May 6, 2021 at 8:03 pm #488926Pumped ForheelsLadyRegistered On: November 22, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 83Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 292 times
A couple years ago I went in to a hearth health clinic through my local hospital. They run you through a hundred questions abut eating, drinking, exercise, and then run some tests, EKG and MRI of the upper chest to look at the heart and arteries, then a ultrasound of the arteries in the neck and legs. My cholesterol runs high and I am unable to take any statins as I get a bad reaction from them. Strangely my arteries checked out very well for a guy my age, the doctors were mildly surprised!
Anyway, one of the questions they asked was on alcohol consumption. When I told them two shoots of Crown 3-4 times a week they didn’t even blink and moved on to the next question. I actually backed them up and asked about it and they told me I was fine, don’t worry about it. They asked me how much soda pop I drink and I told them a can of coke once a week and they about had a fit! My A1C runs slightly high, just into the pre-diabetic.
I thought it was funny, alcohol was ok, but that one can of Coke was going to kill me!
- May 6, 2021 at 7:37 pm #488916
- May 6, 2021 at 5:08 pm #488851DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3943 times
- May 6, 2021 at 12:45 pm #488737Amber ScottDuchessRegistered On: June 30, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 98Has thanked: 91 timesBeen thanked: 365 times
Been drinking for over 4 decades. But working in a hospital, the past year has been hell. I slowly crawled into the bottle to deal with it. First of the year decided to try and pull myself out. Had to quit my job after 32 yrs in April to allow myself some room to get better. I still go out twice a week to see the gang and have 2-3 beers but that’s it. It’s so nice having a clear head again. But that said there is one ‘side effect’. After a couple of beers I become very introspective and question myself (Amber). When sober Amber is in full swing. Love myself, no questions asked. The pink fog takes over.
Be safe. Love and Peace.
- May 6, 2021 at 12:37 pm #488725
- May 6, 2021 at 12:06 pm #488711Jamie KaneBaronessRegistered On: November 9, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 59Has thanked: 207 timesBeen thanked: 209 times
Hummm… I not sure how to respond Jen. I’m pretty sure at Crossroads I had more than my fair share. But I never once felt I was over the top. I did have a tad more than usual at the Gala but I was having too much fun to care. I find during covid at home this past year that I’ve had more to drink out of boredom. Hugs Jamie.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Jamie Kane.
- May 6, 2021 at 10:48 am #488658Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 8Replies: 484Has thanked: 302 timesBeen thanked: 1981 times
I can’t say I haven’t had any alcohol, but what I have is next to nothing.
I usually have a small glass of wine once or twice a week as part of religious ceremonies. My heaviest drinking is on Passover, when I have 3 such cups (maybe 3 oz. maximum) on the first two days (you are supposed to have 4; for the 3rd and 4th I make one filling last for the both). During non-pandemic years, I may take an occasional shot of a chocolate liqueur (like a half ounce) if we are having a toast at our synagogue.
But I have also gone to parties where wine was available and I wouldn’t even have a sip. My brother and I used to go on cruises, and he would get wine with dinner and offer me some from his bottle, and I would refuse. One time he had a little left in the bottle on the last night of the cruise so I did take one cup of wine with dinner, but when the waiter tried to refill the glass, I refused.
People talk about using alcohol to relax or open up. The one or two times in my life I had slightly too much to drink (feeling just a bit tipsy), I would withdraw until my body digested enough of the alcohol that I could function. As one who likes to feel in control of my own senses, it isn’t a feeling I enjoy.
I agree with others who said that the answers need to be quantified. I have certainly had alcohol over the past year, but with less than a serving per week, I can hardly call it alcohol abuse. I’m choosing not to vote.
- May 6, 2021 at 10:17 am #488634Pumped ForheelsLadyRegistered On: November 22, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 83Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 292 times
In the summer I like a cold beer after working up a sweat, otherwise I barely drink it. A 24 case will last me all summer unless someone stops by and helps me with it.
Crown Royal is my favorite. I will have a couple shots 2-3 nights a week. Sometimes I might go a week or two without, then the next week darned near every night. my wife gives me a little crap about it, says I drink too much. So I stopped for a month and started up again. She asked my why I started up again, “I like it!”
I rarely drink more than four shots in one sitting and that is rare. I have my two and I am good. I don’t know how some can drink it all and still function the next day.
- May 6, 2021 at 9:55 am #488625
- May 6, 2021 at 8:09 am #488589Kelli MarloweLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 70Has thanked: 817 timesBeen thanked: 402 times
- May 6, 2021 at 7:48 am #488577Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 21Replies: 2217Has thanked: 4563 timesBeen thanked: 8151 times
- May 6, 2021 at 6:58 am #488543
- May 6, 2021 at 6:53 am #488539stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 157Replies: 2114Has thanked: 3378 timesBeen thanked: 9973 times
This poll really needs quantities. What is binge drinking? How much is heavy drinking?
True story: An acquaintance of mine went to the doctor, reason unknown. Anyway the doc asked him how much he drank. “Ten pints of Guinness,” he said. “Is that a week or month?” asked the doc.
“No, ten pints a day!” he replied.
- May 6, 2021 at 2:52 pm #488807AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 810 timesBeen thanked: 1066 times
Agreed 👍 what consitutes binge drinking? As the units thing isnt much help. Can remember when i did like a drink i could do my weeks units in one night back in the 80s? 14 units a week i believe is the amount for the week so when you consider that a pint is 2units you can see why its confusing as i used to be able to be way over that on a Saturday and sunday. Thankfully yoga and running 🏃♂️ are my favourite pastimes oh and dont forget being a woman so its all good stuff really
- May 6, 2021 at 6:46 am #488535stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 157Replies: 2114Has thanked: 3378 timesBeen thanked: 9973 times
- May 6, 2021 at 6:57 pm #488895DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3943 times
- May 7, 2021 at 7:47 am #489161stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 157Replies: 2114Has thanked: 3378 timesBeen thanked: 9973 times
- May 7, 2021 at 1:47 pm #489279
- May 6, 2021 at 8:42 pm #488943AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 810 timesBeen thanked: 1066 times
- May 6, 2021 at 5:01 pm #488850AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 810 timesBeen thanked: 1066 times
I really dont anymore as made the mistake of going to work back in 80s with lipstick, eyeliner and mascara on! Got some funny looks but luckily it was the days of new romantics, culture club so got away with it. Yoga and running and being a woman are the only fun i have these days x
- May 6, 2021 at 6:50 am #488537AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 810 timesBeen thanked: 1066 times
- May 6, 2021 at 12:30 pm #488718AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 810 timesBeen thanked: 1066 times
Not so much thesedays but in my teens i was very very passable and boys would chase me wanna kiss me and have a real relationship with me. Even had one when o was 16 that declared undying love for me and didnt care i wasnt a bio girl in fact he would say krissy you kiss 😘 better than anyother girl ive known. Aww i think fondly of those times and how i nearly married him and lived with him as a couple for a year or so,he was cute as he looked a little like that guy who died the other day, the levis advert nick karmen is it.i almost fell in love with him ❤
- May 6, 2021 at 11:43 am #488694AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 810 timesBeen thanked: 1066 times
So thesedays instead i do running and yoga as need to get my dress size down to minimium size 16uk but ideally size 12 xx
- May 6, 2021 at 5:26 am #488508Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 863Has thanked: 5594 timesBeen thanked: 3455 times
Hi Jennifer Alcohol and other drugs were very much apart of my CDing during my teens. Gay night clubs and bars were the only places I knew that I could dress and have fun. Wow!! I am truly amazed i made it out of my late teens and the life style I was living at the time. Drugs and alcohol continued to be a part of my CDing into my late twenties. I stopped drinking not CDing during my thirties. Luckily i found and became a member of a private club for girls like us. No alcohol allowed it was a great time. Occasionally a few of the girls would come to the club to get dressed and go out to a gay night club on drag nights I did go out with them several times but I only drank bubbly water. I guess you could say alcohol and cross dressing have always been a part of my life. Fortunately I never had a problem with alcohol aside from occasional slight hangovers. I know for some of the girls alcohol was their poison and regretted their actions the next day. Now a glass of wine with dinner and a mixed drink on weekends suits me just fine. Thank you for the memories.
- May 6, 2021 at 12:09 pm #488714AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 810 timesBeen thanked: 1066 times
I used to love a drink on a Friday night and go home and tart myself up and sometimes pull a man or id go home take speed or cocaine and then dress up and have fun all night obviously these days i dont do this as my only fun is dressing yoga and exercise 🙃
- May 6, 2021 at 12:03 pm #488709AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 810 timesBeen thanked: 1066 times
- May 6, 2021 at 12:17 pm #488715Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 863Has thanked: 5594 timesBeen thanked: 3455 times
Hi Krissy I was a horrible tease. Let me correct that a very high horrible tease
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 6, 2021 at 12:33 pm #488719AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 810 timesBeen thanked: 1066 times
- May 6, 2021 at 4:26 am #488485Debbie LynnLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 68Has thanked: 422 timesBeen thanked: 269 times
- May 6, 2021 at 11:48 am #488697MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 333Has thanked: 1212 timesBeen thanked: 1305 times
- May 6, 2021 at 12:05 pm #488710Debbie LynnLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 68Has thanked: 422 timesBeen thanked: 269 times
- May 11, 2021 at 5:21 pm #490997Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 40Replies: 1029Has thanked: 304 timesBeen thanked: 3461 times
Weird thing with me is neither edibles or tincture (my preferred use) give me the munchies but vaping often does. No idea why.
- May 11, 2021 at 6:34 pm #491033Debbie LynnLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 68Has thanked: 422 timesBeen thanked: 269 times
Hi Celeste! Interesting reaction indeed. I don’t get munchies often and usually I’m to stoned to care! 😂 I just love being all dressed up and letting the girl in me out to play with a head full of sillies! Hugs!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 6, 2021 at 4:20 am #488483Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 206Has thanked: 374 timesBeen thanked: 877 times
I have that darn German heritage too. And being from Wisconsin. Taverns are everywhere and that is where most people socialize. I tend to drink my fair share. Not everyday but a Malibu and diet sure tastes good some nights.
- May 6, 2021 at 3:50 am #488472Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 531Has thanked: 1082 timesBeen thanked: 2436 times
I quit drinking almost completely 5 or 6 years ago. Might still have a couple of beers to celebrate my collage teams bowl game. once a year, which might happen a lot more since this last year they spent a lot of the season ranked in the to[p 10 for the first time ever. GO CYCLONES!!
- May 6, 2021 at 3:13 am #488458
- May 6, 2021 at 2:01 am #488444Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 52Replies: 1260Has thanked: 5712 timesBeen thanked: 6453 times
I am cursed by a German heritage that causes a love of beer 🍺, a Canadian side that causes a love of rye whiskey 🥃, and my girliness that loves a glass of wine 🍷.
Not a binge drinker however, slow and steady…. wins the race? 😁
- May 6, 2021 at 1:36 am #488440
- May 6, 2021 at 12:59 am #488438Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 85Replies: 1822Has thanked: 6507 timesBeen thanked: 10201 times
Well I love a drink…in moderation.
Definitely not more than one, usually none, when grace is out and about…..she needs a clear head to operate…….staying alert is very important.
Crossdressing and alcohol don’t mix……in my opinion.
- May 5, 2021 at 11:46 pm #488422Stephanie AstonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: May 31, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 35Has thanked: 157 timesBeen thanked: 151 times
I have maybe one small beer or glass of wine a week at the most, I have never really liked alcohol or the effect it has!
I even drove to my own Stag party* so my Best Man could drink lol.
* Batchelor party (US) or Bucks night (AUS) 😀
- May 5, 2021 at 11:06 pm #488415Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 333Has thanked: 1212 timesBeen thanked: 1305 times
The curse of surveys strikes again – I’d have preferred an ‘all of the above’ response.
People might like to see a definition of ‘binge’ and ‘heavy’ drinking, and unfortunately definitions differ – the following may be controversial (Famous last words?)
Binge – drinking anything between 4 and 8 drinks in any one session
Heavy – depends who you listen to :
– four or more episodes of binge drinking in a month, or
– around 15 drinks a week for a mans physiology, 8 for a woman’s
Everything in moderation as they say, whatever the drug. Unfortunately no one can agree on what ‘moderation’ means. If you take so little that it has no effect, is that moderation?
- May 11, 2021 at 5:24 pm #490999
- May 5, 2021 at 10:36 pm #488413Vanessa ?LadyRegistered On: September 26, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 49Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 279 times
I’ve had a few beers (one at a time, or on rare occasions I’ll have two in a row) in the past month, which is pretty typical for me. Used to have a beer every other night or so but since the end of 2019 or so I’ve been drinking a lot less.
Haven’t had anything to drink while dressed up anytime recently, though.
- May 6, 2021 at 12:24 pm #488716AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 810 timesBeen thanked: 1066 times
Nor me yoga and jogging are my idea of fun not had a drink in over 15years or so 🤔
- May 5, 2021 at 10:03 pm #488411T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 375Has thanked: 4240 timesBeen thanked: 1589 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.