Tagged: 

Viewing 33 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’m curious about cd alcohol use compared to the public in general.  Please honestly answer the questions. From the National institute on Alcohil  Abuse and Alcoholism.

70 % of people reported drinking in the past year

55% of people reported in the past month

25% of people reported binge drinking in the past month

6% reported heavy drinking in the past month

how do crossdressers stack up?

Anonymous

No alcohol for me, my esoghogus won’t take it. Haven’ t had alcohol for over 4 decades.
      Dr. T.J.

Vanessa ?
      Lady

I’ve had a few beers (one at a time, or on rare occasions I’ll have two in a row) in the past month, which is pretty typical for me.  Used to have a beer every other night or so but since the end of 2019 or so I’ve been drinking a lot less.

Haven’t had anything to drink while dressed up anytime recently, though.

Anonymous

Nor me yoga and jogging are my idea of fun not had a drink in over 15years or so 🤔

Anonymous

Hi Jennifer,

The curse of surveys strikes again – I’d have preferred an ‘all of the above’ response.

People might like to see a definition of ‘binge’ and ‘heavy’ drinking, and unfortunately definitions differ – the following may be controversial (Famous last words?)

Binge – drinking anything between 4 and 8 drinks in any one session
      Heavy – depends who you listen to :

– four or more episodes of binge drinking in a month, or
      – around 15 drinks a week for a mans physiology, 8 for a woman’s

Everything in moderation as they say, whatever the drug. Unfortunately no one can agree on what ‘moderation’ means. If you take so little that it has no effect, is that moderation?

Marti xxx

I have maybe one small beer or glass of wine a week at the most, I have never really liked alcohol or the effect it has!

I even drove to my own Stag party* so my Best Man could drink lol.

* Batchelor party (US) or Bucks night (AUS) 😀

Stephanie

Anonymous

Hi.

Well I love a drink…in moderation.

Definitely not more than one, usually none, when grace is out and about…..she needs a clear head to operate…….staying alert is very important.

Crossdressing and alcohol don’t mix……in my opinion.

Grace x

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I am cursed by a German heritage that causes a love of beer 🍺, a Canadian side that causes a love of rye whiskey 🥃, and my girliness that loves a glass of wine 🍷.

Not a binge drinker however, slow and steady…. wins the race?  😁

Stevie

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I have a habit of not drinking alcohol.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I quit drinking almost completely 5 or 6 years ago. Might still have a couple of beers to celebrate my collage teams bowl game. once a year, which might happen a lot more since this last year they spent a lot of the season ranked in the to[p 10 for the first time ever. GO CYCLONES!!
      .. Sandy

I have that darn German heritage too. And being from Wisconsin. Taverns are everywhere and that is where most people socialize. I tend to drink my fair share. Not everyday but a Malibu and diet sure tastes good some nights.

Hi! Nopes to alcohol. Ruins a girls figure! I’d rather a touch of edible 420 once in a while just for giggles! Silly me!

Anonymous

“touch of edible 420 once in a while”

– no munchies, then ? 😉

Marti xxx

Hi Jennifer Alcohol and other drugs were very much apart of my CDing during my teens.  Gay night clubs and bars were the only places I knew that I could dress and have fun. Wow!! I am truly amazed i made it out of my late teens and the life style I was living at the time. Drugs and alcohol  continued to be a part of my CDing into my late twenties. I stopped drinking not CDing during my thirties. Luckily i found and became a member of a private club for girls like us. No alcohol allowed it was a great time. Occasionally a few of the girls would come to the club to get dressed and go out to a gay night club on drag nights  I did go out with them several times but I only drank bubbly water. I guess you could say alcohol and cross dressing have always been a part of my life. Fortunately I never had a problem with alcohol aside from occasional slight hangovers. I know for some of the girls alcohol was their poison  and regretted their actions the next day. Now a glass of wine with dinner and a mixed drink on weekends suits me just fine. Thank you for the memories.

Luv Stephanie

Anonymous

Thanks for that it reminds me of so much of my teenage years as had very similar experiences ❤ love krissy x

Hi Krissy  I was a horrible tease. Let me correct that a very high horrible tease

Anonymous

I was a awful tease id go out on a Friday night with very little money get bought drinks all night and come home with more money than when i went out and drunk as a duchess xx

Anonymous

I used to love a drink on a Friday night and go home and tart myself up and sometimes pull a man or id go home take speed or cocaine and then dress up and have fun all night obviously these days i dont do this as my only fun is dressing yoga and exercise 🙃

I don’t drink. coffee or water maybe

Anonymous

Non-drinker here; during my working years, I would use “uppers” occasionally, and I would grab a cold brew at the NCO club after duty…but that is all far in the past.

Bettylou

Used to be a nightly drinker, beer only.4-5 years ago my gut decided it no longer liked such behavior, and I’ve never had an interest in wine or hard liquor, so now, it’s just the occasional brew

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Been a friend of Dr Bob & Bill W since April 16, 1991.

Pumped
      Lady

In the summer I like a cold beer after working up a sweat, otherwise I barely drink it. A 24 case will last me all summer unless someone stops by and helps me with it.

Crown Royal is my favorite. I will have a couple shots 2-3 nights a week. Sometimes I might go a week or two without, then the next week darned near every night. my wife gives me a little crap about it, says I drink too much. So I stopped for a month and started up again. She asked my why I started up again, “I like it!”

I rarely drink more than four shots in one sitting and that is rare. I have my two and I am good. I don’t know how some can drink it all and still function the next day.

I can’t say I haven’t had any alcohol, but what I have is next to nothing.

I usually have a small glass of wine once or twice a week as part of religious ceremonies.  My heaviest drinking is on Passover, when I have 3 such cups (maybe 3 oz. maximum) on the first two days (you are supposed to have 4; for the 3rd and 4th I make one filling last for the both).  During non-pandemic years, I may take an occasional shot of a chocolate liqueur (like a half ounce) if we are having a toast at our synagogue.

But I have also gone to parties where wine was available and I wouldn’t even have a sip.  My brother and I used to go on cruises, and he would get wine with dinner and offer me some from his bottle, and I would refuse.  One time he had a little left in the bottle on  the last night of the cruise so I did take one cup of wine with dinner, but when the waiter tried to refill the glass, I refused.

People talk about using alcohol to relax or open up.  The one or two times in my life I had slightly too much to drink (feeling just a bit tipsy), I would withdraw until my body digested enough of the alcohol that I could function.  As one who likes to feel in control of my own senses, it isn’t a feeling I enjoy.

I agree with others who said that the answers need to be quantified.  I have certainly had alcohol over the past year, but with less than a serving per week, I can hardly call it alcohol abuse.  I’m choosing not to vote.

Anonymous

Hummm… I not sure how to respond Jen. I’m pretty sure at Crossroads I had more than my fair share. But I never once felt I was over the top. I did have a tad more than usual at the Gala but I was having too much fun to care. I find during covid at home this past year that I’ve had more to drink out of boredom. Hugs Jamie.

Anonymous

Thanks great topic yet again! Love you all at cdh xx

Been drinking for over 4 decades. But working in a hospital, the past year has been hell. I slowly crawled into the bottle to deal with it. First of the year decided to try and pull myself out. Had to quit my job after 32 yrs in April to allow myself some room to get better. I still go out twice a week to see the gang and have 2-3 beers but that’s it. It’s so nice having a clear head again. But that said there is one ‘side effect’. After a couple of beers I become very introspective and question myself (Amber). When sober Amber is in full swing. Love myself, no questions asked. The pink fog takes over.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Anonymous

On weekends when off work will have couple drinks may it be at home or going out with friends.  Never over indulge.

Prudence
      Ambassador

Hi Jennifer, I did a shot back in November of last year. Not much on drinking.  Hugs Pru

Pumped
      Lady

A couple years ago I went in to a hearth health clinic through my local hospital. They run you through a hundred questions abut eating, drinking, exercise, and then run some tests, EKG and MRI of the upper chest to look at the heart and arteries, then a ultrasound of the arteries in the neck and legs. My cholesterol runs high and I am unable to take any statins as I get a bad reaction from them. Strangely my arteries checked out very well for a guy my age, the doctors were mildly surprised!

Anyway, one of the questions they asked was on alcohol consumption. When I told them two shoots of Crown 3-4 times a week they didn’t even blink and moved on to the next question. I actually backed them up and asked about it and they told me I was fine, don’t worry about it. They asked me how much soda pop I drink and I told them a can of coke once a week and they about had a fit! My A1C runs slightly high, just into the pre-diabetic.

I thought it was funny, alcohol was ok, but that one can of Coke was going to kill me!

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

Never found the need for artificial substances like alcohol so never started and with that no need to quit.

/kt

Ohh, Jennifer Sweetheart!

Wine, wine and more wine please! If not wine then Gin and Tonic or even better, Conjac!
      Wine is as important as a baguette, cheese, salt, pepper, chillies and chorizo!

Hic… Polly

I have to admit I’m a whiskey girl. However I find Margaritas quite delicious. 🍹 🤤

Anonymous
      Lady

Put other as it is rare for me to drink alcohol. May have a couple of glasses of wine if we have family round for a meal which might be 4 or 5 times a year and I will have a couple of pints of lager shandy when I go to a social morning with other retired railway workers 5 or 6 times a year. Of course none of this has been happening over the past year.
      Rachel

Anonymous

Interesting topic. I have been loaded drunk and dressed many times. Thankfully I quit drinking just about 20 years ago.

-Caroline

I fall into the “moderate to light” category — maybe 2 glasses of wine a week and a Scotch maybe once or twice a quarter. I like to sip and socialize – including just being with my SO. But, I do not like to feel out of control, so one drink a night is usually all I have – thus, I am almost always the designated driver.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I started collecting, cellaring and consuming fine Australian reds and white wine 50 years ago and have no intention of ceasing this most pleasant practice. (It gets even better when I have been out dining as Caty and taking along one of my favorite Oz Chardonnays…Yes, we have laws here that allow you to BYO your own wine to a restaurant.)

But back in male mode… I’d average 1-2 glasses of wine a night and now and again when the meal and circumstances align, eg lamb shanks, out will come an aged Oz Cabernet or Shiraz and I’m very likely to consume at least half of it. Western Australia’s Margaret River and South Australia’s Coonawarra are right up there as my favorite growing regions

After that half bottle or so I recite my “wino’s mantra”. “Why do I purchase wine like this and carefully cellar it for up to ten years”.

“Because they taste like this”

I enjoy a beer and I’m happy that there has been good progress with zero alcohol content beers. So I drink a mix of these, plus low alcohol and full strength as and when the mood strikes me.

Spirits have never held an appeal and it should be obvious I can get myself into enough strife with what you have  read above!!.

Cheers

Caty

K Swim
      Lady

Even during the tough times we are in now, I do not consume alcohol at all. Witnessing so many of the negative impacts it had on my dad when I was a kid (mostly his abuse toward my mom) has me opposed to it completely.

Secondly, I always feared that if I was to even be responsible and only drink a tiny amount that I would end up telling people about this secret lifestyle that I don’t want to know.

I chose other,
      I have had a few beer in the past year, but they are few and far between. I have a fully stocked bar, and always a case of Canadian in the cooler, but other than in the summer, when ,well you know, I seldom have the urge.
      I did drink fairly heavily when I was younger, and I do love my Bailey’s, so maybe I answered wrong? I do consume a bottle of it, every few months, and I suppose that is drinking, technically,(I drink maybe 3 or 4 2 oz shots over ice, when I imbibe)
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

I’ve gotta say as a unit cds probably use alcohol and other drugs more than the norm. Many of us have spent years hiding inner feelings from loved ones not to mention from ourselves. Unfortunately alcohol is often used to cope with these issues. Drug use seldom leads to positive outcomes but personally speaking without a little liquid courage I wouldn’t have come out to my wife or join cdh twice( when I sobered up I got cold feet and deleted my profile) Thankfully the confession to the wife couldn’t be taken back, even though the next day I wish I could have deleted it.  Acceptance even in a limited way beats the alternative.

Anonymous

Not so much drink but when i was a teenager i used to take speed to keep my dress size at 10 uk plus it would make ones bits shrivel up too, id never eat and keep my dress size at 10 or 12 xx

Anonymous

I really dont anymore as made the mistake of going to work back in 80s with lipstick, eyeliner and mascara on! Got some funny looks but luckily it was the days of new romantics, culture club so got away with it. Yoga and running and being a woman are the only fun i have these days x

Anonymous

sometimes doing silly things are fun in privacy of own home. 😁

Anonymous

So thesedays instead i do running and yoga as need to get my dress size down to minimium size 16uk but ideally size 12 xx

Anonymous

Not so much thesedays but in my teens i was very very passable and boys would chase me wanna kiss me and have a real relationship with me. Even had one when o was 16 that declared undying love for me and didnt care i wasnt a bio girl in fact he would say krissy you kiss 😘 better than anyother girl ive known. Aww i think fondly of those times and how i nearly married him and lived with him as a couple for a year or so,he was cute as he looked a little like that guy who died the other day, the levis advert nick karmen is it.i almost fell in love with him ❤

Anonymous

Agreed 👍 what consitutes binge drinking? As the units thing isnt much help. Can remember when i did like a drink i could do my weeks units in one night back in the 80s? 14 units a week i believe is the amount for the week so when you consider that a pint is 2units you can see why its confusing as i used to be able to be way over that on a Saturday and sunday. Thankfully yoga and running 🏃‍♂️ are my favourite pastimes oh and dont forget being a woman so its all good stuff really

Anonymous

Certainly are, letting loose and being a tease in my own front room is something i always look forward to, a little bit of play is always fun 😀

Anonymous

Been in  a few street races out on a road out of town does that count.

Hi Celeste! Interesting reaction indeed. I don’t get munchies often and usually I’m to stoned to care! 😂 I just love being all dressed up and letting the girl in me out to play with a head full of sillies! Hugs!

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?