Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Ladies,

Lately I’ve wondered if cross dressing runs in families.  I haven’t shared my cross dressing with my brother and sister so I’m not sure if my brother is a crossdresser.

Has anyone seen any study or have family that crossdresses?

Alice

Aoife
      Lady

One of my favourite topics! As far as I know I’ve got nothing, but I always had hopes/suspicions about my dad. Especially when I first realised how strongly I felt about cross dressing I wondered about him. I think some of his attitudes about gender and how it played out for him and me and my brother are very nuanced in a way that comes from his own repression. A part of me hopes so so there is one positive connection. As i grow older I see our similarities more and more and pity him for having even more against him that turned him into a deformed monster rather than just a troubled soul like myself.

Hi Aoife,

Thanks for sharing your family experience.
        Alice

Amy Myers
      Baroness

This is an interesting topic, and one I’ve wondered about as well.

I’ve never read anything about this, and as this is usually such a private thing for us to do, it would be very difficult to get meaningful data.

All I can say, is that I have never heard of anyone in my family dressing.

Amy

Hi Amy,

Your points are very true as CD’ing is a very private matter.

I’ve read that it can be, but that may be hearsay rather than from a study or interviews with family members.
        Alice

K Swim
      Lady

I don’t know. Until I find out for sure, I have to say no.

Stephanie
      Baroness

So this has been something I’ve been thinking about too. Our therapist told us on our first visit that there are in fact studies suggesting that cross dressing can be hereditary. She is yet to provide links to any data but it certainly has me analysing my husbands side of the family and uhh yeah there’s been some “Ohhhh, that would make sense” moments for sure.

Hi Stephanie,

Appreciate you sharing the insight of a professional therapist.

Alice

My father and his brother were both crossdressers, they may have passed jeans on to me. But if that is true I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

My father. Yes. I only learned it after I was well along in my own crossdressing. He knew about me from my early teens by discovering my stash. I suspect he felt it was all his “fault.” We never once discussed it. Too late now. Maybe one day when we meet again.😢🙏

Anonymous

If you ask exclusively about crossdressing as in wearing clothes intended for the opposite gender and hereditary as in genetic, that would be as much as saying that being a fan of any sports team could be in your genes. (Not very likely, to put it lightly).
      Can I prove it is not? No, I cannot. Same as it can’t be proved it is. But think about it. Clothes… they are not a part of our genetic code. Similar case would be our languages. If both my parents were, say, from Haiti, but I was left for adoption and adopted by a Japanese couple… would I start at some point having a desire to start speaking French, with a Haitian accent?

Of course, if you add transgender elements to the mix, sure, a definite maybe. Because now you can make the case that crossdressing can be just an expression of not being in agreement with the gender assigned at birth.

Gaby

Stephanie
        Baroness

Hi Gaby,

I also agree that the clothes themselves can’t possibly be written into our genetics but when it comes to the intrinsic and irrefutable need to wear certain items of clothing to feel whole and where the denial of such things can manifest emotionally into anxiety and depression then yeah maybe, plausible.

It’s an interesting concept in the very least.

Steph x

I read an article once that was written by a 20 something crossdresser who stated both his father and uncle were also CDers.

I have no clue if anyone one in my family currently dresses or if anyone has done so in the past.  However, I’m not about to go to a family reunion anytime soon and ask and the older generation has all past on now.  It would be nice to know that I’m not the only one though.  Just like here on CDH it is great knowing there are people with similar experiences to my own growing up crossdressing and continuing to explore there inner selves.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Ah, hereditary possibilities.  I am not a genetic scientist, (nor do I play one on TV)  but I have done a fairly full genealogic tree of my family back about 10 or more generations on both sides (mother and father), three of my grandparents, and 6 of my great-grandparents, and farther back.  My father died when I was young in an accident, and about the time I came out to my mother, (other than my spouse, the only other one I’ve told) just before she passed away, she shared with me that my father’s best friend was probably gay, and another close friend was probably also gay. This was in the 1950’s when you just didn’t talk about it but it does suggest my father was very accepting.  My father’s grandfather was one of 8 children who’s parents emigrated from Europe to the USA prior to the Civil War.  Of the 8, 5 boys and 3 girls, only 1 boy and I girl got married and had children.  The other six (well 5 because one drowned in the Mississippi River when he was 20), never married. They were all Catholic and none entered the church.  They just didn’t get married. Not that this is conclusive or anything, but it gives me strong suspicions that there it’s more to genetics than people want to imagine. (and if it’s proven and shoots Blanchard down, I’ll dance for joy). But of course the next problem is, if it is proven and can be tested before birth, will it then be used to terminate a pregnancy. Going on, My father’s grandmother was adopted in the 1890’s so it’s been difficult to determine her family history…but, I’m now very suspicious that her father remained single until he was in his 40’s and married a young woman with an infant child and they had no children.  All sorts of possibilities there.  And finally, my great-grandfather mentioned above married a woman who had one brother…who never married. Hmmm. They had 3 children, a young woman who died in her 20’s, another female (a great aunt I vaguely remember) who never married, and my grandfather who obviously did. All the above could easily be explained in different ways, but at the same time, I have a sister who will never marry, a male cousin who will never marry, another male cousin who has gone through two marriages and is single with no offspring. Oh, all the above lived in totally different communities, so we can toss the ‘it’s the water’ possibility.  So, there might be that suggestive possibility going on.

Many men are admirers of Crossdresser majority won’t admit it for simple fact of being shamed or called “gay” I’ve never had guilt or shame for crossdressing.my family knows few support me others don’t discuss it or embrace me for my bravery to reveal it publicly.i couldn’t hide it I share my experience and beauty with all the world to see.its more acceptable now than 10 yrs ago…🌼🌼 XOXO

Interesting food for thought.

Alice

I have 3 brothers and 1 sister. Without actually asking them (which I would never do), I can’t say 100% that my brothers are NOT MtF crossdressers. However, if one (or more) of them WAS a CD, and has somehow made his way into our CDH community, they could almost certainly identify ME if they’ve read comments and self-revelations I’ve made in the Forum posts over the months I’ve been in the CDH community.

However, I’m not worried in the least. I believe with 99.99% certainty that they are not. They are, seriously, the most macho, gun-totin’, LBGTQ-hatin’, misogynistic, hard-drinkin’, chain-smokin’, confrontation-seeking trio of siblings a brother could ever love! And I do. But they would certainly not love me if they had the tiniest clue about my hidden life.

So, what happened to me? Genetic anomaly? I wish I knew. It never ceases to amaze me that they’ve never really questioned me about how different I am than they are. So like Vicki Smythe says, it’s great to be at CDH and have a CDing family that understands and accepts without question my bizarre alternate lifestyle, closeted though it may be.

Lea
      Lady

I suspect that there are more guys in our families that would crossdress if they felt it would be accepted. For those of us who haven’t come out to our families, just think, if we have’t said anything, may be there are others like us in our own families.

As a kid, I often suspected my dad and an uncle were crossdressers.  They seem to be the only guys who would notice fashionable celebrity women on TV or in real life and openly comment that “she’s dressed well”, while other guys would gawk or make inappropriate comments.  I could never tell though if they were just good at hiding that they were actually “checking out” those women…lol.

I have a child that was born a female but in the last 4 years has come out as gender fluid.  They had no knowledge of me being a Crossdresser before they came out themselves.  Just one of the weird quirks of life.

Cynthia

Hello ladies,

I love this topic! My wife and I play a game of is he? Since my realization over my own cd’ing I can’t help but look for those things that identify me in others. If anyone is paying attention there are clues.

Let’s face it were hard to spot if we’re still very much in the closet. I believe though that if you know someone pretty well you can see it in them. I have suspected my dad for years. But why? What are the clues?

1. He jumps at the chance to help my daughter and wife shop for  dresses but not my son or I.

2. He loves jewelry wearing it and buying for the females in his life.

3. He likes girl flicks just like me.

4. Overly opinionated about the lgbtq+ community but every time someone is directly placed in his life from said community he is drawn to them.

5. Has an obsession about his finger nails shaping and polishing them.

6. Loves to decorate.

7. Points out women’s clothing. Mostly when something looks completely wrong. Most of the time he’s spot on.

So does he crossdress? I have no idea! Kinda wish he did.  Maybe we could be closer. He might be gay. His generation was taught to keep it under wraps and I’m sure he will. I believe the number of men who have thought about or who have crossdressed is much higher than we realize. As a society as we get more comfortable with crossdressing as a norm the numbers will sky rocket. Or that’s just me hoping. Lol

As for genetics being the cause I’m not sure. If it is then I’m loving the evolution and the revolution. Genetics or not I love the being femme any chance I get.

❤️💋💅💞

Sabrina

what a great topic, If we didn’t have to hide our selfs so much we would all know

Hi Paula,

You raise an excellent point.

Alice

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?