• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Emily.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Deanna Lund
      Duchess

Hey girls.

I had to run some errands today so while I was out, not en femme but practicing my walk and putting one hand daintily ontop of the other while pushing the shopping cart as gracefully as possible, I had my blood pressure checked by one if those machines. Both bp numbers were down 20 points and my pulse was below 100,it’s never in the mid 90s. I think just dreaming of CD relaxes me.

Does anyone else notice any health benefits from CD?

Luv

D

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi all,

Tho I dont have any significant health problems, being a CD, (especially in earlier days in a loveless marriage)  was very good for my health, as it was a major “stress reliever” in more ways than one.

a/. Caty helped me “escape” from the pressures above and a busy business career and b/. as a “substitute” I could always fall in love with the “lady in the full length mirror” And yes, she did have “multiple affairs with herself” for many many years. Mostly (shock horror) in the “secrecy” of her hotel room. (My job involved decades of local and international travel!!)

These days in her “declining years” Caty is just part of who I am and she “comes out” when she can in public and is “underdressed” almost 24/7.

Happy (healthy) dressing

Caty

Anonymous

I have to say that dressing is totally a healthy activity…………….

For me—

1. I control my weight, with close attention—my Dr tells me this is unusual for a man my age, but definitely a good thing to do.

2. I am much cleaner with cleansers, moisturizers, softer bath/shower soap

3. My nails are totally clean, straight, even if they are ‘man-nails’—same for toes

4. I drink much less than any other man I know—-another thing my Dr has positively complimented me on.  It’s not that I don’t like to drink, but when dressed, I’ll drink wine or cocktails with my wife, throughout the evening, or have a mixed drink when we go out to eat, but never beer, which I associate with the normal smelly loud mouthed oafs you see at every public venue…………..

5. I have a very healthy sex and emotional life, and have for a long time, and I’m on the wrong side of 60………won’t tell how close to 70………but looming………..Frankly, I don’t see our sex life has diminished one bit since 35…………still going strong………….bottom line—-enjoy the fantasy !!!

Overall health, very normal or above, any test indicates this.  I suffer hypertension a bit, but Dr says quite normal for man my age………but needs to be controlled……..that’s all.

I think some of you could argue a point with a less accepting SO, that there is a chance that your health WOULD be better to accept this side of you, both physically, sexually, emotionally, and I almost said spiritually, but decided not to go there—as MY most used line over my life—-GOD made you—YOU didn’t have one thing to do with that…………….so USE what he gave you, you are all blessed and we ALL should be thankful for those gifts, as strange as they may seem to others……………

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

The BP question is hard to prove. I don’t have a personal monitor but try to check it using the machines most pharmacies have. Recently my BP had been around 180/110 pulse 120. After my day out on 4/2 I had a chance to check it and it was about 150/90 pulse 90. I have been sleeping better too. Note, even lowered my bp is still high and I am being treated for it. Maybei need to go en femme fulltime!

Anonymous

Anything that gets you to relax your shoulders and breath and puts your mind at ease is going to be good for your health regardless of what it really is. In this case, that would be being who you really are, and presenting that to the world. Most likely your body had relaxed some internal tensions you didn’t know was there. We carry micro-tensions everywhere.

Mindfulness in general is good for your health 🙂

I’ll say this: NOT crossdressing is NOT good for my health. When in drab, I can’t wait to be dressed; when dressed, I am extremely dismayed to have to return to drab. Although I’ve never taken my BP while en femme, I do have a sense of calm, a feeling of being at peace with myself, when dressed. Having to give all that up once a day can’t possibly be good for my health.

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

Crossdressing gives me a mental health break from all the BS of being a man.  Being short, medium build, with little to no body hair, I don’t fit the ideal male image, so guys and gals may not see me as a true man.

Interesting finding. I’ve never tested my BP dressed vs drab. I’ll have to try it.

I can say definitively that I feel much more relaxed when dressed and often do it as a stress reliever when I have a particularly rough day. I especially find applying makeup to be therapeutic, and the cleansers and moisturizers in the makeup removal wipes and facial cream I use have made my skin smoother and softer.

I’ve also recently lost over 30 pounds because of my desire to look more feminine and natural in women’s clothing. I carry most of my weight in my torso, so getting a feminine figure means losing a lot of weight. I’m still strictly dieting trying to lose another 30. So, yes, dressing has definitely improved my health.

Anonymous

There’s no doubt that I’m much more at ease and enjoy a sense of peace when I’m dressed. I monitor my BP every day at home…and it seems it’s always on the low side of “ideal” when I’m dressed…

I think it’s simply because at these times, I’m truly congruent…in other words, the “me” on the inside is in-step with the “me” on the outside.

Think about it – whenever we try to act or be something we’re not – the incongruency will nearly ALWAYS manifest itself in some unpleasant way…yes?

Calming, peaceful hugs,

Shawna

K Swim
      Lady

I catch a lot of stress at work, and my excuse for still being happy is usually “I just like my job”

The hidden truth: being in the water while wearing a one piece swimsuit makes a lot of stress go away.

Emily
      Lady

I’ve found the same thing regarding blood pressure. When dressed en femme, it is consistently lower than when in male mode. Maybe I can get a prescription from my doctor! My wife would have to let me be me then!

Even more important to me is my state of mental health. My depression is nearly non-existent when I get time to be Emily. Since I’ve retired, I dress every day for at least 8-9 hours. I am facing knee replacement surgery in a few weeks, which should be causing me some anxiety and stress. My wife mentioned last night how calm I’ve been over the last few weeks. I know why, but she won’t want to hear it. Where’s that Dr prescription when you need it?

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

Here is an imaginary conversation.

Maybe just to plant the seed. Everything I wrote is true!

Me, to my wife: “My blood pressure has been up, even on my medication.”

Wife: “Maybe you should get your Dr. to increase the dosage.”

Me after a pause to think: “I’m already already on two. <another pause> and medication does have side effects.”

Another pause.

Me: But I also know that high blood pressure is a leading cause of kidney failure leading to dialysis.

Wife: “So, I guess you should do the medication.”

Me: “I read something that might sound crazy.”

Wife: “What?”

Me: “Cross dressing can lower BP.”

Wife: “That is crazy.”

Me: “yeah, I guess so.”

What do you think? Too much?

Luv

D

Yes, Stephanie, please do research this, and let us know your findings. And as to “the rush associated with slipping on that bra” causing an elevation in BP, well, maybe that’s okay. So does jogging.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?