Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Nancy
      Lady

I read that Pridefest in Des Moines, IA is being spread out to 30+ events over the month of June, across the city. I was wondering if any of you in or near Iowa were thinking of going out to pride events en femme (assuming it is appropriate for us to gather by June)?

The whole thing was canceled last year, but the year before, I attended in drab. I would think this would be a safe environment to dress in.

Birel

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I live in SoCal, so I won’t be attending the Des Moines Pridefest.  However, I agree that it would be safe to attend dressed.  In fact, I think nearly anything goes.  You could get totally glammed up and nobody would bat an eyelash.  Have fun!

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Hi Birel, I would love to spend a day with another CDH member strolling though Des Moines. If I am not back to work by June 1, I’m recovering from knee replacement surgery and hope to be back to work by summer. I’m less than an hour from Des Moines. Sounds like it would be a fun day!!
      Sandy

Have been to many pridefest and always  en femme but not in the midwest . Have never had a problem and think it is a wonderful event to enjoy. Also a good way to meet other girls like ourselves

Dressing for a Des Moines Pridefest event sounds great!  We should plan on one.  I’d do my best to get there.  Maybe even spend the night.

Hi Birel I would love to go but Iowa is a bit too far for me coming from Mass. I think it is a perfect time and place for those ladies who maybe a little concerned about being out in fem for the first time. Do not be surprised if you recognize some one you may know. Best is always to go with some one or meet up with some one that knows the area. Leave the shame and guilt behind and enjoy being a part of a huge community that only wants to be accepted.

Stephanie

First post, just joined to reply to this.
      Central Iowa for me and I have been thinking the same things as you.
      Would love to try and attend something and going with someone else would highly help to ease the nerves!
      Only trouble is evenings and weekends are out for me right now due to work. Finally getting busy again and doing those hours are what I’m assigned to.
      Let’s see if we could find something that works???

August 26, 27, and 28 is pridefest in Waterloo, iowa

Nancy
        Lady

Thank you for sharing that, Michelle. There does not seem to be much information out there regarding events or anything. Are you familiar with this pride event?

Birel

No i am not, but i looked up LGBT events in Waterloo, Iowa and that is what came up. As of today, i plan on going but that could change by then. I will only go on Saturday but it should be a lot of fun

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transgender Friendly Places and Support Groups Around the World’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?