Viewing 27 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Just watched one this Saturday with the wife and it was pretty dang good its called Just like a woman has anyone else seen this and what did you think ??..

Stephanie Bass

Watched it years ago, it was the first movie I ever watched where a CD was shown in a good light and not the brunt of the jokes.

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia yes it was done quite well really enjoyed it .. Looking for some more good ones ..

Stephanie

Eona Oh
      Lady

Kinky Boots and Tootsie.

Anonymous

Kinky Boots was a good story (and factual), but I think Tootsie was the best. It was non TV two weeks ago, and I watched it again – but this time with an appreciation of how much work goes into being a proper CD.

Bettylou

Hi Bettylou Tootsie have see that many years ago but kinky boots is one to look up thanks..

Stephanie

Anonymous

Stephanie,

Yes, that’s a good one.

Steph

Anonymous

I’m kinda old school. Always loved “Some Like it Hot.”

More recent favorite, “The New Girlfriend.”

Thanks Stephanie will look this up seen previews a while back and forgot about it  thank you..

Stephanie

Loved this movie. One of my favourites. xx

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I suppose for a long term crossdresser I’m a bit out of touch with like minded cinema. Some like Hot is fun and a bit of a classic, and I’ve seen a few times, the cast is great, and at one time I would have said it’s my favourite. I saw the “Crying Game” once quite a few years ago, by chance really and I didn’t know what is about when I started watching it. and I found it very moving.

I think Tootise has to be near the top, great acting from Dustin Hoffman. I did check the film Stephanie mentions, “The New Girlfriend” and it sounds quite interesting, I’ll have to try catch it somehow.

Amy

Hi Amy yes looking forward to the new girlfriend sounds very interesting ..

Stephanie

Leslie
      Lady

I can’t say that I like Tootsie, but that maybe do to when I saw it and the fact   that I don’t care much for Dustbin that much as an actor.
      But I love Kinky Boots.

I noticed a movie tonight while I was looking for something to watch. I didn’t watch becaue I thought it might be a bit heavy for me. It’s not exactly a CD movie but a movie about a girl born with both sets of reproductive organs. As I said, I have not watched it but some might want to. It’s available for free on the Roku channel. It’s called XXY.

I have really gotten into some transgender shows lately (versus crossdressing). Better Than Chocolate is more about a lesbian couple but there is a great transgender supporting role in the film. I have also watched all currently available seasons of Pose on Netflix. Again, it’s more transgender related though. A good documentary on Netflix is Disclosure.

An older flick “Victor, Victoria ” Julie Andrews dresses as a guy to get into acting/singing but the part is a guy in drag. So we have a girl dressing as a guy dressing as a girl. Also has a romantic story line with lots of confusion and awkward moments.

👗👖👗

Beth

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Stephanie, I’m a fan of “Some Like It Hot” especially Tony Randall; he was terrific. And I’ve really come to appreciate MM in the last couple of years.

But the movie that I think had some influence on me on being a CD is Rocky Horror Picture Show from 1975.  Along with my first wife, we were among those crazy people who would attend the midnight showings and bring props to the theatre.  I think my wife at that time would have totally gone along with me dressing up as Dr. Frank-n-furter although I would have preferred to dress as Janet Weiss.  And I love the music in it.

Don’t get strung out by the way I look, Don’t judge a book by its cover

I’m not much of a man by the light of day, But by night I’m one hell of a lover

I’ve shared this movie with some friends and they just hated it.  I guess it is an acquired taste.    Thanks for posting Stephanie, Have a great week, Hugs, Krista.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Krista.

Hi Krista  that’s a classic I love that one also I have tried to replicate him many times so cute and sexy he he ..hugs

Stephanie

Can’t say I have a favorite and rarely watch TV or movies but the last I saw and enjoyed was “Different for Girls (1996)”

Cute and fun

Sandy

Hi Sandy nice to meet you and thanks will check it out ..

Stephanie

Nice to meet you too Stephanie. I hope you like it, kind of a simple Boy meets girl with a twist thing. Has some sad spots but enjoyable overall!

Sandy

Anonymous

Just Like a woman was very good.i also liked Jarad Leto playing Rayon even though it was a tragic tale.

Anonymous

Hi Stephanie there have been a good few I have seen but I am not good at remembering titles. There are two I do remember well – The Crying Game with Jay Davidson and Breakfast on Pluto with Cillian Murphy both are excellent.

Sarah

Thanks Sarah will add them to the list to watch he he thanks just love a good movie ..

Stephanie

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

In no particular order….

The Crying Game
      The Adventures of Priscilla, the Queen of the Desert
      Mrs. Doubtfire
      Tootsie

On the stage, I remain in awe of “M Butterfly”

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for raising this and thanks to sisters for sharing their favourites.

I really enjoyed To Wong Foo Thanks for everything Julie Newmar. Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes are quite wonderful.

The Danish Girl starring Eddie Redmayne is a very moving tale of a transsexual that include significant cross dressing scenes.

The Birdcage (based on La Cage aux Folles) – both worth watching IMHO.

Love and Hugs

HildaRuth

The first movie Iever saw was ” Some Like it Hot”.

I was quite young and wanted to be like the Tony Curtis and

Jack Lemon who played women. I especially wanted to wear

lipstick! This is my favorite but have never seen a movie about cross dressing that I didn’t like.

Breakfast on Pluto…just because it is not well known in the U.S.

Stevie65
      Lady

Not that i have seen many but the one that I feel that kick started the drive for The LGBTQRSYANDZ is !!!!! Da da dant dada!!!! THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!!!! I have seen this in the Theater in Down Town Toronto about 7 times and it was awesome!!!!

Hi Stephanie

My favourite is a kids film: The Boy in a Dress, by David Walliams.

It gives me hope, as my 9 year-old son reads a lot of David Walliams books – he’s very popular.

There’s a terrific scene where all the boys in the protagonists team play football wearing dresses – and win, of course!

And the ending has a lovely tear-jerking twist – no spoilers!

Enjoy.

Love Laura

I can’t believe nobody mentioned Glen or Glenda! Quite possibly THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE but as bad as it is I have a soft spot in my heart for it because the star/ author/director, Ed Wood was a crossdresser himself. The movie, I suppose, was his cry for acceptance. It’s free on youtube if anyone wants to afflict themselves. LOL! (check out the performance by Bela Lugosi…weird stuff!)

Johnny Depp also starred in the movie “Ed Wood”.   Based on the worst director in history.   EW used to work with Bella Lugosi in those ridiculous (but in their own way magical) Dracula movies.  There’s a really quaint scene where Ed is directing a film with make up and a lady’s cashmere sweater but still has his moustache on.   I loved it.

Kate xx

Janice
      Duchess

Hi Stephanie and all of you. I have seen almost all of the films mentioned. A tidbit about Tootsie; before filming Dustin got all made up as Tootsie and went into a restaurant and sat down with the director who did not recognize him and got all embarrassed to have this strange woman sit with him.

An interesting film called A Boy Like Jake about a young boy who never did boy stuff but wanted to be a girl. How his parents dealt with that was amazing. Among other things they let him dress and act like a girl. He even preferred to play with girls. Heartwarming film about the struggles of Trans and non trans families. Quite cute.

I loved the French movie “The New Girlfriend”. Really identified with the “heroine”. Beautifully done about a CD getting caught out by a friend and how beautifully things can develop from there. One of my favourite CD movies of all time.

Billy Eliot is a lovely British film about a young lad from a tough macho neighbourhood in North East England who loves and wants to become a ballet dancer. One of his best friends, who lives in an old caravan, is trans and dresses up in private (at first) and it’s such a touching movie – feel good ending too.   Recommended.  There’s been a musical based on it as well.  Had/haviing a long run in the London’s West End.

xxx

Pop Goes the Easel: The Three Stooges cross-dress to evade a cop. Larry and Curly flirt with him. When Moe enters, Curly politely informs the cop, “This is my mother.” They also cross-dress in others of their movies.

Bugs Bunny cross-dressed in many cartoons. Civil War Yankee Bugs plays a southern belle hiding her Yankee lover from polite rebel Yosemite Sam. Bugs in skirt, lipstick, and beribboned draped ears as pigtails sabotages a singer. Bugs as dying Brunhilde or someone.

Bullwinkle the Moose as Barbara Fritchie outgunned Stonewall Boris Badenov.

My favorite movie was Normal from 2003 with Jessica Lange and Tom Wilkinson.  Was a HBO movie that was nominated for a ton of awards.  Back when it came out; I had to sneak to watch it several times and watched once with my wife.  It really hit home on so many fronts from being able to relate to the main character being older and really not having any true fem features.  And the trials and tribulations of dealing with being female in a male body while living in a small town where people like us do not exist.  And relating to picking through the thrift stores being there was a real online shopping experience.  And finally the movie really captures the rough road one has when coming out to family, friends and the impact on a marriage after 25 years.

Keep Safe…Michelle

Michelle

Thank you so much for recommending Normal. I found it on YouTube. So moving in so many ways. I found the prejudice of the workplace and the Church alarming. I really felt for the son and isn’t Patty Ann wonderful? Her demonstration of the surgery at the end of the movie was a delight. And bothTom Wilkinson and Jessica  Lange were outstanding.

Once again, thanks so much for recommending the movie

Love and hugs

HildaRuth xx

Thank you for mentioning this movie Michelle. I’d not heard of it before so searched it out watched it on Youtube. Wow – I was so tense during the movie – worrying for our hero/heroine – dying with him/her when he/she was mocked and under attack. So relieved by the end when his/her heroism worked out.

I’d probably have missed this movie if you hadn’t mentioned it on this site, so, again, thanks a lot.

Love Katie

ChloeC
      Duchess

I like many of those mentioned already. Here are a couole more Ive seen and appreciated for what they are trying to tell.

A Girl Like Me

La Vie En Rose

(I really liked Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert because even tho they mostly appeare as drag queens, the 3 actors were portraying 3 very different aspects of the ts-tg spectrum -Transsexual Terence Stamp , Drag Hugo Weaving  and fetish cd Guy Pearce.)

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I’m in the “Just like a Woman” camp.  The most realistic of the lot for me. Also interesting was ” The Triple Echo” where a deserting soldier dresses in female clothes to try to escape detection. Works for a while, but inevitably he is found out.

If telemovies count. The story of Australias most famous female impersonator, Carlotta is also right up there. OK Carlotta is played by a GG, but some of “the blokes” made stunning females. Especially in the showgirl scenes

Caty.

Normal, Just Like a Woman, and The Danish Girl.

Hi Celeste sounds like another one I haven’t heard of will look into it also thanks ..

Stephanie

Hi Gen yes that’s the movie I was referring to in the post and totally agree the police were a little overboard with the arrest and locking her up  but a good movie overall ..

Stephanie

Ah, but it might be worth a few hours in the clink when you have a lovely lady like Monica (Dame Julie Walters) to come bail you out!!

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?