Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Is there a way I can learn to cross my legs like a lady? I have tried but it looks like I’m still sitting like a man. 1st time dressing and don’t want to be a total mess! Please help! Thank you.

Anonymous

Try this,

Ankle Cross

“This is a highly acceptable form of crossing your legs. You put your knees together and to the side. The side that you turn your knees is to face the person with whom you are speaking. Otherwise, you would normally turn your knees to the left. Your ankles are then pointing towards the right and you cross them in the most comfortable way. This does require that the woman develop her inner thigh muscles, but is the healthiest and most flattering way for a woman to cross her legs.”

Copy an pasted from the internet

Howdi Dannielle

We rarely get anything right on the first try, what would be the fun in that?

Spend some time in any social setting, mall, eatery, get together and observe people, women more specifically. You’ll learn alot and have fun doing it. Observe how they sit, walk, hand gestures, smileetc., then practice what you’ve seen.

Voila! In no time you’ll find it easy to do just the same.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

arisa bae
      Lady

Yoga or even basic cardio will help you get flexible enough to cross your legs, then just focus on keeping your back straight and chin high.

Lol, I dont even think about this, it just comes naturally. Usually with me, its right over left with the thighs crossing at the top, usually tightly. Some of you might struggle with this, but after practice and time, its easy peezy !!!

Fee xxx

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Disclaimer: I am not trying to brag! But I find that no matter how I try to cross my legs in a feminine manner and even when securely “tucked”, I cant get my legs in the right position, cos I get uncomfortably “squeezed”!!!

CAty

eleanor holborn
      Managing Ambassador

Hi hun cross ankles very elegant way of sitting

I have always crossed my legs, thigh over thigh, knees one on top of the other with one a little to the side.  As much as you can do it the upper calf should hang as close to the lower and don’t let your foot (heels) hang out to far.  Always watch you posture, back straight and hold you head high.  It will come naturally, but it is always good to take a look and adjust as desired.  When I was younger I remember getting harassed by the other boys when I would do it.  I find it more comfortable than the guy way of doing it.

Anonymous

Hello,

I totally support the practiced ankle cross… I also find that if I cross my legs and then angle my bottom leg just a bit off the the side, it helps maintain a feminine posture… BUT! I also get teased by my wife, as I can subconsciously slip out of a feminine posture right back to a very ‘dude-ly’ sitting position! ARRGH! lol… makes me feel like I’ve been caught by my 1st grade teacher for not following along with the class… LOL… Bottom line, don’t get frustrated, we are all works in progress, and no matter how we sit, or whatever we do, we are all beautiful people!

xo

Catie

Cindy
      Lady

Great tips girls.x

Anonymous

I just sit with my knees together, crossing them looks a bit off with my big legs, and leaves red marks when I uncross.

What I never know is where to put my hands !

Anonymous

I sit cross legged often. One night my wife and I was laying on our bed, and i found crossing your leg while in a comfy position  ( like a reading position ) really helps out. Stretches the proper muscles before you really realize it, your doing it with little to no effort.

Clara
      Lady

Due to a lower back injury and being overweight I can only cross my legs at the ankle with my knees together facing forward, over the knee is impossible and slanting my legs is only possible if I slant my body also, otherwise it causes me a great deal of pain in my lower back.  So I have to set up strait, like girls were taught at school by the nuns, sit up strait knees together!

Anonymous
      Lady

I second the motion that it takes time and practice.   While watching TV in the evening I practice, and often catch myself slouching back against the chair but the crossing has gotten easier and easier.   In fact I find myself doing it without even thinking about it sometimes.  While here at the computer I can just barely fit my legs under the table if crossed but sometimes I do.  I used to get the “squeeze” that someone mentioned above but now it doesn’t seem to present a problem.  “Tucking” seems to alleviate that problem.  I don’t get a chance to use the skill out and about very often.  Here’s what you might think is a funny story:  I was out fully dressed and nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof.  I had ordered a beer at the bar and was headed for a table to sit down and try to relax a bit.  I try to go to this place on Wednesday afternoons just so that there won’t be a crowd and I don’t have to worry about everyone clocking me.  I don’t even come close to passing.  So anyway I went to sit down and I was worrying about how to sit properly and as I was sitting down I poured the beer into my purse.  How embarrassing!   I had to go and ask for a bar towel to dry things off.   About all I got done that day was some sitting and a trip to the unisex restroom.  But, to be fair it was an accomplishment and I did keep my legs crossed while seated.  Whew!

Thanks for sharing it is amazing some of the funny accidents that happen to is when dressed.

Anonymous

I’m not sure how to do this other than practice until it becomes second nature.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

You Tube has your answer, search how to sit like a lady.

I’m fortunate that I’ve never had a problem crossing my legs whether thigh over thigh or ankle cross.  I do it in both male and female mode.  As others have said if you tilt a little to the side it can be easier.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Never really had an issue with crossing my legs and now it’s just second nature to do so. In saying that right over left is easier than left over right.

LOL, I’m the opposite. Left is more comfy over the right. The other way just feels weird. LOL 💋

I have never been very flexible so a few years back I committed to practice crossing my legs on a daily basis Im now able to sit very ladylike for up to an hour at a time. Occasionally I’m amazed how easily I can go from standing to sitting in a very feminine position naturally.

Same!!! I’ve been practicing daily at work, and have been working on flexibility in my hips for the last three months with exercises and stretching. It’s made a big difference. Now, I can (as I literally am right now) sit for an hour with my legs crossed at the knee. I play guitar too, and have always wanted to be able to sit with my legs crossed and play like some of my hero’s (Steve Vai and Tim Henson). So, I had motivation from a few angles. 💋

J J
      Lady

I read somewhere a long time ago that a lady does not cross her legs, but crosses her ankles instead.

Sarah Lee
      Lady

I started doing this as a child. I wanted to be like mom. Left over right, right over left doesn’t  matter. Usually left over right. I’m doing it now with a chastity  cage on.

Even since I can remember I have been an ankle crosser. Male or female mode makes no difference. Anytime I sit down my ankles just cross. The other mannerism I do is to sweep my shorts like a dress or a skirt when I sit down. Again just a natural move I’ve been doing for ever.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

There is no substitute for observation and practice with lots of great advice on thios post. Another way is to drink a load of water and try and hold it when you want to ‘go’……… It’s amazing how the legs cross naturally…..

Anonymous

For lack of hip flexibility, some people find leg crossing uncomfortable. Whether crossing legs or ankles, legs straight or angled to one side, always keep your knees together.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Every thing we do to present as female takes practice. I had problems crossing my legs like a lady at first, now I do it naturally and have to think about to cross them like a man.

Hugs, Liara

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?