Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Àre there any dancers here? Many years ago I started with Argentine in what I knew as male as I had no knowledge of a female side until I started to dance. My teachers 5old me that my touch was not that of an average man as it was soft and gentle and that my movement was fluid, natural and quite feminine, in a good way. I quit after a couple of years and thought no more of it. Then 4 years ago I discovered me, the real me, the female that is Ashleigh. I started to jive and discovered blues and Hispanic. Now going into a dance hall was as frightening as the first time I stepped out public dressed, though at dance I dress, on the surface, male. Dancing really liberated my femme side and before I knew it I was asked to try contemporary, like ballet. This was the greatest female release I ever felt..my movement without doubt was that of a female, my emotional attachment and release to the music was like all of me came together in that dance. My creative side was wide awake and I went on to choreograph and dance amongst the wild places..hence my photos maybe very different to most lol. So are there any amongst you that dance and does it have a powerful, female release for you?

Interesting post Ashleigh.
      Think in November I posted an article regarding dancing, which was modified by the admins.
      I myself can’t dance would love to.

If I was dancing with a partner they would have to lead.
      Do you remember how you asked girls to dance years ago.

Liz

Anonymous

Ekizabeth, I actually don t remember as I refused to go anywhere close to a dance floor, though my descendants, dance wise, professionally go back to the early 1930s and when I was a child I was surrounded by it but I was raging against the world  so alas it was not on my “to do”agenda. I didn t discover dance until about 5 years ago, and though I don t go with the whole “regrets” lifestyle it is something I know would have suited me and would probably have led to going professional…but such is life, can t turn back time, so no point in my dwelling on it lol.

Tara Ryan
      Lady

Hi Ashleigh,

I did a lot of drama at college and dance was also a central part of this.  Most of the dance was contemporary or jazz, I was one of only 2 male dancers in the group as it wasn’t felt the thing to do back then.

I have kept my love for dance, I will often go to dance theatre or the ballet.  To me it is part of my love for drama and music.

Love,

Tara x

Anonymous

Hey Tara, dance is so good for the heart and soul and though covid has taken my mojo, it is slowly coming back and I hope to resume the groove in the new year. Its quite interesting in a way as I learned balance from a young age in other activities and now in my work I ve had to learn how to quickly change my stance and catch a weight whilst maintaining my balance…interesting as it was a form of training for dance, particularly the contemporary. The month the UK shut down I was due to perform publicly as part of a huge event called hydrology. I was to be one of the core and solo dancers, then as part of an all male contemp school I found abstract, totally out of my comfort zone, but strangely I slipped into it and some of my choreography was put forward for stage, but again, covid. I will go back to dance but that level I won t find again, but so long as I can feel that rhythm in my heart and in my soul, then I will move to it. My most beautiful passion is to dance depicting nature in a natural environment, using the trees and streams as my stage, whether anyone sees it or not. I absolutely love the ballet, sitting watching every move wondering how an individual can make such difficult but beautiful moves. Athletes in poetic movement. Its funny when I think 6 years ago I was in the shadows, hidden or hiding, from the world then 5 years ago my female side emerged like a butterfly with the strongest desire to perform upon a stage in a crowded theatre. Funny how life changes eh. Take care. xx

Anonymous

Tara, I was hoping you would “chip in”. Thank you.
        Tara – the ” Darcy Bustle ” in CDH. What a star !

Elaine
      Duchess

The first words to my wife “would you like to dance?”  Our whole love affair centered around dance, all styles from country two step to argentine tango. 25+ years of dancing together. But stopped at the time of covid.

Anonymous

Thats beautiful Elaine…I used to watch a couple in their 60s that danced Argentine so beautifully and perfect that she would just close her eyes and rest her head upon his shoulder and together they would be one. I know technically thats not perfect Argentine if you stick to the principles and core of it, but it was so mesmerizing.

Anonymous

Covid stops nuffin” !! Get in th hallway and dance,Elaine !!

I can’t dance, in fact I would probably trip over my own feet. I do love the thought of putting on a pretty dress with a full skirt and dancing the night away while twirling my skirt.

I have often looked back on my childhood and think about what my mom told me.

My mom was a professional ice skater and would always tell me I should have been her ice skater child.

To me that meant she wanted me to be her little girl and wear pretty ice-skating outfits. As I look back on that, I would have loved to be her ice skater and her little girl.  Sadly, I was too young to understand the thoughts and feelings I was having about wanting to be a girl.

Now all grown up and far removed from being able to be a young girl and wear those pretty outfits and twirl on the ice, it saddens me that I did not understand my feelings back then and let her turn me into her little ice skater.

I often wonder if my desires to be a girl is something I was born with or was it the result of my mom always telling me “I should have been her little girl”, “You were such a cute baby I could have passed you off as a baby girl”, “You have such pretty hair, what I could do with it if you were a girl”, “You should have been my little ice skater”  and on and on….

If she were alive today I would certainly tell her about my crossdressing and ask her if she would have been much happier if I was born a girl.

Sorry for getting off the subject! Just felt a desire to get it off my chest.

Lacy

Anonymous

Hey theres no need to apologise, I m glad you did as I m sure so many in our way of life have similar questions, I most certainly do. I won t go into detail but as a punishment for not being a man, at the age of about 6, my father, though I use that term loosely, sent me to school in my sisters clothes. It was a hard school and the teachers thought it as funny as the other kids…but now looking back did this backfire, could that have been a seed planted in myself when I created my defences in the form of other personalities, or what therapists would call “imaginary”friends? If it was the seed then it lay dormant for a very very long time, but there was the odd occassion through the long wait that I would try bits and pieces on of my sisters, but it was a quick 10 minutes then back to who I thought I was. I never leaned toward any one gender, in fact I went solitary, but never alone as I turned to nature. Anyway, to cut a very long story short, 4 decades on and my presumed male side hit a total meltdown and what emerged was a writer of beautiful poetry, a dancer that turned poetry in movement, a gentle soul and yes…ME…Ashleigh, the lady. I do ponder as you do but I don t ponder too long as we will never know the whys and wherefores…we just are. I hope this gives you something to read with interest and thank you, for getting it off your chest and here I am, also detracting from the topic, the author of that topic. If ever you want to chat then look me up and message me. Take care X

Hi Ashleigh,

I have never been a dancer no rhythm  and two left feet.

However as of late I’ve been thinking of taking some dance classes.

Maybe modern or Jazz no ball room stuff,just me.

I think it would be great exorcize  and it’s the girl coming out in me I believe.

Patty

Anonymous

Patty, you MUST be a demon dancer – in UK, exorcize means to raise the devil !! Please let me know when you are performing – It will be an wonderful scene . ( You might try Carmina Burana, or Rite of Spring – now that will help you release your passion !!)
        Seriously, good luck, Ashleigh is right – it will do you no power of good.

Love Anya ( hugs ) needs ballet shoes?? : )))))

I love dancing, with or without a partner.

My mom loved to dance, so my sister and I joined her in the living room every Saturday it seemed like, to join with Dick Clark for American Bandstand.  A good hour of physical activity.

I loved going to the club once I was old enough and just dancing to almost everything they played.  Texas Two Step, country line dancing, Disco, rock, even a little ballroom dancing.

Can I tell you the difference between a Bosanova or a Tango?  Probably not, but I’m pretty sure I probably tried them at one time or another.

I still go out at least once a month, or more, and you might see me with a partner, or doing my thing off to one side of the dance floor.  The important thing is to have fun no matter how good or bad you think you are.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Paula F.
        Anonymous

this is so good and it doesn t matter whether you know this or that and it doesn t even matter how you dance, as you say so long as you have fun and enjoy the experience…that truly is all that matters. I ve helped people in the past who say they can t dance or they ve got two left feet. My answer to that is “do you move in any way to a favourite track?” I f you do, then you re dancing…who has the right to say otherwise? I f you re moving to a tune, then in one way or another, you are dancing.
        Keep on moving to the rhythm Paula and thanks for the comment.

Anonymous

Hi Ashleigh,
      Im not a great dancer. However I used to be a gymnast and that enabled me to choreograph my own routines. There is a great deal of preparation required, practise and hopefully a lot of enjoyment too. No forgetting the fitness element too, coordination and therapy of putting movement to music. While I would never quite qualify for Strictly – I do appreciate the hard work that goes into these routines. My best effort was to medal ( NO, NOT MEDDLE !) at county championships but in my day, if you went to public school it was the only time you met a pommel, high bar, and rings. My forte was floor. ( No jokes, please )
      ( there must be a joke there somewhere ??!!)
      Yes, I recommend dance, in all genres, and Ballet Rambert, LCD and others were inspiring. We have some trained dancers in our members, no names, but they know their stuff. Me, Im just going back to the high bar ( just within my reach ) at the pub !!!! ( No , I jest. )

” Keep Dancing”. Anya – ( Last performance – Opera, on a 4ft stage !!)

Anonymous

Hey Anya, excuse the delayed reply, I should be more on the ball but had a few issues last couple of days. Your gymnastics are no different to dance, especially contemporary and/or ballet. I ve always seen those dance forms as the athletes, the top of their game dancers, when you look at the hardships and often damage of a ballet dancers body its hard to believe. Dance can serve us in so many ways, take my issues the last day or so, mental health, my personalities started to have a fall out, so today, getting over emotional after a hard battle, won by Ashleigh, I took the day off, put on my light dance wear and lost myself to the sound and rhythm. Totally immersed, I left everything behind and danced out every last emotion, thats how I found dance, I needed something to rival my mental meltdown. I needed a focus, a release where I could just hang it all out there, in tears if necessary. My dance teacher was good enough to let me go if I went into a solo dance of my own…we weren t supposed to because it was jive but she knew my pain and if not for her and dance…well, who knows? Thanks for the response Anya. x

Hi Ashleigh,

I always feel very awkward and self conscious when dancing as a male, but two years ago, I went to a club en femme and you couldn’t get me off the dance floor. It was very liberating and I just felt so sexy.
      The thought of taking up dancing is certainly now very appealing, but only if I can be the woman and wear lots of pretty dresses and get glammed up.

Katie x

Anonymous

hahaha that did make me laugh but can understand it. Dancing dressed is sooooo sexy and sassy and womens clothing is so much more diverse and beautiful than mans. Great you found your female dancer x

Katie…My sentiments exactly. Was always very awkward and shy dancing as a male. my slogan was ” I might be too drunk to drive, but am too sober to dance”
        Lately , though, as Kelli, I’ve discovered that she’s not such a bad dancer, especially when there’s a mirror involved to critique.No clubs around here to go to, even if this gurl weren’t so shy, but had a great time New Years eve home alone!
        haven’t talked to you in awhile, hope you are well and have a great 2022!

Anonymous

I love to dance, both as a man and when I am dressed.  I have too say the first time I slow danced with a man I was out with was fantastic.  Like nothing I ever experienced.

Anonymous

Hey that sounds great, keep on enjoying and thanks for commenting, its great when people interact on the forums, great to hear the stories and the differences…keeeeep dancing Stephanie x

CelesteCD
      Lady

Sadly my male self is a clumsy dancer and that carries over to my femme self.  I just can’t shake it like a GG. How do I know?  Well when I get dressed to the nines I can’t help but want to dance around, pose, and otherwise move my body around in front of the mirror.  I have mentioned in a few posts about the power I feel when being dressed and a woman dancing exudes that vibe in my opinion.  If I could pull that off I think the feeling I would have would be borderline ecstasy.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by CelesteCD.
        Anonymous

Pity distance seperates us lol. I d have you dancing like you never thought possible and no doubt I d stick around to see this borderline ecstasy lol. Are you sure you are a clumsy dancer or could it more likely be a lack of confidence, you focus on that ack and not to feeling the music? Start slow, and work up. Loads of youtube teachings on how to, so no excuses Celeste. Take care x

CelesteCD
          Lady

Tough love from you Ashleigh :). It is lack of practice, self confidence, and knowledge of how to move ones body.

What is this YouTube you speak of?   Lol.     Perhaps I could search for “clumsy cd trying to dance like a GG”. Seriously though I’ll probably give your suggestion a try.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by CelesteCD.
            Anonymous

didn t mean it as tough love…I meant it with the gentleness of a feather floating on the breeze lol. but go for it…you won t regret it. It brings the woman out that maybe you don t yet know.

CelesteCD
            Lady

Tough love was tongue in cheek.  All good here.   I appreciate your suggestions honestly I do.  I’ll report back on my progress as I evolve from Elaine on Seinfeld to JLo 🙂

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Even though I only dance in nightclubs… I’ve loved it since I was able to go to to them in high school.

I totally feel the feminine flow from my body when I dance….

I have wanted to take dance lessons for different types of dance, but my wife has a hard time with being “led” on the dancefloor. She seems to actively fight it….lol.

HAve fun moving those hips!

XOXO

Rayna

Anonymous

I had a gf like that, she would purposely sabotage a move in order to mess with the lead as she didn t like to be led or bossed around. You could try a solo dance form such as street or hip hop etc, don t need anyone cramping your style then. I do prefer solo dance as I can express so much more. Hope you get to find some form of dance you can learn and I never stop moving my hips, even at work if certain music comes on I m just in my own world lol. Take care xx

Anonymous

haha I like that…its still body movement which has been choroegraphed lol

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?