Tagged: 

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

So I’m getting into the dating game (somewhat). I recently turned 30 and I figured I’m not getting any younger. I’m a straight male who only dresses in private maybe 3-4 times a month but I enjoy doing it enough that I feel I couldn’t drop it even if I tried (I tried, lol).

I was wondering for those of you who’ve found an accepting/encouraging SO, how’d you go about playing the dating game? How open were you with your dates or how long did you wait before revealing to them your hobby/lifestyle?

I’ve also been interested in meeting locals that are interested in dressing, but my age group (25-35) seems pretty hidden. Any tips for the newbie?

Thanks!

Hi Roe

When just casually dating I don’t think its important that they know, unless of course you plan on showing up en femme.

I met and dated my gf for a while, when we started getting more serious and discussed moving in together I filled her in. We have open, honest and deep discussions about everything in our relationship. By telling her before things got too serious between us, she had the option of moving forward together or apart.

I’m happy to say, she’s still here without any (real) protest lol. Loving life together.

Anonymous

Imet my two of my ex’s (seperated now for non dressing related reasons) through  internet dating sites, o which I had a profile blurb, you know, the “about me” section… I wrote a very carefully worded paragraph making my dressing clear, stating that it was not a sexual thing, I keep my clothes in the wardrobe not hidden in some shabby bag, I wear men’s clothes too… Regularly, that I did not (at the time) have any leanings towards drastic surgery etc..  and that I understand people may not react well to it. With this in the profile, I only got hits from women who were either curious to know more, or not worried by it.

My ‘looking for’ ladies were a marginal group, as I prefer ladies with (as the dating site called it) “a few extra pounds” and maybe (I hypothesise) they are more likely to accept my crossdressing because I accept their being in excess of dress size 18.

On the actual dates (first meetings etc) we discussed the dressing but it was not the main topic. It was taken seriously when we did touch on it and I felt that these lovely ladies deserved honesty from me, so I was up front an honest about it all.

This is my experience of dating with the dressing out there from the get go, and it’s how I would do it again if I were not totally infatuated with someone who already knows I dress, but with whom I buggered things up several years ago for (again) other reasons.

Imogen xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Relationship Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?