Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I’m told that every young girl keeps a diary, and Bettylou is a young girl – under 5 years old, in CD years -but the body she occupies is in its 8th decade, so there is no diary.  Perhaps there should be one, because there is so much yet to do and so little time left in which to do it.

Let me explain:  I Dressed briefly as a child, the dress provided by twin playmates of mine.  Then again (briefly) as a teen, in a dress found in a high school storage room.  Adulthood halted my Dressing and forced it down into the deep, subconscious corners of my mind, where it lay dormant for almost 60 years.  Then, something strange happened:  I was grocery shopping at my local Walmart when I passed the women’s clothing section and a poly/spandex tee shirt caught my eye.  On a whim, I bought it and began to wear it.  Within a few months, there were more women’s tees, a bra of two, some women’s jeans and a tee shirt dress – and Bettylou was born (or re-born; I’m not sure which).

Like most CDs, I was deep in the closet, expressing my feminine urges only when my wife was away from the house with her friends.  But as the need to Dress grew stronger, I began wearing my “girl clothes” openly but unnoticed by my wife until  a pair of ballet flats were added to my wardrobe.  There was a question: “Are those women’s shoes?”, which I answered truthfully, but no followup commentary.  By now, I had discovered the CDH website and learned that I was far from alone with my compulsion to Dress.  Driven by my need to expand my boundaries, I took a very deep breath one day and “outed” myself to my wife.  I told her that I  loved her, wasn’t gay, wasn’t going to leave her but that I had this compulsion to wear ladies’ clothing which I couldn’t deny, and that I didn’t want to hide it from her.  I would accept any limitations she set on me in exchange for her acceptance.  Much to my relief, there were only two:  I couldn’t wear dresses in her presence, and Bettylou must kept hidden from her friends and our family.  The “no dress” rule was specific; it didn’t apply to skirts or other apparel, so I promptly accepted her offer.

Freed from the need to hide, I rushed to make up for the decades of lost time; in a matter of months, I had my first bra fitting, first makeover and first time out in public Dressed.    I bought more clothes, and wigs to wear for my outings, experimented with makeup, and began wearing my skirts, tops and flats around the house, regularly.  Bettylou is a “young” CD, but in a body which feels the clock relentlessly ticking away.  So much to do and explore, and so little time left in which to do it.

This past weekend, I made what is probably the final leg of this wonderful CD journey.  After letting my hair grow for the past five months, I booked an appointment at Ulta for what they call a “body wave” – sort of a perm, really.   At first, I thought I looked like a poodle, but it combed out to give a decent, but decidedly femme look.  My wife accepts it, I like it, and the kids won’t see it for a few weeks, at least.

And the girl who has been hidden inside me for so long isn’t hiding any longer.

Seren
      Baroness

This is such an happy uplifting story Bettylou, thanks for sharing. Like you the discovery of CDH has helped me so much in coming to terms with what/who I am.

Hope you and your family are all well xx

Wonderful story, Betty Lou.

Anonymous

Thank you, Seraphina; yes, CDH has been a blessing to Bettylou.

Anonymous

Thank you, Amanda.  I’m happy to share it.

Anonymous

Congratulations Bettylou, that is a great story. Us older chicks can still do it and have it accepted.

Kathleen

Anonymous

Thank you, Kathleen;  it does seem easier to pass as an elderly girl.  I think folks tend to simply note pay any attention to us…which is great when you want to blend in.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Krista
      Duchess

Yours is a lovely story Bettylou, Thanks so much for sharing. My wife has set pretty much the same parameters as Yours, perhaps mine is a bit more strict – she’ll let me know if she thinks something I’m wearing looks too feminine. I’m lucky with my hair; even though I’ll be 66 in less than two months, my hair is down past the middle of my back. May You continue to have wonderful experiences on Your journey and All the Best to You & Your wife. Stay healthy, stay safe, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Thank you, Krista. I’m well past the age where I can look sexy, and I avoid minis, so my wife hasn’t needed to “correct” me – not yet, anyway. I love your hair; maybe mine will reach my shoulders by year-end. Not sure what I will do, then; the current look seems to suit me.
        Hugs,
        Bettylou

Dear Diary,

I checked Bettylou’s photos and no photo of her pretty new do as yet.

I resolve to check back later.

The good news is Bettylou’s wife accepts it.

I’m happy for her

Autumn

Anonymous

Dear Autumn,

This old girl moves a bit slowly, sometimes. I do have 2 photos in my gallery, now.

Hugs,
        Bettylou

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Thanks, Bettylou for your positive, uplifting story.  Your story is so similar to my own and to many others Iv’e read here on CDH.  I to have let my hair grow out and hope to soon get it styled in a more fem way, still thinking of coloring it, just enough to cover some of the gray ( I’ll be 66 in 3 months ).

XO Sandy XO

They did a nice job!

Very pretty.

I didn’t know Ulta did hairstyling like that.

Anonymous

Thank you, Autumn; I didn’t think I had enough hair to work with, for a decent femme look, and I was astounded. With makeup on, my wife even said I look pretty!

Anonymous

Thank you for the kind words, Sandy. I was surprised by how femme the curls made me look. I don’t think my wife would go for changing color, though. Maybe platinum?

Sandy, I’ve been coloring out the grey for years now.  Partly because it makes me feel better, even as a guy.  And partly because the grey hairs are wiry and next to impossible to brush right and lay flat (even with a flat iron).  But once the hair is colored, it feels smoother and behaves like my non-grey hair when brushing or flat ironing it.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?