- May 4, 2021 at 6:21 pm #488000James BrineParticipantRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 18Replies: 86Has thanked: 96 timesBeen thanked: 351 times
I’ve been at a loss lately looking at Jewellery (non-earrings). I’m just not sure what would look nice with what? How does body size impact it? etc… Considering my shopping is online, trial an error isn’t the best option for me. Does anyone know of sites I could read or video’s I could watch that could be helpful?
- May 14, 2021 at 4:32 am #491992Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 721Has thanked: 4525 timesBeen thanked: 2767 times
Hi James Great question It is defiantly important when finishing an outfit. The eye will be drawn to the pieces you choose. You do not want to overwhelm your outfit you just want to add to it. . If you have large hands then you do not want to wear pieces that draw attention to your hands. Like large colorful rings. Play to your assets. Start with inexpensive costume jewelry and then add pieces that have a special meaning in your life. I try to have 3 pieces that match that will go with a few outfits. It is important, take the time learn.
- May 14, 2021 at 4:23 am #491989Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 49Replies: 1173Has thanked: 5428 timesBeen thanked: 6058 times
Thanks for this post James, I’ve never thought about what jewelry matches my skin tone or body shape. Just looked for things I thought were pretty and would match what I’m wearing. Still working on that. Mostly I’ll wear necklaces, and sometimes bracelets and earrings of course.
- May 14, 2021 at 4:02 am #491982Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 185Has thanked: 342 timesBeen thanked: 968 times
- May 14, 2021 at 12:34 am #491945LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 48Replies: 553Has thanked: 444 timesBeen thanked: 2577 times
Jewellery is completely new for me or so I thought as I have always avoided wearing rings or chains. I then had to qualify that thought in that I do have some very nice cuff links and in male mode love to wear good quality shirts with cuff links. On Tuesday “She who must be obeyed” bought me a ring as some of you may have seen in a separate thread. Of course the sizes in the jewellers were too small but a new one the correct size can be made.
- May 13, 2021 at 8:46 pm #491912Christine RelleumLadyRegistered On: March 1, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 68Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 207 times
Rings are an issue for me. The biggest size out there for ladies is 12 and I have difficulty getting them on and off my finger. When I was trying some on at Torrid the other day I was afraid at times that I’d be stuck with a set they were so tight. Does anyone sell decent looking ladies rings in larger sizes?
- May 5, 2021 at 2:27 pm #488293Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 24Replies: 779Has thanked: 3108 timesBeen thanked: 3127 times
Its just another one of those things women have been learning (consciously or unconsciously) and part of what makes them just look so naturally good but we don’t really know how?
Posh events-delicate and real gold, silver, gems.
Night out on the town-statement pieces, chunky necklace, bracelet, earrings, colour matched to the outfit.
Casual daywear, out for coffee, cheap n cheerful, supermarket or market stall, as little or as much as you want.
Just as important as dressing appropriately for what you are doing, and coordinating an outfit.
But, as with things like make up, hair, even how you smell it’s very subtle.
And so much fun finding your own style.
- May 5, 2021 at 2:14 pm #488289Robyn DrakeDuchessRegistered On: March 19, 2019Topics: 50Replies: 367Has thanked: 468 timesBeen thanked: 1018 times
- May 5, 2021 at 8:56 am #488203Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 38Replies: 960Has thanked: 297 timesBeen thanked: 3118 times
As to body size just measure your neck and wrists as lots of necklaces and bracelets won’t be big enough. As to the other,the only way I know is to put them on and look in the mirror. If you like the way it looks then your good. If you shop Amazon prime at least shipping is free both ways and there are other places that offer the same.
- May 5, 2021 at 7:38 am #488192Samantha RoarkeAmbassadorRegistered On: April 17, 2019Topics: 47Replies: 1563Has thanked: 5640 timesBeen thanked: 3551 times
- May 5, 2021 at 4:39 am #488126Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 103Has thanked: 1241 timesBeen thanked: 446 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.