- April 16, 2021 at 6:55 am #478500Katie TimeParticipantRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 18Replies: 118Has thanked: 736 timesBeen thanked: 653 times
I’ve started to see a pattern with some of my binge buying episodes, whenever she treats me badly I seem to end up buying things. Bras panties you name it. And the worse it is the more I buy. I just ordered a whole outfit including shoes. I’m thinking it’s a salve for my wounded spirit, since I feel I can’t fight back against the way she feels about my dressing. Or maybe it’s just revenge.
- April 20, 2021 at 6:29 am #481477Leslie BerriLadyRegistered On: March 9, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 8Has thanked: 65 timesBeen thanked: 37 times
I know my “activities” increase when I’m stressed, bored, etc. maybe a defense mechanism, definitely a coping mechanism. Is it being the real me or an alter-ego-escape thing? I don’t know but I think I can relate.
- April 20, 2021 at 6:11 am #481471Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 134Has thanked: 295 timesBeen thanked: 577 times
I know exactly what your thinking. My wife is great. But if I am upset with someone in my family I seem to do the same thing. I think I’m telling them f you. It makes no sense because it has nothing to do with my dressing. Then I find myself thinking. Girl don’t you think you have enough stuff.
- April 20, 2021 at 5:50 am #481464LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 48Replies: 551Has thanked: 441 timesBeen thanked: 2553 times
It does sound like an angry reaction. I’m spending slowly and with some help. At least half of my recent purchases are as a result of suggestions from “she who must be obeyed”. I am still very optimistic that we can get to a softer and much happier me that I’m happy to take out in public without going fully femme.
- April 20, 2021 at 5:01 am #481446stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 152Replies: 2074Has thanked: 3305 timesBeen thanked: 9621 times
…….. aided and abetted by the “pink fog” gender euphoria…. it gets a grip on our purse and causes shopping compulsion…. bordering on addiction? Its not our fault. I fight it all the time (and usually lose) … and sometimes I prevaricate so much I lose some good purchases.
- April 19, 2021 at 12:26 pm #481173
- April 19, 2021 at 11:08 am #481146Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 916Has thanked: 12937 timesBeen thanked: 3387 times
I’ve had a bit of a time lately with binge buying, and it’s gotten me into trouble, not paying enough attention to just how much I was spending total. “This is a great deal, and doesn’t cost much at all” eventually shows the power of multiplication. My buying for Bridgette is at all stop right now. But to your point, it depends on who you’re trying to deal with, yourself or your SO. And who’s money is being spent. It’ll add up, and then you’ll have to pay the piper… or Amazon!
- This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Bridgette VonSmirff.
- April 18, 2021 at 5:21 am #479309Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 260Has thanked: 2856 timesBeen thanked: 1240 times
I try to limit my buying lately, I was on some binge buying for a while. You could try finding a soothing practice for your wounds. I like to take a long walk and think about things or read a book. I just bought a journal to start writing my thoughts in. Amazon has some wonderful journals with leather covers and feminine designs. Many of us deal with what you are going through. My fiance’s acceptance feels like a roller coaster ride for me. But like I said before, I will never go back in the closet.
- April 19, 2021 at 11:04 am #481144Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 916Has thanked: 12937 timesBeen thanked: 3387 times
I couldn’t agree more about Journaling. I’ve got some dating to the late 1980s, and once in a while it’s nice to see how far you’ve come with some things. I’m a huge fan of writing things down, not to make a record of them, but to clarify your thoughts and feelings. When you write it, you have to be clear… or you have to spend a lot of lines being unclear, which eventually helps make it clear.
- April 20, 2021 at 10:03 am #481548Katie TimeDuchessRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 18Replies: 118Has thanked: 736 timesBeen thanked: 653 times
Hi Bridgette, I’ve been writing some poetry on a different platform, quite a few of them hinting around the edge of things. It’s definitely been a help for me. 💕💋 Katie
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 18, 2021 at 5:04 am #479303Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 716Has thanked: 4500 timesBeen thanked: 2723 times
Hi Katie I love it, “revenge buying” Just let her know to be nice to you or else . That’s defiantly a good reason to go on shopping spree’s. I stopped trying to figure out if there was a pattern to my buying. I shop because it makes me feel good to buy the clothes I prefer wearing. My male attire needs so much attention and i have no interest in giving it any attention anymore. If my SO wants shop for men’s clothing for me she better find a place to put them. My closet is already full of the clothing I love wearing.
- April 16, 2021 at 7:05 am #478504
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.