Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Do tights typically get softer with higher denier? I’ve gone from 50 to 120, and the 120 is SOOOOOO much softer

I try to buy tights 70 or higher, even with 70 i find it is not opaque enough.

I’ve really not noticed if higher den is softer or not, it could also be that I’ve always purchased high den tights so I don’t have anything to compare it to.

Anonymous

I think my lowest was a 50 as well, and it make my legs look tan (for reference, they’re whiter than freaking Dracula). But the 80 and 120s I’ve had actually looked truly opaque. I wonder if they make other colors at 120? Might get a red pair to wear with my fav dress

Anonymous

I don’t think so but hope other ladies jump in on this topic.

I thought denier was weight so you can have more open or closed weave no matter what the number is so I think it has to do with fabric and how tight the weave is for it to feel soft.

Jessica

Anonymous

That I did know. It just seems it gets softer as it gets higher as well

Anonymous

Great question Annaleigh

I think we all get it that the higher the number the thicker….but softness wise….I honestly don’t know….hopefully someone can enlighten us all……so come on you girls of CDH….reputations at stake here !!!

On tenterhooks…. grace xx

Anonymous

Hi Annaleigh  Denier relates  to the density of the fabric in your tights. It means that the higher the Denier the thicker the tights, whether that equates to softness who knows. I personally only wear 7- 10 – 15  denier I prefer smoothness I hope that helps.

Sarah xx

Hi Grace and Annaleigh,

Wouldn’t softness depend on the fabric blend/composition of the tights?

Alice

Anonymous

Perhaps. I’ve just noticed the softness factor goes up within the same brand and material at higher denier.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I read some manufacturer claim that their tights felt softer because they had woven some cotton into them.  I don’t remember the brand and didn’t buy them, so can’t confirm.  I suspect there’s some truth though – cotton is softer than lycra/elastane.  Denier just refers to the thickness/opacity of the material.

120 is my choice as I like tights with a substantial pattern. And, yes… they are softer so can be worn all day.

however, really classic stockings have to be sheer and fine like my Dior stockings at 15 dernier! Oohhh

(Shudder) //Polly

Hi Polly,

I’ve never worn tights in my life, but 15 or 20 denier stockings are awfully nice.

Dior? I’ll do some research.

Lee Ann

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?