• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Zoe.
Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Sofie
      Lady

Hi sister,

I want to ask you all for some advice. I currently have no sense for fashion even for drab 😕 How would you recommend someone to start to develop there feminine fashion sense? I am currently not in a position where I can acquire and try things on. But it would be nice to have some idea about what to put together for the current rare equations when I can try on a few things.

Love,

Sofie

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

YouTube is a good place to see things and get an idea of what might look good on you. There are a lot of GG’s with fashion channels, and of course plenty of CD’s, and TG’s also.

You can check out plenty of pictures right here on CDH as well. In fact this is probably the best place to start!

💕Lara

Sofie
        Lady

Hi Lara,

I’ll have a look at the picture on this site. Are there any fashion channels in particular on YouTube that you would recommend?

Love,

Sofie

Lara Muir
          Baroness - Annual

Off the top of my head I would say Heidi Fox. She is a CD with some fun fashion sense. I think she still does a new video every Friday. You can also just type fashion in the search field. There are a lot of other CD, and TG videos as well.
          I hope you find something inspiring!

💕Lara

Erika Henderson
      Duchess - Annual

I have been shopping at local thrift stores, it is a way I can check out clothes and try them on

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

Well, I’m not going to claim to have a lot of fashion sense myself 🤣 but in addition fashion channels on YouTube as Lara suggested, I spend a lot of time “windowshopping” online.Β  It helps me to see how the models are dressed.Β  Also, on a lot of sites if you see something you like…say a particular top, they have options to see the item in a variety of outfit combinations.Β  The challenge is resisting the urge to click that BUY button!Β  The website I windowshop the most to is Shein.com.Β  I can spend hours looking and learning! Good luck love!

💖Lola

Hi Sofie,

Erika suggested the thrift shops (or often referred to as charity shops). Β Often you can find bargains with the original tags on them. Β Once Sofie Β decides to venture out you might have a conversation with the associate about pairing a pair of jeans with a top as they are familiar with the shops inventory. Β That conversation will help build your confidence and you can acquire some fashion hints too. Β Then expand to skirts, your colors, Β or other apparel in your size. Β Smile and enjoy yourself.

Department store often have fashion consultants who can make suggestions. Β You’re under no obligation to buy and shopping is good fun.

Alice

Anonymous

Hi Lara,

I’m in a similar position. What I do is jump onto a website like Sheim or ASOS and literally skim through. When something takes my eye, I add it to my online bag and, after a while, I go look at the contents of the bag. That way, I can see themes emerging.

I don’t think there is a right or wrong when it comes to fashion sense – we all like what we like.

Gemma. 💋

There are plenty of examples to watch by just walking around the neighborhood. See what the girls of today wear. When you see a style you like, try to copy it. It will be a bit of trial and error, which is where I think the fun is too. Don’t forget to consider your hair and how you would usually wear it. By all means, have fun with it.

These days, most women tend toward business causal to clothing. Blouses and finer pants rather than skirts or dresses. Cute shoes still rule.

All of this is ‘appropriate’ to the scene you expect to find yourself in – whether that is going out to play corn hole or going to a wedding.

Leah
      Baroness

look at some of the ladies catalogs, Venus orΒ  Express as well as look at what ladies are wearing and what is for saleΒ  in stores.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Sit in a busy mall & people watch.

Zoe
        Lady

That’s what I do. Watch all the different ideas that other people have and see which one jumps out at you.

For the many sisters that pose this question I always tell them this about how I got my fashion sense. First I look at what my age/generation(GenerationX) and ethnicity cis women are wearing now and what stores they are particularly shopping at. Plus I add what my figure looks like (plus size) and add those together. So what I get are the stores of Torrid and Lane Bryant and maybe some Fashion Nova every now and then. To me that helps with the passing and blending in which is what we all really want. Hope this advice keeps helping…

Hi Sofie,Β  I copy looks all the time from magazines like Glamour, Vogue, InStyle, Elle and People along with images from movies and comics.Β  Β Then I take a look that I like and try to put together an outfit with pieces that I have or pieces that I can get.Β  I hope this helps.Β  Β Marg

Zoe
      Lady

I worked out my style by looking at women in the street, how they were dressed. How they combined colours, fabrics, garments etc. From that I held onto the things I liked and they became my personal ‘look book’. For instance I tend not to wear floral patterns, but I like stripes or polka dot. I like Chelsea boots rather than spike heels. Β It’s a matter of letting your natural tastes guide you. Particularly this happens when I browse for clothes in a charity shop – flick through everything until you find something in your size, then it’s a matter of whether it speaks to you – do you like the cut, the fabric, the colour? Can you imagine wearing it combined with something else? Does that dark red jersey top go with that denim mini, etc etc. Most of all, it’s allowing yourself the mental freedom to say you can wear anything you want. Then your creative side can take over, painting pictures for you to make happen in real life.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Zoe.
      • This reply was modified 1 year ago by Zoe.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Crossdresser Heaven |Β PrivacyΒ |Β Terms of UseΒ | Link to us |Β Contact VanessaΒ |Β Advertise with Crossdresser Heaven

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates fromΒ Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?