• This topic has 41 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 26 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

A bit different survey.

Did you practice any sport when growing up? Or as a young adult? Or are you still practicing sports? More than just trying it once, but something you enjoyed doing.

No need to tell us if you hated sports (please don’t! A simple “no” will suffice!) or to brag about it (quoting Shania Twain, “That doesn’t impress me much”)

Make any selections you want!

Personally, I played competitive “fútbol” (soccer) up to college level, when I messed up one of my knees.

I did all the boy/guy things, and was blessed with certain talents. However i still wanted to be and dress like a girl. All my love sisters, thanks for letting me be a part of this world.

Pumped
      Lady

I never did sports, just wasn’t any good at any of them, poor coordination perhaps?

On the other hand I rode motocross motorcycles like a mad man! I just never had the money and support needed to do anything with it. I used to ride with a guy that was at the top of the standings in the state. He mentioned more than once that he was amazed that I could keep up with him on my ten year old, well abused dirt bike and he wondered what I could do with a decent motorcycle and some training.

It wasn’t unusual for me to spend 10-12 hours a day riding motocross, day after day. I loved it. Probably one of the reasons I was good at it was the time I spent with it.

Enjoyed bowling 🎳, baseball, softball, tennis and ice skating (non-hockey or figure) in my younger days. Being tall I also loved volley ball (not listed). Most sports can easily be enjoyed by either boys or girls.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I was no good at the team sports. Athletically challenged would best describe my childhood. I enjoyed golf somewhat back in the 80’s & 90’s, though the version I played was more like Swing, and Swear. I loved skiing before my knees couldn’t do it anymore, and weight lifting is part of my exercise program. That and stretching keep me from falling apart.😆

Lara

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

I was an international canoe racer and coach for several years, paddling both Canoe and Kayak in sprint and marathon races. Selected to race for the GB team but sadly political events prevented my olympic attendance, but did compete in the world championships. I still paddle for recreation, and live next to a nice rural canal which gives me a lovely environment relax in while keeping mind and body fit together.

Cycling, my partner and I cycled round the world for 6 yrs, touring though abut 40 countries and covering about 36,000 miles in that time. We still ride from time to time but only short day rides nowadays.

As the slogan says – just do it !

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Ice hockey was my love until my early university years.  But the injuries got to be too much.  Since then I’ve stuck to non-contact sports.

Ashley
      Lady

I played hockey years ago. Now I do historical fencing and martial arts.

Elaine
      Duchess

I ran cross-country, played basketball and baseball while in school. In my 20-40’s I was a runner – completed two marathons. Now I play golf a couple times a week (8.6 handicap index).

Gwyneth
      Lady

I did all the manly sports. Baseball was my favorite. Football right behind that. At 5’9″ and 150#, while I could make a hole in a brick wall, it would be a small hole. I even played a few years of soccer with my younger brother. Probably the sports I was best at was track (sprinter) and bowling. Odd pair I know. Was pretty good at water skiing, but that’s an expensive sport! Later in life, I loved golf. Was horrible at it. It is a sport that the more you play, you don’t necessarily get better at it.

At 64, the only sport I might do any of at all is hiking. And not much of that. Even with the motivation of “get that waist down to a cute size” usually isn’t enough. And to answer all the questions in everybody’s mind – I have no idea how I wound up wanting to be a crossdresser. Well I do, but the sports side of my life doesn’t explain much of it!

Gwyn

I’ve never been particularly good at sports.  A lot has to do with asthma and reduced lung capacity, probably both related to second hand smoke during my developmental years.  Running, jumping, or climbing stairs get me winded very quickly with long recovery times.

I did play a bit during required gym classes, and might play volleyball or softball during a company picnic (although I hate the aluminum bats; their weight distribution is wrong, and they hurt more when you hit the ball).  I played goalie one year in intramural floor hockey at college (we used a pseudo leather covered foam puck).  I used to ice skate, but it was more recreational than sport.  I also went skiing a few times.

I do attend some exercise classes at work where we use weights for resistance training, but not body building.  Still, I often can’t do as many reps or have to modify moves (lower intensity or just work the same muscles differently).  Some of this is age related, some to belly fat which squeezes the space where my diaphragm wants to expand, some to tight muscles (hamstrings and lower back), and some to aforementioned problems.  But I do what I can and modify where I can’t.  And I try to do some walking every day, and often en femme.

Lots of sports growing up lots of tennis and skiing basketball, cycling etc.  Now at 63 lots of hiking (going hiking today) lots of road cycling and mountain biking and nordic skiing..

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

That is a wonderfully extensive list to choose from Gaby!  Thanks!

In order… baseball first.  Played for years in various restaurant leagues in years past.  The only sport I could play competantly, and I still have a good, if not ‘gold’, glove.  I LOVE billiards and swimming as well.

And being tall, I would just L-O-V-E to get a cdh beach volleyball team together!! 😃😁.  I’m grinning just thinking about it.

Edit:  I did play Football (soccer!!) As a teen, but my asthma quickly ended that fun ☹

Stevie

Angela Booth
      Hostess

As a kid I played a lot of sport at school, because you had to. I took to a sport that was considered sedentary but, believe me, the energy and physical exertion needed was more than people think.I won stuff to International level, but that don’t impress much.

Aside from that I did running. You show me hard work and I’ll run a mile!

Anonymous
      Lady

I was never interested in traditional sports during school.

When in the military I got to be pretty good at billards and won some tournaments but you have to play all the time to be really good.

Always loved the water and was a lifeguard at the officers pool when in the military. Did a lot of water skiing too. I’m surprised at this time there are only two votes for scuba diving. Its a fantastic magical world underwater and a shame the coral reefs are dying.

Was self employed for many years and sponsored a bowling team a few years but we never won a trophy…. still, it was a fun bonding sport.

During the time of overcompensating my masculinity, I took up archery for hunting game and have gone deer, elk, and bear hunting.

What in the world is “Hicking”??

Gwyneth
        Lady

Me thinks that should be hiking.

Anonymous
          Lady

That would make sense… hiking. I was beginning to think it had something to do with an Appalachian sport like cow tipping… lol

Gwyneth
            Lady

Or like in Cars, tractor tipping!

Anonymous

“Hicking” is a typo, which has been corrected now. I trust you know what hiking is, though.

Anonymous
          Lady

Duh…. please explain

Gwyneth
          Lady

I had to delete and redo my vote to include hiking. That’s about all I do now sportswise.

Gwyn

I played baseball when I was a kid. Then I got into skateboarding and surfing and spent many years being a surf rat. I still have my boards, but they are just wall art in one of my garages now. It’s mostly been golf for the last twenty years.

Twilla Thompson
      Baroness - Annual

As a youngster played baseball in city league. Played intramural sports in the military (flag football, basketball and softball).  Have played hockey and softball since then and currently run 1bout 1200 miles a year and play golf once a week. Mostly 5K to half marathon.

Toodles!

I didn’t play sports in high school but managed the basketball team my freshman year, and managed the hockey teams in my Jr. and Sr. years.  Both were a lot of fun, as I wasn’t the most athletic person.  I hunt fish and shoot as an adult.  I love those sports.  My family golfs like there is no tomorrow, me I have the hook from hell and slice to match!  Not much fun when you ball lands two fairways over.

Anonymous

Hi Gabriela,

I played sports like football and rugby union at school (you cpuldn’t avoid ’em), but being short sighted, I never was much good.

I did enjoy cross country running, good enough to to get picked for regional races (featuring 100s of competitors), but never good enough to feature very high. Sometimes, wet, windswept and wintry, and running in the back of beyond when it was no harder to finish as it was to give up, I got my first taste of masochism.

I’m pleased you gave billiards as an option – it, along with darts, snooker and pool, are all sports / pastimes that you can play with a pint of beer at your side 😉

Chess- is that a sport? It certainly exhausted me playing matches in club league level.

And one of the best things to ever come out of America – Frisbee!!! Used to love it when younger.

Marti xxx

When I was first in school there were only two sports to choose from Rugby/Rugby League in the winter and cricket in the summer! Grass hockey and soccer were for the ‘sick, lame or lazy’!
      Luckily I was very good a cricket…
      Fencing at high school level and became New Zealand champion in two disciplines foil and épée though cricket still loomed large (I only stopped playing cricket at 50)
      Was a ski instructor for 25 years, surfed in the summers, played ice hockey later on and was a competitive cyclist for 50 years…

Phew Polly 🏅

Running and weight lifting.

Diane

Wow what a great question. For me growing up under the learned assumption that manly men were the only ones that played sports it led to a lot of confusion. I played baseball, basketball, raquetball, golf, ping pong flag football and tried every other sport once to see if liked it. And tbh, I was above average in the sports I played. I still play golf, basketball and ping pong. As to the confusion aspect, I struggled with wanting to wear the cute outifts while wanting to play the aforementioned sports. I wanted to be the star cheerleader while being captain of the basketball team (i was one of those…lol). Love this poll and all my cdh athletes!

Anonymous

I used to lift weights and run a lot.  I stopped lifting weights years ago but still have the broad shoulders and thick arms.  That works against me now that I want to look more feminine.  Do all crossdressers go through a phase where they try to deny their femme side? I still try to jog every day but I’m pretty slow due to arthritic knees and artificial hip.

Kerri

Anonymous

Kerri,

Not all, but many do. Many cd/tg individuals join the army, or police/firefighters, as an attempt to bury the impulses to dress. So, you are definitely not alone there.

I would say 99% deny that side of ourselves and most either embrace it to some degree or repress it. Obviously neither point us easy but at least embracing it let’s us feel better, sometimes at the cost of losing loved ones. To me, repressing it was making me lose myself. Thankfully having a supportive spouse and a few friends, whether on cdh or in our personal lives, is a HUGE help. I’m very grateful for finding CDH. Don’t hesitate to reach to people on here.

Anonymous

Jessica,

Thanks for your kind reply.  I have decided not to repress my femme side anymore.  My wife moved out on me and now I’m alone.  I brought my clothes down from the attic and put them in a spare bedroom.  I even have my own makeup table now.  I dressed and did my makeup. Took a few selfies and generally had a nice time.  More fun to come!

Kerri

Gwyneth
            Lady

Did crossdressing have anything to do with her leaving?

Anonymous

Not really. I never dressed in front of her.  She left for a variety of reasons which I’ll refer to as irreconsilable differences.

Kerri

Gwyneth
            Lady

Thx. I’ve been divorced once. Not fun. I’m thinking this is going to cause another.

Gwyn

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>Hi Kerri

I was the same. I lifted weights, ran and cut firewood by by hand and I was huge and 6’6 tall.  I also was running from myself. The worst thing about lifting for me was like you the broad shoulders and expansion of the rib cage from bench pressing heavy weights.

I also tried joining the military but my knees kept me out and I tried religion. I ran very hard from myself.

I was around 27 when I stopped lifting. I realized that no matter how fast or strong I became it was not going to change who I really was. I still had a bit of that muscle when I started to fully dress at age 35. In time it fully faded and I was able to make remarkable changes to my body using diet and old fashioned corset training.

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I’m an avid Ice hockey player. I play twice a week.

I also enjoy lifting weights regularly, snow skiing, scuba diving, and volleyball as well.

I played Football(both versions) in High School and ran track(400M).

Volleyball was my weekend stress release after work and on the weekends for years….

This was a nice, outside the average, question…thanks.

HAve fun out there,

Rayna

ChloeC
      Duchess

I enjoy alpine skiing and besides doing local hills I’ve gone out to Steamboat Springs the last 7 or 8 winters to ski with my son and grandkids. i also play golf regularly with my spouse.  I have an ebike i ride all summer and when i can I enjoy hiking.

I was a bodybuilder and would cut several cords of oak firewood each season with no power tools. I was 6’6 and 245lbs of muscle. I was running away from what I was and I ran so hard I literally ran up mountains.

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

I grew up playing several of the sports options listed in organized leagues, plus the unorganized play that kids used to do around the neighborhood. That was through high school, and even some intramural sports in college.

As an adult, I went back to my favorite sport, ice hockey, and took up officiating to stay involved with the game. I worked youth and high school level games for over twenty years before retiring due to health reasons.

I also officiated lacrosse for three seasons at youth and high school levels. I had to give that up after a knee injury sustained officiating hockey.

So, don’t forget that not only do some people grow up playing sports, but some of us weirdos become officials when we grow up, or grow older.

Anonymous

And others coached our children or others as well! 🙂

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?