• This topic has 6 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’ve wondered what is the difference in wearing and use between a Teddy and a Camisole? I think I have both but not sure when to wear which ,and which item would be used only as under dressing lingerie and that would be used as showing in under an outer outfit like a suit, jacket or low blouse? Could someone enlighten me?

Meghan

Roxie Ritz
      Duchess

I could be wrong but a camisole is the top part of a Teddy. A Teddy is a camisole and panties together as one piece. Just the way I see it. I am no expert on this.

J J
      Lady

The main difference is a teddy has a closed bottom while a cami has an open bottom. Uses can be similar to smooth things under a blouse or dress with the teddy held down by the closed crotch (which often, but not always has snaps.)

These days, teddys tend to be sexy, more intimate garments, while a camisole can be utilitarian or a sexy intimate piece.

A teddy is like a body suit without legs, while a camisole is like the top half of a slip.  A camisole can be styled to wear as a sleeveless top or an undergarment, while a teddy is more intended as sleepwear for times you are doing something other than sleeping.  XO – Julia

Hi girls,

I wear a camisole almost every day unless its quite warm out. Basically it’s a slip that only goes to your waistline. I had heart surgery a couple years ago and don’t wear anything really low cut as there’s a quite visible scar running down my chest area. Most of my camisoles are black and lacy with straps that cover my bra straps. I’ll try to give a link to a picture of my favorite cami.

https://www.cleo.ca/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-product-catalog/default/dwf445bf4d/images/cleo/general_apparel/8291c6134265156_001_1.jpg

Hugs ladies,

Ms. Lauren M

I prefer teddy’s my self they are fun to wear, I like to wear them with a pair of sheer to waist pantyhose and with snaps at the crotch. Some describe them as two piece but to me that would be a cammy and tap pants. I do have some camisole’s it’s hard to find them a bit longer, having a bit of a tummy, the cuter one’s tend to ride up on me.    LOL

Anonymous

Camisoles are just the top part, acting like an upper slip. Really useful when covering up cleavage, or scars, or when a blouse is very shear and you don’t want your bra to show through.

A Teddy reaches down to the crotch area, not fastened down there. Can be useful as a slip for short dresses or skirts as it won’t fall down. More shear and shorter than a nightgown, the modest lady can sleep comfortably in warm weather.

Teddies can have short sleeves, while Cami’s do not.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?