Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author

This site is displaying usernames. A username is half of what is needed to hack. I have had a stalker on this site in the past. Fortunately, that person was banned from the site. But security is serious for me. There is no reason why usernames should be displayed. I have to cancel my Dutchess account until this is resolved. There is just too much risk. Hopefully it will be fixed. I know of NO other site that publicly displays usernames.

Vanessa Law
      Managing Ambassador

Hi April,

I appreciate your message hon and your focus on security. Like many other sites the username is not something hidden.

As an example, when you click on a person in Facebook, you will see their username in the URL bar and Twitter shows usernames in the tweets themselves.

I do hope you’ll reconsider your membership.

Hugs,

Vanessa

thank you Vanessa

i am quite terrified of security… maybe a bit excessive.    However, i did have a stalker from this site and it would be horrid if they ever did find me.   As i believe i indicated, they are no longer here…  at least under their original name.

I will have to think about this.   I may need to change my name or at least user name….

Is there any reason to show them?

anyway, thank you again for your reply.

Vanessa Law
          Managing Ambassador

Of course dear, I understand. We will look into whether it’s possible to hide the username within chat.

We use the username on many parts of the site – for example clicking on your profile will take you to a URL which includes your username. Since your username is the unique identifier on the site, it’s what allows the site to correctly show things like any status updates or photos you share.

We do however take the privacy of our members very seriously, and any threatening activity or harassment is not tolerated. Please reach out to myself or any of the Ambassadors if you ever experience this and we will ensure that the situation is handled.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Chat 2.0 Beta Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?