Viewing 27 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello girls. Does your feminine side control how you react to a scene in a movie. I get very emotional and weepy sometimes while watching. Take the scene in “Pretty Women” when Richard Geer climbs the stairs and embraces Vivian. I find that very powerful and it moves me to tears of joy. Or, when life leaves King Kong’s eyes and he slips away from his one true love. If any girls here get like this, please share your movie moment with me and the rest of our sisters. Hoping to read many replies on this topic.

Hell, I tear up just watching commercials sometimes 😆. Star Trek TNG episode ‘The Inner Light’ always gets me no matter how many times I watch it. Opening scene from The Lord of the Rings when Gandalf shows up at the Shire is another one, and then there’s…well you get the idea.

Molly
      Duchess

Gigi;

I’m in a house of girls (Wife and 3 daughters) and between the 5 of us, I’m the one that cries with movies.  (It doesn’t help that I don’t mind watching Rom-coms with my wife)  At the end of the day they’re all laughing at me visibly crying  at the movie. (I typically don’t make too much noise other that the occasional/frequent sniffle)

Last one was crazy… Old asian slap stick Fung fu movie, called “Kung-Fu Hustle”, cried my eyes out at the end when the hero was reunited with his “soul-mate deaf-mute ice-cream selling” girl.   My wife let me know I was hopeless over that one.

-Molly

Anonymous

Yes, some movies do.

“An Officer and a Gentleman” when Richard Gere carries Debra Winger in his arms out of the factory… Too many scenes in “What Dreams May Come” with Robin Williams, “Somewhere in Time”, way too many…

Gaby ♥

Anonymous

… Pixar’s “Up”, “Coco”, Toy Story 2 (Jesse’s story), Toy Story 3 (Holding hand’s at the recycling plant).

“Million Dollar Baby”, “Cinderella Man”, “Saving Mr. Banks”…

Anonymous

Oh, too many to mention!

There are several scenes in David Walliams “Boy in a Dress” that do that, the series “Gentleman Jack, and most Rom Coms take me through laughter and tears – I love them!

I’ve always been a bit of a girl when it comes to emotional scenes…

Love Laura

Well Gigi,

Where do I start?  I cry at everything.  I cry at acts of kindness,  great music,  christmas movies (guaranteed blubbing)  first kisses,  weddings,  the national anthem, cruelty to dogs and things that make me happy.

It’s nothing to do with femininity, I am just blessed with an excess of empathy and I wouldn’t have it any other way 🙂

Sally x

Rosiebeth
      Lady

Well Ladies

yes. Romance movies bring tears to my eyes and a smile on my face.  I just watched The Goodbye Girl and I cried tears of joy for them.  That’s the best is to get dressed and watch a great movie.  Next up Grease.

Love ya girls

Rosie Beth.

I cry in Ole Yellow Dog and hurt animals. Some pictures of war films/documentary. The worst for me…..even a simple guess of mentioned to see the “The Wall”……cannot be there. Seen no many of these names and burning in my mind saw in death having those boys there.

Dame Veronica

1st Airmobile Medic

Oh, God, yes! For me this is indeed a humiliating trait. In another life, decades ago, I was married, and often found it sooo difficult to hide it from my wife when we watched a tear-inducing movie together. Now, I’ve lived alone for 20+ years, and allow myself to cry with helpless abandon whenever the urge overtakes me.

This poll is only about movies, not TV or plays or music, but still the CDH servers don’t have enough gig for me to list all the movies and scenes that have brought on the tears.

So, I’ll just start by going along with Gigi re “Pretty Woman,” too many scenes to count; Gabriela’s “Officer and a Gentleman” and “Somewhere in Time”; and with Isabelle, the scene when Gandalf shows up in the Shire in Lord of the Rings; and with Bobbi for the “Green Mile.”

And don’t get me started with the Disney movies. Disney songs alone, without the actual movie scene, can turn on the waterworks.

Here’s a sampling from my own DVD library of movies with at least one tear-jerking scene:
      Sleepless in Seattle
      Love, Actually
      Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightly)
      Jane Eyre (Masterpiece Theatre)
      The Sleeping Dictionary
      Serendipity
      Kissing Jessica Stein
      Jenny’s Wedding

I know this is TMI, but I can’t help it — I’m such a chick flick enthusiast! Thanks for the poll, Gigi, and the opportunity to gush on about my favorite films.

Leonara
      Ambassador

What an interesting topic. I am a sucker for a good “chick flick” or a movie like “league of their own” , officer & gentleman, and of course pretty woman”. I don’t think their is any shame in shedding a tear for a good moment in a movie.
      My wife has never commented on my sensitive side.
      Something we have shared together…Leonars

Anonymous

I always cry at the end of It’s a wonderful life with James Stuart, when he is stud with his wife in front of the Christmas tree and all the town come in his house counting all the money they have donated to help him out and then the bell on the tree rings and his daughter says every time a bell rings an Angel gets it’s wings, that always makes me cry x

Rozalyne that is my favorite movie of all time. I cry multiple time when ever I watch it. I prefer the black and white version. I feel it makes the winter scenes seem colder and more effective. The colorized version is just too warm.

Hugs

Leonara
        Ambassador

Me too…Rozalyne, A definite tear jerker

Thanks for this topic Gigi ! It’s a good one !

I Couldn’t begin to count the number of movies I have cried during. Even after seeing the same movie multiple times. So here’s one :

Groundhog’s day….. My wife is my February 3rd. I feel teary eyed just typing it.

Hugs

Autumn

Yes Autumn “Ground Hogs Day” is very moving; love Bill Murray Thank you

Donni
      Lady

Very interesting poll.  I know I’m not qualified to draw a specific conclusion but I can relate to this and see the connections to our feminine sides. I tear up watching alot of movies. I can see how this relates on some level. 💕

Scarlett398
      Princess

Yes and great question by the way. It’s usually a movie with a dog in it that grows old and gives up that unconditional love from the first scene in the movie to the very last scene.

Dogs give us that unconditional love we are always searching for in humans but never can quiet get it from them. The closest I’ve ever come to receiving that kind of love is the love I receive from my sexy redheaded wife named Sandy!

Anonymous

Hey Scarlett , with 3 dogs & a gorgeous wife I relate to what you say 😘 Tiff

I was 22 years old when I rushed our 16 year old cocker spaniel mix, “Buttons”, to the vet after he was hit by a car.  It was in vain and they let me cry for an hour over his body.  God, I loved that dog.  I’m crying now thinking about it all over again.

I feel for you Anne.

Gigi,  it was a morning and wintertime in Milwaukee and my sister and dad had let him outside to do his business.  I was in the basement sleeping.  He was sniffing at a snowbank when the driver hit him and kept on driving.  He was clearly visible against the white snow and at the very least they would have heard the “thud” and could have stopped.  My sister called down to me and I quickly put on my jeans and shoes and a shirt and rushed to his side in the street.  He was convulsing but still alive when I scooped him up and laid him in the back seat of my car and rushed off to the vet.  I wish nothing but a lifetime of misery and agony onto that driver to this day.

That is very sad Anne. Some people are so dam cold

Brings tears to my eyes just reading that much pain and anger. I almost lost my Irish Setter from a driver exactly as you describe, only I happened to be right there…found the closest rock I could and hurled it in rage at the car that hit her. Driver had the audacity at that point to slam on their brakes and get out of the car…you don’t want to f*ck with an enraged animal lover and I started running right towards the bastard ready to rip him to shreds. He quickly drove off.

Thankfully my father was a veterinarian and was able to save her (Collie was her name).

Thank you for sharing ❤️

Wow! Thank you for sharing your feelings and that horrible incident Isabelle.

Scarlett398
          Princess

Gigi, when I have to put one of my Corgis down, I cry for two solid weeks! When one of my immediate family members die, I cry for about 5 minutes!

Don’t hold that against me! You can’t top total unconditional love!

XOXOXO Scarlett

Very well put Scarlett…

Scarlett, I know exactly how you feel.   You give them an ounce of love and they return it ten fold.  What I would do to just bring Buttons back for a day.  To relive a day of running in the field with him, brushing his fur which he loved so dearly, throwing the ball and playing takeaway with him…..

Thanks so much Scarlett. I too am an animal lover. My biggest tears come the commercials on T.V. when animals are beaten and neglected….SO SICK!….

Anonymous

Oh Gigi , I cry at the same , I love animal documentaries ( Sir David Attenborough predominantly ) but I CAN NOT watch them , I understand the food chain but I just find myself unable to stop being upset at animals dying , weakest / injured  being left behind , killed for food. I become a soaked in tears mess , I have to change the TV station even if an ad comes on , it takes only a few seconds to reduce me to tears. 🐨🐇🐎🐅🐃🐧🐦🐔🐒🐪🐐🐋🐝🐞🐜🐌🐹🐺🐭.  😘😘

Those shows do it to me as well Tiff. It hurts so badly that I sometimes become angry….

Anonymous

😔😔 x

Anonymous

😔😔 x

Anonymous

Great question and subject.  It’s funny but not until I read this question did I realize how my femme side has made me much more emotional with movies.  Yes A Wonderful Life is a great Christmas movie and yes brings me to tears every time. Many of the proverbial “chick flicks” I’ve watched many times before just move me now. Perfect example is “Serendipity” with John Cusak & Kate Beckingsdale. When he pines for her in the skating rink then she throws the glove and he tears up seeing her, so do I.  Heck I even find myself in tears when watching the film WALL-E.

But you know what…. I feel more in touch with my femme self by getting emotional over these films… and I love it.

Thank you Taarna. I love it too. Letting go in emotion is an awesome release.

Typically it’s themes of loss, redemption and (re)unification that bring tears to my eyes.  My favorite movie of all time is The Searchers.  When John Wayne picks up a frightened Natalie Wood and says “Let’s go home Debbie”….the tears start falling at that moment because after 5 years of looking, she’s finally going home.  But then my eyes start gushing like a waterfall at the final scene when Mrs. Jorgensen puts her apron to her face and starts crying at the site of Ethan and Martin returning with Debbie.  Laurie, who has been pining for Martin for 5 years rushes to Martin, knowing that the love of her life will now be staying with her.  Debbie is embraced by Mr. and Mrs. Jorgensen who walk with her into the house.  The music is perfect for this final scene and adds to the emotions.  I’ve seen this movie dozens and times and I always cry at these scenes.

Thank you for sharing those wonderful moments with us Anne

Anonymous

Not just films but stories in general. I always get choked up at the ending of Final Fantasy X (he was only a memory and she had fallen in love with him). Or when Dobby dies in deathly hallows (book) it’s so unexpected that he would die. Hate to think how I’d have coped if Arthur Weasley had died at the battle of hogwarts as Rowling had originally intended. Or at the end of his dark materials when Lyra an Will have to leave each other for good so that the world can be fixed. Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo and Juliet tends to get me too at the death scene.

I’m a super sentimental emotional person in drab or fem and I cry at the drop of a hat, so yes I cry and it’s a tad embarrassing when I’m in guy mode.

Not only do I cry at movies, but last summer during the Women’s World Cup soccer matches, I cried hopelessly after every USA goal. But I loved it. It made me feel like such a girl.

Yes, crying makes me feel very feminine Teri. Thank you for responding.

BillieJo Smith
      Baroness

I cry at so many movies it’s hard to list them, actually it’s one of the things my wife likes about me, that I can show my feelings. I actually told her I’m 80% male & 20% female and she accepts it & my dressing. Even helped me shop a few times.

That is so sweet and honest. You are lucky to be married to such a wonderful woman. Thank you BillieJo

Anonymous

I’m a very emotional person and I cry very easily, can’t watch the end of Forest Gump without tearing up. I even cried when Canada wold the gold in hockey at the olympics. Can’t remember which time, there’s been so many.

I cry so often in movies it isnt even funny. My first memory of crying during a movie was when yoda and Darth Vader died in ROTJ. Frida, which is about my favorite painter of all time, tells about the trials and obstacles of her life. She is my inspiration and helped me to accept myself.

I just saw “Judy” and I cried 4 or 5 times, especially at the end.

Omg yes I remember watching the movie with Patrick Swayze ghost I believe it was called when his girlfriend was crying at the end. Also many years ago watching love story with Ryan oneil.with mother and we both went together to see ghost.

Anonymous

I don’t know if I ever related it to my feminine side, but I am definitely moved by certain movies.  Most recently, A Star is Born. I really bought into the characters, and the end was a bit emotional.

Not usually, but “Marley and me” came pretty close at the end.

Yes, that ending touched my heart Michelle. Thank you

JOJO
      Lady

The final scene in the movie “West Side Story” when Maria is holding Tony and they sing “Some Where” always makes me cry.

Many thanks to all you Girls that voted and\or replied to my post Kiss Kiss

That is so sweet Bobbi

Thank you Samantha. No, I haven’t seen that movie. I will look for it though.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Do some movies make you cry?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?