Viewing 23 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi all,

As I’m new to the forums I have tons of questions.

When you are dressing do you attempt to use a feminine voice?  I listen to some podcasts and most women there make no attempt to use a fem voice.  I understand that you don’t want to have the silly sounding Minnie Mouse voice, but to just speak in a regular man’s voice doesn’t seem right either.

Any thoughts on this?

Catherine

Penny Jay
      Lady

Hi Catherine,

As I’m just starting to interact with other people, sales assistants, waiters etc., so I have been attempting a femm voice, still needing lots and lots of practice. Takes me back to younger teenage years when my voice was changing LOL.

Need to dig out the Voice Tools app, have you or anyone else used one?

Not found PennyJ’s voice yet!

PennyJ

Anonymous

Hi Catherine.

As a child I was always ” wound up ” at school because of my high girly voice……now it’s payback time. No problems here….

The amount of times I have answered the phone at work and been mistaken for female…..something I am quite prepared to live with !!!!!

Grace x

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I’ve tried a couple of times. I just sounds ridiculous so far. I don’t go out as Lara though, so It’s not a priority for me.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lara Muir.
      • This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lara Muir.
      Amy Myers
      Baroness

I just pitch my voice a bit higher than usual, and it seems to work. By that I mean it is not unnaturally high so it sounds like falsetto and fake. Fortunately my normal male voice isn’t terribly deep.

I’ve never had any adverse comments about my voice when out and about.

Amy

Anonymous
      Lady

Catherine I do use and have worked at a feminine voice. Is it perfect… oh hell no. Is it usable… better than nothing. I regularly converse with people in public and although I know my voice is not truly feminine I utilize feminine vocabulary and inflection and it is accepted as such. It does take work and practice but it is so worth it to me as one of the touches necessary to present as a lady.
      🍷C

Flower
      Princess

Yes i do i want to be a full woman soon i have to be more feminine.

Not at all. It’s quite obvious that I’m a man in a dress, so disguising my voice is pointless. On the rare occasion I go for a walk with my wife, I’ll try and look a little more feminine, but this is for her sake more than mine. She doesn’t get so anxious if someone passes us. When I’m out on my own, I’m just me in female clothing. I’m fed up of hiding. I am what I am. I refuse to hide in the shadows anymore.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

There are some good voice coaching vids out there.

I do try and soften my voice without it sounding too false. I have asked some friends what they thought and they said I have a quiet voice and it is okay. I have to use the phone a lot due to work. If it someone I do not know I introduce myself first and take it from there. I haven’t got a perfect voice but I have not has any issues. Some callers are aware of the name and I have had a misgendered ‘Thanyou sir’ at the end. That’s life.

As Abe Lincoln said – You can fool all of the people some of the time, Some of the people all of the time but you cannot lead a horse to water………….or was that Stan Laurel….

Anonymous

As Olivia Hardy once said, Stanley, that’s another fine dress you have got me into!!!

Cassie Jayson
          Duchess

HA HA HA HA
          Thanks for the laugh Grace………….Needed it.

. . .Cassie

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Catherine,  I don’t have to try very hard.  I usually talk in my normal voice and I still pass.  My voice is in the alto range which is high man, low woman.   When I do want to sound more feminine, I concentrate on holding my head high, stretching the length of my neck and speaking from the top of my throat.  I try to soften it a bit and make sure there is a lilt in my speech pattern.  Definitely DON’T do falsetto (unless you are tying to sing Emotional Rescue like Mick Jagger).  Practice a bit, and you’ll find your groove.  Good Luck, Hugs, Krista.

I don’t. I don’t really try to pass, just try to look classy. I’ve tried to play with my voice a bit, but it usually just sounds weird. Like you’re trying to hard. Also, when I go out, I usually don’t talk to people anyway.

Anonymous

Hi Catherine,

I was in the church choir until my voice broke, and I never went back afterwards, so never retrained my voice. Now the pitch can be all over the place, sometimes even quite woman-ish, so I know it’s there somewhere. But I’m absolutely not in control, I’ve no idea how it goes there. But as previously said, that’s on the back burner.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Tried, but to me I sound like the Monty Python Spam sketch.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous
      Lady

I’ve always been a low talker and have to repeat myself at times. When I present as female I speak a little softer and try to use words and phrases I think a female would use. I think about how Kathleen Turner or Lauren Becall would sound and try to imitate that speech. Its a work in progress and takes a lot of practice.

Anonymous

Hi Michelle,

Good role models ! I love both their voices

Marti xxx

Hi Catherine,

I worked on my fem voice for a few weeks, but don’t obsess over it.  I have quite a few lengthy conversations with general public (mostly men trying to get in my pants but whatever LMAO).

Anyhow, something I tell people who are trying to work on their fem voice: 1) speak softer and more breathy.  2) speak naturally without the added “man trying to be fem accent” my gay male friends often speak with.  3) To find your pitch, put your hand on your chest and “feel” the vibrations.  In your man voice, you’ll feel the vibrations in your chest.  Once you can speak without feeling any vibrations in your chest, you will have found your “normal” fem voice.

I have so many conversations with people now in fem that I actually have to think about NOT speaking in fem voice while out in guy mode!

It took me a while and a bit of effort, but as I love going out, I took the trouble to learn. Some videos, and lots of practice. I’m still not thrilled with it, but my wife says I pass and there’s no higher opinion for me to meet. We go out and go through shops just chattering away at each other, nobody even looks. At DMV today the nice lady helping me said ma’am and didn’t carry an eye at my voice, but did give me a little look when I showed her my old dl… which didn’t look a thing like me, wonder why? I don’t know what you have to work with in the way of a natural voice, but basically you’ll need to soften it, and perhaps raise it some, but not too much. You may need to slow down a little, and you’ll want to study speech patterns and listen to how women your age in your area talk. Usually there’s a difference.

Just my $.02

Bridgette

Peta Mari
      Lady

I have a loud deep voice. And am tone deaf.

Anonymous

I do use a fem voice.  I have had alot of speech training which has helped.  I have been told it is very good. Like a Sally Kellerman voice.

Anonymous

Use to be pretty good with my fem voice except on longer talks and all. But after my facial surgery and trach shave and some fem voice surgery its pretty natural now. Still suggested maybe some speech therapy if choose to. Feel pretty confident now with out it.

Donna

Anonymous

It’s something I think about and definitely need to work on. When out, en femme, I’ll try to practice a few lines while driving to my destination and sound just ok. But my natural rough male voice always takes over. Yuck!

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hi Catherine!

Naw… I want to look the best I can for my age all dressed to the nines in nylons, dress, leather jacket, and cowboy boots, then pull up somewhere on my BIG cruiser motorcycle, take my helmet off, shake my long hair and say in a deep voice, “Hey, how’s it going, boys!?”

🏍 Barb 😊

I do not attempt a femme/higher pitched voice. When I’m dressed, I’m naturally feminine with my gestures and projection, but affecting my voice feels really odd and unnatural to me, so I don’t do it. My feeling is that if I’m actually close enough to someone to be speaking with them, then there is little chance that they think I’m a GG. Using my natural voice lets them know that I know that I’m not fooling anyone and that I am what I am and I think that might make other people more comfortable with the interaction. Anyway, that is what works best for me.

Nancy
      Lady

Catherine, unfortunately, I naturally have a pretty deep, masculine voice. So, when I’m en femme, I don’t really know how to make my voice feminine, but I do try to speak more softly. It helps when talking to someone in a quieter environment, but not so much someplace loud. I hope to someday find someone who can teach me to speak in a more feminine way, but I’m not there yet.

Birel

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Catherine, I do use a feminine voice when dressed. I practice a lot and I think I’m getting better but I still have a ways to go.

Hugs, Liara

Your dogs names is Twopoos?  Hahaha nice! 🤣

Oh my Catherine, you have no idea. Twopoos is just the beginning of Ms Plumb’s brilliance.  You really must check the archives for her Country Files posts.  And Steph, if you’re reading this, we could really use a new installment just about now.

C❤️

Very very 😢 sad

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?