• This topic has 9 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I want to know, for you ladies who go out en femme regularly, do you change your voice? Have you practiced voice feminization? If you do or don’t, why?

I haven’t had the courage yet to go out, but when I do, I at least want to try to sound as feminine as possible. I am going to start training and practicing.

I’d love to know your experience with this

Hi Vanessa,

I have done some practice speaking in a feminine voice though I have Not had any formal training.

It is really hard to pull off without practicing regularly I think; as even though I do impressions quite well and am a singer with a high register it is the “flow” of tone which is difficult to retrain I find; the pattern of speech.

But I think I do an OK job. Would be interesting if any of you girls identified free resources that were helpful.

Anonymous

It’s really tough unless you are full-time transitioning. I always try to when being out en femme but I’ve accepted that my voice does not pass by any measure. When I first tried this I was overly obsessed with the pitch when it’s actually less jarring having a lower pitched voice so long as it’s more natural. Hard to explain but I’m sure we’ve all(hopefully had the experience of speaking to a woman who had a lower pitched voice than you expected which kind of took you aback but nevertheless did not scream out aloud “that’s a dude”, right?

I do not.  The pitch and timbre of my natural voice is high for a man that I have been confused for a woman since I was a teenager on my voice  alone.  It may be low for a woman, but I am happy with it nonetheless.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Hi, Having a theater background, I have been out in femme,
      although it’s been a long time.
      It’s not about how high you voice is. It’s about how you speak. Remember, Bea Arthur and Cher have very deep voices. You can always practice with Pygmalion and Too Wong Foo. With confidence, support, determination, and above all else love, you can be free to your trueself.

Anonymous

Hi Vanessa, usually I change my voice when I’m going out. I practice some hours a week and you can find videos in YouTube that learn you how to do it

Anonymous

I change my tone not my pitch. I too have a high voice for a man with a kind of feminine lilt. So I just try to soften it up and use more feminine accentuations when speaking. I also find the body language and gestures make it go over.

I have been out and try not to talk to really anybody but I have practiced with videos and make it sound a little more convincing. And just so happens when I was practicing my father phone and I answered the phone and did not realize it was still a bit of a higher pitch and he thought it was my wife I cleared my throat and started talking to him he was none the wiser

I have spent years refining my feminine voice.  It took awhile to learn how women talk more than the pitch or octave of their voice.  I would say I have a “Demi Moore” voice now.

Anonymous

Hi Vanessa,

I try to when I am dressed, but I am far from perfect at it.  Like other girls have stated, there are youtube videos/apps/and other helpful tools out there to help you train your voice.  Good luck.

Jen.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?