- February 21, 2023 at 9:46 am #719779AnonymousInactiveTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
We all know that we love to see pictures of ourselves as women. We do. We take lots and lots of photos and sometimes we share them others via social media and forums (like this one), while other times we keep them in our own private photo album where we can pull them out and look at them any time we want to see the beautiful woman within (because sadly, for most of us, we don’t live as women 24/7, even though we ache to do so). And possibly for a few of us, you’re actually able to have pictures of you as a woman publicly displayed where others can see them.
While I would love to do that myself, I can’t. We all make compromises with our wives/SOs, and this is one of them, as I don’t want to be too “in your face” about my feminine side. However, if I know I’m going to have the house to myself for several days and will be able to dress 24/7 and live as a complete woman, then I might put a few pictures out. It’s nice to see pictures of me in different dresses, or showing places where I’ve been as a woman, that kind of thing.
So of course, that got me to wondering…
Do you display pictures of yourself as a woman where others can see them? Such as a framed portrait in your house somewhere?
- July 4, 2023 at 9:14 am #752238Michelle KentLadyRegistered On: July 2, 2023Topics: 2Replies: 20Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 90 times
I don’t have any photos of me in drab in my place, they are all of Michelle. My mum also has a photo of the two of use on her wall as well
1 user thanked author for this post.
- February 27, 2023 at 11:26 am #721373
- February 26, 2023 at 6:34 am #721124Sarah CarLadyRegistered On: February 25, 2023Topics: 4Replies: 64Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 271 times
Hi , this is the first time I have put a photo that can be seen by other people , all other,s are in a private album , hope to post other pics on here as we take them , look forward to your comments
- February 25, 2023 at 11:57 am #720924
- February 24, 2023 at 1:32 pm #720664J JLadyRegistered On: September 13, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 1110Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 4696 times
While my wife is fine with my dressing, she prefers to keep it quiet, and I respect her wishes for the most part. I am out to few people and while I have nothing to hide, I also don’t need to advertise my dressing.
I do plan to do a quality photo shoot someday, and who know’s maybe I will display the results. I talked my reluctant wife into doing a boudoir photo shoot, and she loved it. She was so proud of the results, and justly so, that she showed her album to quite a few people and we enlarged one for our bedroom that many more people saw (it was relatively modest.) So, who knows maybe the same will happen to me.
- February 23, 2023 at 11:45 am #720397AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I said no but I don’t think there are any framed pictures of me in the house let alone in woman form. Maybe someday?
— Abbie 🥰
- February 22, 2023 at 8:59 pm #720245
- February 22, 2023 at 1:13 pm #720116Dawn JudsonAmbassadorRegistered On: November 26, 2017Topics: 18Replies: 286Has thanked: 673 timesBeen thanked: 1421 times
- February 22, 2023 at 11:04 am #720077Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 18Replies: 1247Has thanked: 981 timesBeen thanked: 5271 times
My answer would have to be a definite yes/no/sometimes. Let me explain.
When working on the Halloween contest, I had on a short white wedding dress that I wore out in my neighborhood while delivering candy (no one comes to my home). The dress is white and quite shiny, but also has some fine details. (I have one public and several private photos here on CDH.) While I was playing around trying to adjust the brightness/contrast to be able to see the details, I asked my daughter to do the same with a different photo editor. She took the photos to work and printed out two 12×16 photos! Asking for advice here, I was told to hang them in my bedroom, which I did (out of sight from any video conferencing cameras).
So this is where my answer comes in. Yes, I have two photos hanging. No, they are in my bedroom so others are not likely to see them (not that I get many visitors). Sometimes, because if I have close family coming over who may come into the bedroom, the pictures will definitely go into hiding.
- February 21, 2023 at 7:15 pm #719927Peggy Sue WilliamsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 557Has thanked: 2133 timesBeen thanked: 2924 times
I keep one photo of myself as a woman displayed where others can see it in my home. It is located over my desk where my laptop is, on a bulletin board. It is a modest size 4×5 inch photo, placed there mainly to remind me to stay healthy and physically fit. I am wearing one my favorite floral dresses.
Most everyone knows I am a CD. In rare instances, someone, who does not know I am a CD, will be curious enough to ask who the lady in the photo is. Reactions vary, when I say it is me.
- February 21, 2023 at 6:33 pm #719912Johannah 66LadyRegistered On: July 1, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 41Has thanked: 328 timesBeen thanked: 207 times
- February 21, 2023 at 4:43 pm #719888JulieLadyRegistered On: March 19, 2021Topics: 25Replies: 212Has thanked: 73 timesBeen thanked: 590 times
Nope. In 2023 I leave no random stuff on my wall or in my studio and there’s no room on my furniture for just random selfies of me as a woman. It’s okay.
2 users thanked author for this post.
- February 21, 2023 at 4:35 pm #719885Lauren MugnaiaDuchessRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 43Replies: 853Has thanked: 18184 timesBeen thanked: 5169 times
I’m a trans woman, legally a female, I am very visible each and every day, at work and doing anything. I am on several sites including this one where I post pictures of myself. I announced my coming out and have posted stories of my transition on my Facebook page, where there are many pictures of myself. I am not ashamed of who I am, in fact I will proudly tell anyone who asks, that I am a trans woman. So there’s lots of photo evidence of who Lauren is. :)
Ms. Lauren M
- February 21, 2023 at 2:15 pm #719854ElaineDuchessRegistered On: September 2, 2015Topics: 38Replies: 209Has thanked: 194 timesBeen thanked: 1060 times
The screensavers on all my devices are of Elaine with head cut off. Whenever someone says something nice about the picture I thank them graciously, then they ask ‘is that your wife?’ No it is me. It stimulates conversation.
- February 21, 2023 at 1:33 pm #719848Fiona BlackBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 23, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 858Has thanked: 694 timesBeen thanked: 3778 times
I do not have any photos around currently but will in the near future. I just got a new phone & it’s camera will replace an old digital camera. And I got a tripod for the phone so I’m looking forward to getting much nicer pix. I would like to have a couple of 8×10’s on display.
- February 21, 2023 at 1:14 pm #719844
- February 21, 2023 at 12:54 pm #719837Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 145Replies: 1434Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 6385 times
No… not intentionally….
Y’see… when I do the the charity volunteer overnight trips I so often talk about here on CDH, I have photos of Caty in Powerpoint slides enclosed in pvc document sleeves. I have a number of these up on walls in the room for “inspiration”.
Last trip I managed to leave one behind. Got a call from the hotel telling me I’d left a “document”in my room.
So I got ’em to post it to me and sure ’nuff”…. One of the shots was one of my “tasteful lingerie” poses. so I’m sure that caused a few comments!!
But then. Some years back, when fully en femme, my room card would not let me in the garage.
So the receptionist had to come out and let me get my car in.
Thus Caty was probably “on file” even before this last visit.
PS I also have lots of photos up in my storage unit. It has a window and there’s a building with windows directly opposite. Most of my clothes can be seen from there, so possibly some photos as well. But then I did make a curtain out of a cutdown shower curtain.
- February 21, 2023 at 12:13 pm #719824ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 797Has thanked: 3143 timesBeen thanked: 3925 times
No, sorry to say, but there are too many people coming around where we live, and while most are reasonably open minded, a few border on questionable alternate lifestyle attitudes. The first two letters of our favorite descriptor seem to be barely acceptable, the following engender more obvious attitudes. Two couples with whom we have spent significant amounts of time and who got along once with the other now don’t care for the other. We generally like all our friends and assume they do us and I love my spouse. I’m not about to do anything that would upset our relationships. If some end as many do, well that’s life, but not on my account.
- This reply was modified 9 months ago by ChloeC.
- February 21, 2023 at 11:50 am #719816MarianneAmbassadorRegistered On: May 20, 2017Topics: 12Replies: 486Has thanked: 345 timesBeen thanked: 932 times
I have one as the home screen of my phone and used to have another as background on my work desktop. As l openly identity as a transgender woman and work and dress at least partly femme every day it isn’t an issue in any way.
- February 21, 2023 at 11:26 am #719810April SinclairDuchessRegistered On: April 29, 2022Topics: 10Replies: 831Has thanked: 10928 timesBeen thanked: 3598 times
The simple answer is no. Thinking about it though it would be nice to have a few but will never happen The wife has never been a fan of photos decorating a home none of her or I not even the grandkids. Great topic though I can wish in my dreams.
- February 21, 2023 at 10:58 am #719804Emily AltManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 125Replies: 1787Has thanked: 2328 timesBeen thanked: 9466 times
This is an interesting question Holly.
I don’t have any photos of myself out in the open. But there’s nothing stopping me. I never put out photos of “him” either when I lived that life. It would seem I have an aversion to seeing myself. I don’t feel that way now but it might have been true back then.
I’ve also noted that I don’t take many photos of myself. I tend to forget. It’s always been that way. As a lifelong photographer, the subject has always been someone or something else. I take hundreds of photos when I’m on a trip. But only a small handful have me in them. I need to work on that!
Thanks for the challenge Holly!
- February 21, 2023 at 10:57 am #719801Rozalyn RichardsLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 1224Has thanked: 1316 timesBeen thanked: 4470 times
Hi Holly no i don’t display any pictures of me dressed up because I’m married and my wife doesn’t know I’m a crossdresser, if i was single then of course i would have lots of pictures of me dressed in all sorts of outfits through out my home, I do have some pictures of me dressed which i printed off my tablet some time ago, they are quite big a size A4 i would love to put them in frames and put them on show,
Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀
- February 21, 2023 at 10:37 am #719798Jenn CuriousLadyRegistered On: April 12, 2022Topics: 3Replies: 53Has thanked: 579 timesBeen thanked: 268 times
I had to choose other. There is a picture up on our mantle of me all dressed up. But it was from a trip we took and got one of those old fashioned pictures taken. Our friend and I dressed up and my wife dressed up as a cowboy.
A funny part of it is that the woman that helped us guys dress even mentioned that my panties matched the dress. Also she commented on how I knew how to wear and put on fishnets properly. :-)
- February 21, 2023 at 10:06 am #719786Angela BoothHostessRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 1880Has thanked: 6388 timesBeen thanked: 8573 times
As most people know now I have pictures of myself in open view. Before I had one or two in quiet corners that were taken in a group so I could say they were a group of work friends, but no one realised and no one ever asked.
- The topic ‘Do you display pictures of yourself as a woman where others can see them?’ is closed to new replies.