Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

High heels, we love them. They come in so many amazing styles and colors, and they make our legs look fabulous! But driving in them can sometimes be a bit diffificult, especially if you’re wearing a really high heeled style.

I’ve found that as long as my heels aren’t over 4″ I can drive in them without a problem. Once I wear higher heels than that though, it gets a bit more tricky, and especially if I’m driving a stick shift and have to use the clutch. So to make it easier when I wear really high heels, I bring along a pair of flats to wear while driving, then change into my really high heels when I get to where I’m going. That way I still look and feel amazing in my heels and I haven’t had any problems driving to get there.

So of course, that got me to wondering…

Do you drive in your high heels?

Hugs,

Holly

Anonymous
      Lady

I drive in flats or tennis shoes, I feel safer driving in those instead of heels especially around big city traffic.

Anonymous

Holly,

I drive a 6 speed manual transmission car and have done so wearing 4 inch heels. It is tricky because the pedals are small and smooth and heels can easily slip off.  I just have to be extra careful when driving en femme.

Kerri

Yes. I find it easy to drive in heels. I drive with both feet(one right off the brake and the other gas) which I believe makes it easy. There is no need for my one foot to move back and forth. Quicker on the brake too.

Holly, even though I can no longer wear them, I never had the first bit of trouble driving in heels. I drove wearing stilettos, wedges, and heeled boots with no difficulties. Perhaps as I have mentioned in other discussions, it was due to my practice of doing my housework, especially vacuuming  in my highest heels.                                                                                                         Hugs! Genivieve💋

Yes, I don’t find it to be a problem. All of 7 cars and 1 truck that I have owned have had manual transmissions. I’ve never owned an automatic. Current vehicle is a 2009 from new John Cooper Works MINI Clubman with a 6-speed.

However, what I find virtually impossible to to do Heel & Toe downshifts: toe on the brake and blip the throttle with the heel or side of the right foot to rev match before downshifting. Due to arthritis, my right ankle doesn’t enough range of motion to do that.

I now drive in heels with little difficulty about town. If I am going long distances I will wear flats. Also I have only owned automatic transmissions so dont need to deal with clutches as some of you

I tried to wear a pair of 2” pumps once while driving. I changed out after ten minutes or so of city driving. Next time I wore them on the interstate and was much easier. But still I wouldn’t recommend driving in heels. This is why women carry soft shoes in a bag to work.

Kimmie
      Lady

I’ve never tried, but I would imagine it being very difficult or nearly impossible if driving a manual transmission vehicle.

On this topic, however, I know personally a CD who was driving while dressed and her heel became caught under the gas pedal leading her to crash the car. For a variety of reasons, this accident made local news that spread a bit widely and she was, effectively, outed.

They are not very high and i put the seat back slightly more.

If my outfit includes high heels I drive in them and until recently every vehicle I drive has a manual trans.

I do have one pair of boots that I don’t drive in and honestly they are the only shoes with heels I own that are not much fun to walk far in either. Sad because they are so cute. Height is about 3 1/2 to 4″.

I have even been to a high end car dealership to test drive a 6 speed manual Porsche I was interested in wearing a very cute dress and 4″ heels.

Sandy

Hi Holly,  I said no.  I can and have driven both sticks and automatics in 3-4 inch heels and boots but like you, I have found that I prefer a simple flat when driving.  For me it’s less hassle and safer.  Then when I get to the venue, I open the door and swivel on my seat and remove the flats one at a time and slide into the heels.  I learned that from some show biz women that I knew and they said that you can stop traffic if you do it right and have the correct extra pieces (mini skirt, black nylons, low cut top, good jewelry, and a hot car).  It’s a safe way to drive and you get a chance to flash your street theater.   It’s most effective in the middle of the day at big events but not good in the dark or tough neighborhoods.  At those times they suggested  that you put your heels in your bag and walk (or run) to the venue in your flats and then put the heels on there.  Safe Journey,  Marg

Anonymous

Hi Marg.

“…and you get a chance to flash your street theater.” So very true, I absolutely LOVE that!! 🙂

Hugs,

Holly

All the world is a stage ……and especially when you are well dressed!   Thanks for this great survey Holly.    Hugs,  Marg

Not only do I drive in heels, I actually prefer it. (I only drive automatic.)

Usually when the opportunity to drive in heels happens, I’m going about an hour to my support group.  I have sciatica and long drives put a lot of pressure on the back of my right leg because you have to hold it out while sitting in low seats.  I find the heels changes the angle of my leg slightly which eases the pressure on the back of my right leg.

If anyone remembers, there was a Myth Busters episode where Adam and Jamie donned high heels and after just a bit of practice were able to drive a manual in an obstacle course in the same time as their regular shoes.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Yes, I have driven in heels, and truth be told, my various cars almost my whole driving life have been with manual transmissions with the stick and extra pedal.  And honestly, it certainly does take some getting used to, having to hit that clutch pedal when needed and especially in those moments where you least expect it and have to do it exactly right.  Just stay focused and practice a lot…when possible. (my six speed is even more ‘exciting’ to drive!)

Hugs, Chloë

Pumped
      Lady

I don’t have a stick shift, but I do drive often in heels. In fact, my last job I drove a lot so I drove in heels often, hundreds of miles a week. As for tall heels I have a couple pairs of six inch heels I drive in often. I have driven in heels so many miles over the years I don’t even think about it.

I wear flats when dressed, so if driving I wear flats too 🙂

When I was younger some of my female friends would take off their heels and put on some flat shoes to drive in – they found it safer.

JOJO
      Lady

I have driven in heels for years including my stilettos and high heel winter boots with no problems. Maybe it has something to do with mastering how to walk in them first before diving with them on. Although I must say that when exiting my car that first step out can be challenging if not done properly.

According to the Italian highway code, it is forbidden to drive with heels higher than 5 cm = 1.97 inches

XOXOX from Italy
      Greta 👠❤️

I can drive better wearing wedges but I can drive in high heels as long as not over 4 inches

Tracy Knoble
      Duchess

Yes, I have driven with high heels. My vehicles all have clutches too. I move the seat back a little and away I go. The high heel I have worn was a 7 inch platform thigh boot. Lmao. I have also driven with 1 shoe on my left foot and my right foot with sock on. This gave me more throttle and brake control. I have also driven home in just socks because my feet were sore from wearing high heel for hours.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Yea and no… 1/. When “out” I wear 2″ block heels, nothing like some of the other ladies mentioned/posted. I’m in the “safer”camp here too 2/. Anything higher… a/. I cant do the “feminine walk” and b/. high heels make my creaky old knees and back sore… I have enough trouble keeping the latter in painless shape without adding to the problem.

Caty.

Kimmie
      Lady

It can be dangerous. I personally know a CD’er who dressed while away on business and went out publicly. One evening, while driving back to the hotel after spending time in a bar, got one heel caught under the gas pedal leading to an accident. The accident was investigated by the police and reported in the local papers. The individual was employed by the largest employer in the area and, upon the news spreading was fired. I have never heard from or about the person since.

I said ‘no’. My primary car is manual transmission car and although I’ve tried it before and it’s fun I don’t now.  Its a little clunky. I’m always afraid about stalling at a traffic light or stop sign. But more so, I’m anxious about losing my proper footing and possibly getting in an accident. It’s not worth the risk.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?