Do you feel empowered when dressed as a woman?

Empowerment

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Yes
  • No
Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Phoebe Smyth
      Participant
      Registered On: February 2, 2020
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 57

In a sense yes. I feel more conscientious toward other people and more driven in becoming a better version of me.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      ❀Chloe❀ Chan
      Participant
      Registered On: May 8, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 11

Not sure about the empowerment part, but I feeel more at peace with myself, a little calmer and more radiant and alive. I always believed I am not exhibiting my full potential living as a guy, but it’s of no use lamenting about it, have to move on and take care of wifey and kid as a family man, haha..

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Autumn Valiant
      Participant
      Registered On: July 14, 2019
      Topics: 28
      Replies: 1080

When I dress I feel empowered to go out, which I am about to do right now.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Alexis Tresse. Reason: add photo

Hope you enjoyed going out!

🌹 Kay

Lovely photo

It turned my frown upside down.

Hugs

Autumn

4 users thanked author for this post.
      DeeAnn Hopings
      Participant
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 509

Yes, without a doubt. It feels like I’m doing what I need to be doing…

Laura Lovett
      Participant
      Registered On: March 26, 2020
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 306

On reflection, yes, I do feel empowered when dressed as a woman – but the whole experience is so sensational, that is, it provides sensations at so many levels, from the feeling of the clothes, which is where it starts, to experiencing the world and other people in a very different and more full-on way.

I notice so many little things that bigger things like empowerment go largely unnoticed.

But when I return to male mode, I don’t waste time in regret that I cannot stay as Laura – that’s wasted effort.

I feel that I have been Laura, and the confidence and other amazing attributes I manage to find as her shine through – even to me acting unashamedly feminine from time to time – it’s a strength, and people quickly see it as that, or are confused by it – either way, it’s an advantage, and it’s empowering to my male side.

Which is jolly useful, as that’s how I have to live most of my life at the moment.

Having Laura time is a blessing to myself and those around me. Looking back over the last 2 years, since I have had regular Laura time, the benefits are plain, and getting better all the time, to quote the Beatles – but only by making the effort.

Love Laura

Mary Priscilla
      Participant
      Registered On: May 23, 2020
      Replies: 32

When I am satisfied that I look as real as possible, it’s not empowerment I feel; its a glorious sense of feeling complete as a woman.  It has only been in the last year that I have been able to achieve a complete dress/makeup appearance, so I miss not being able to dress while the pandemic rages on.

Mary Priscilla

Fatale
      Participant
      Registered On: September 13, 2020
      Replies: 6

I don’t really feel empowered, just prettier. I think women’s clothes are much more interesting and with lots of options

Lucinda Hawkns
      Participant
      Registered On: September 1, 2015
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 1140

when I dress up I feel 100 % impowered  and love it so much wish i could stay dressed up as a female and enjoy the freedom of being a true woman that I should of been

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Cindy Rush
      Participant
      Registered On: June 12, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 16

yeah that kinda sums up Empowered!!!

Stephanie
      Participant
      Registered On: September 14, 2020
      Replies: 8

I don’t think the word empowered really fits for how I feel when dressed as a woman. The best word is just “Happy”…I feel very happy when dressed, in a way that I never really have as a man.

Araminta Purdy
      Participant
      Registered On: January 23, 2020
      Replies: 137

Not so much empowered as different. More myself in a way and often more comfortable. Often happier, more placid and even self-confident. i suppose that is a sort of empowerment.

Araminta.

Cindy Rush
      Participant
      Registered On: June 12, 2020
      Replies: 16

I guess for me the EMPOWERING feeling comes from over coming my fears and allow my true self to be free. If that’s not empowering I’m not sure what is. Once I went into public, Yes I was nervous but the nervous energy turned into pure strength when I walked into the bar. I had a blast and felt as if I belonged.

Sandy Jayson
      Participant
      Registered On: September 29, 2019
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 164

As many here have said, I don’t think empowered is the correct word.  I feel more complete, or satisfied, or just things are just right.

Sandy

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 7

I do feel empowered by the freedom to be who I really am even in the secret realm my true self has expressed herself in when I am alone. Unlike many courageous women, whom I truly admire here, I have not fulfilled my destiny to be a woman in public. I have hidden behind the gay label for years. I think that ironically, this label is actually the last vestige of masculinity that has been holding me back in the world of denial. A few recent events have opened my eyes and I plan to transition very soon! Something as simple as watching a young beautiful trans woman pharmacist a couple of times go about her life naturally and carefree whenever she helps me. That is definitely where I want to be for the rest of my days. A woman plain and simple. In this case there is no need for words like empowered any more. However, this word has a great degree of significance for women that choose to be activists and thanks to them some of us gain the dignity and happiness of just being who we are.

Jessica Charms
      Participant
      Registered On: July 16, 2019
      Replies: 140

I feel more confident for sure, I feel like I can handle anything I try to. Not sure on empowered though. Then again, I’m only dressed in private anyhow.

Jin Crocker
      Participant
      Registered On: November 15, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 249

Oh yes, I am very powerful when dressed girly. I feel that I can do anything and my confidence soars.

Of course, I also feel that way when nude in public.

Mary Ann Summers
      Participant
      Registered On: April 29, 2020
      Replies: 62

I always feel more empowered when going out en femme… I guess I feel like I’m more in my “natural” state.

Patty Phose
      Participant
      Registered On: May 7, 2016
      Replies: 1260

The first time I was dressed fully femme and went to a social gathering was when I was 18 and went to a college Halloween Party. I got lots of attention, compliments and got hit on constantly by both girls and guys.

I was experiencing girl power. It was amazing. I had been on the other side for so long.

Jenny Thigh High
      Participant
      Registered On: August 10, 2019
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 190

Yes.  I absolutely feel empowered.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      patty williams
      Participant
      Registered On: January 19, 2019
      Topics: 62
      Replies: 1105

Hi Cindy I can’t say I feel empowered although I feel like I get more attention as a woman.

I think the word I would use is  “Centered”.

I feel like my whole universe is more centered like this is what I was meant to be.

I would love to spend an extended period of time en Femme to explore this feelings more.

You girls that have the opportunity to stay feminine for long periods are so incredible .

Patty

Stephanie Kennedy
      Participant
      Registered On: March 15, 2019
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 599

I agree with some here. Empowered does not do it or me. A sense of everything is right, calmness and excitement at the same time. I feel good and enjoy being a part of the female world. That is where I feel the most comfort. May be COMFORT is the right word for me.

Luv Stephanie

Kay Anderson
      Participant
      Registered On: June 1, 2020
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 416

I voted yes, although ’empowered’ is not the first word that would have popped up in my mind. Kay is my true self. Who I was meant to be. My male self feels false and fake. Even in male self and dressed in drab, I try to approach life with Kay’s mindset.

Kay Anderson
      Participant
      Registered On: June 1, 2020
      Replies: 416

Hope you enjoyed going out!

🌹 Kay

Sa•man•tha
      Ambassador
      Registered On: January 21, 2018
      Topics: 198
      Replies: 1309

“Empowered” that’s an interesting way of looking at it

I’d have to say yes, definitely

If anything being dressed makes me feel more vulnerable.

Me too, and that’s part of what makes me feel empowered! 😜

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 6

Yes , As a chubby male … nobody ever notices me …. As a Chubby Gurl , The comments just flow …..

Stephanie Green
      Participant
      Registered On: September 12, 2020
      Replies: 40

I can’t say that I feel empowered when dressed en femme.  What I feel is good, in a way that I don’t feel when I’m in guy mode.  I get a sense of satisfaction when presenting myself and being accepted as a woman.

Rachel Williams
      Participant
      Registered On: June 16, 2019
      Replies: 160

For me, it’s not about empowerment.  It’s about the missing pieces of my feminine puzzle that gets put together anytime I dress as Rachel.  I feel whole, at peace and much calmer.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Participant
      Registered On: June 26, 2019
      Replies: 187

Because I freely express both my male self and female self on a regular basis, I feel complete, a whole person.  For years, I lived in fear of my female self being exposed and destroying my career.  That fear led to unresolved stress and internal conflict, which I attempted to alleviate with alcohol.  My alcoholism did, in fact, destroy my career.

Fast forward to the present, I have not had an alcoholic drink since 1991.  I present my female self two to three times a week in public.  Many people know both my male and female self.  I am a Bible-believing Christian and have a supportive wife.

I am empowered both as my male self and my female self.  Coming out of the closet as a CD has empowered me to be complete.

Bettylou Cox
        Participant
        Registered On: May 26, 2019
        Replies: 1334

Very well-said, Peggy Sue; (and I’m glad you kicked the bottle; it ruined my dad’s life.)

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Paula F
      Participant
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Replies: 518

I’m not sure that empowered is the right word, for me anyway.  But it also could be, too.  From the very first time my sister dressed me as her little sis, I have always felt ‘right’ with how I looked in the mirror the very first time I saw myself.  It was a little confusing for me, because the young girl I saw was how I knew I supposed to look.  That was forgotten pretty quickly as I joined the other girls to play with Barbie.

I still feel this way today, 56 years down the road, and I don’t let anyone’s opinion prevent me from being who or how I am.  I do carry myself definitely prouder and more ‘upright’  than ‘ ole grumpy’ does, and I do tend to avoid bad situations if I can.  But, sadly, there are a few people that will not let me sidestep and continue on.  Those types usually find out the not so subtle way that they are entering a bad place to be.  I made up my mind many years ago that no person was ever going take my way of seeing and being myself away, after a couple of incidents, I will always carry my head up and look ahead and not cow-tow and keep looking down.

I feel more confident as Paula, by light years, and know that no one can stop me from enjoying my life as I see and live it.  I live my life as I see fit to do so, within the limits of normal society, but I call the shots for myself.  The experts and self righteous folks can be darned, I did not come with a set of instructions that have to be followed like one of the sheep.

PaulaF

Olivia Livin
      Participant
      Registered On: October 22, 2018
      Topics: 34
      Replies: 1419

Empowered?, I guess so.

Because I truly feel more balanced with allowing my full personality to flourish I have a better measure of self worth and somehow feel better about myself both physically and mentally.

Jenny Jones
      Participant
      Registered On: November 5, 2019
      Replies: 82

Empowered? No. More comfortable? Yes. Happier? No.

If anything being dressed make me feel more vulnerable. As a guy nobody dares mess with the 6 foot tall brooding mass of muscle in steel toed boots. The girl in the rocking blue dress and black shrug? They might. The guy in a dress and high heels? Possibly, it only takes that one asshole that decides to be a jerk about it. Does it mean I am going to let it stop me? No. I am who I am and I am doing what makes me happy.

Have I gained confidence and felt more powerful cause of dressing? Yes. I have lost weight cause I wanted to look better in a mini. I have learned to study people more in the hopes of passing and avoiding trouble. I have become more confident of how I look in a day-to-day progress. But power is fickle and I don’t think I would go that far.

Diana W
      Participant
      Registered On: July 9, 2020
      Replies: 209

I’ve noticed since Diana emerged I definitely have more confidence.  When I have to make a business related phone call I just do it.  I used to have to build myself up mentally first.  Now I just pick up the phone and call.  I also know what I want and how to assert myself more.  So, I would say yes, I do feel more empowered.

Bettylou Cox
      Participant
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Replies: 1334

“Empowered” isn’t the word I would use to describe it, but I do feel good about myself, and that as Bettylou, I’m exactly where I belong.

Alexis Tresse
      Participant
      Registered On: March 27, 2020
      Replies: 65

Falecia McGuire
      Participant
      Registered On: January 11, 2019
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 96

Hello Carla,

A very insightful question!  And, one that would surprise many.  While many women are empowered in their own skins, I believe many women also disrespect the men who find femininity empowering.  In all fairness, men who dress intentionally and fashionably masculine are also frequently criticized.  I can’t actually explain why I find dressing in women’s clothing empowering, but it seems that the excitement of selecting items less for their practicality and more for style contributes to that sensation.  Most day to day masculine clothing offers little opportunity to display a unique personal statement.  Women (and those men who choose femininity) can create an identity around the styles they select and how they are assembled.  I’ve mentioned in previous comments that I frequently dress androgynously in skinny jeans, tunics, and heeled sandals or booties.  I have quite a variety of components that I use in achieving this particular style statement.  I have been complimented by both men and women, some of who, I believe, do not even recognize the femininity.  Once, a man complimented me for my European Look.  It was EMPOWERING!
      FAM

Amanda Burton
      Participant
      Registered On: January 15, 2020
      Replies: 82

Well I don’t feel empowered, I feel free and happy to be the real person I want to be.
      It’s exhilarating to step out of the darkness and into the light, not hide behind the prejudice of others and live in a bubble of fear and often depression.
      So for me it’s just simple me loving me, be me and free to enjoy myself.

Carla Jones
      Participant
      Registered On: May 14, 2017
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 256

I don’t know if it is empowerment or more confident. I know I walk taller and walk more determined when going out as Carla.

Samantha Roarke
      Ambassador
      Registered On: April 17, 2019
      Topics: 37
      Replies: 703

Sort of…. I just enjoy being me!

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.