Viewing 79 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

When Im dress as a woman a sense of power and confidence rushes over me. The few times I went out in public had never felt so empowered.

Sort of…. I just enjoy being me!

Terri
        Duchess

I wouldn’t say empowered, I would just say I am being myself. I started going out in 1978 or 9.

Anonymous

I don’t know if it is empowerment or more confident. I know I walk taller and walk more determined when going out as Carla.

Anonymous

Well I don’t feel empowered, I feel free and happy to be the real person I want to be.
      It’s exhilarating to step out of the darkness and into the light, not hide behind the prejudice of others and live in a bubble of fear and often depression.
      So for me it’s just simple me loving me, be me and free to enjoy myself.

Hello Carla,

A very insightful question!  And, one that would surprise many.  While many women are empowered in their own skins, I believe many women also disrespect the men who find femininity empowering.  In all fairness, men who dress intentionally and fashionably masculine are also frequently criticized.  I can’t actually explain why I find dressing in women’s clothing empowering, but it seems that the excitement of selecting items less for their practicality and more for style contributes to that sensation.  Most day to day masculine clothing offers little opportunity to display a unique personal statement.  Women (and those men who choose femininity) can create an identity around the styles they select and how they are assembled.  I’ve mentioned in previous comments that I frequently dress androgynously in skinny jeans, tunics, and heeled sandals or booties.  I have quite a variety of components that I use in achieving this particular style statement.  I have been complimented by both men and women, some of who, I believe, do not even recognize the femininity.  Once, a man complimented me for my European Look.  It was EMPOWERING!
      FAM

When I dress I feel empowered to go out, which I am about to do right now.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Alexis Tresse. Reason: add photo
      Anonymous

“Empowered” isn’t the word I would use to describe it, but I do feel good about myself, and that as Bettylou, I’m exactly where I belong.

Diana W
      Lady

I’ve noticed since Diana emerged I definitely have more confidence.  When I have to make a business related phone call I just do it.  I used to have to build myself up mentally first.  Now I just pick up the phone and call.  I also know what I want and how to assert myself more.  So, I would say yes, I do feel more empowered.

Empowered? No. More comfortable? Yes. Happier? No.

If anything being dressed make me feel more vulnerable. As a guy nobody dares mess with the 6 foot tall brooding mass of muscle in steel toed boots. The girl in the rocking blue dress and black shrug? They might. The guy in a dress and high heels? Possibly, it only takes that one asshole that decides to be a jerk about it. Does it mean I am going to let it stop me? No. I am who I am and I am doing what makes me happy.

Have I gained confidence and felt more powerful cause of dressing? Yes. I have lost weight cause I wanted to look better in a mini. I have learned to study people more in the hopes of passing and avoiding trouble. I have become more confident of how I look in a day-to-day progress. But power is fickle and I don’t think I would go that far.

Empowered?, I guess so.

Because I truly feel more balanced with allowing my full personality to flourish I have a better measure of self worth and somehow feel better about myself both physically and mentally.

I’m not sure that empowered is the right word, for me anyway.  But it also could be, too.  From the very first time my sister dressed me as her little sis, I have always felt ‘right’ with how I looked in the mirror the very first time I saw myself.  It was a little confusing for me, because the young girl I saw was how I knew I supposed to look.  That was forgotten pretty quickly as I joined the other girls to play with Barbie.

I still feel this way today, 56 years down the road, and I don’t let anyone’s opinion prevent me from being who or how I am.  I do carry myself definitely prouder and more ‘upright’  than ‘ ole grumpy’ does, and I do tend to avoid bad situations if I can.  But, sadly, there are a few people that will not let me sidestep and continue on.  Those types usually find out the not so subtle way that they are entering a bad place to be.  I made up my mind many years ago that no person was ever going take my way of seeing and being myself away, after a couple of incidents, I will always carry my head up and look ahead and not cow-tow and keep looking down.

I feel more confident as Paula, by light years, and know that no one can stop me from enjoying my life as I see and live it.  I live my life as I see fit to do so, within the limits of normal society, but I call the shots for myself.  The experts and self righteous folks can be darned, I did not come with a set of instructions that have to be followed like one of the sheep.

PaulaF

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Because I freely express both my male self and female self on a regular basis, I feel complete, a whole person.  For years, I lived in fear of my female self being exposed and destroying my career.  That fear led to unresolved stress and internal conflict, which I attempted to alleviate with alcohol.  My alcoholism did, in fact, destroy my career.

Fast forward to the present, I have not had an alcoholic drink since 1991.  I present my female self two to three times a week in public.  Many people know both my male and female self.  I am a Bible-believing Christian and have a supportive wife.

I am empowered both as my male self and my female self.  Coming out of the closet as a CD has empowered me to be complete.

Anonymous

Very well-said, Peggy Sue; (and I’m glad you kicked the bottle; it ruined my dad’s life.)

For me, it’s not about empowerment.  It’s about the missing pieces of my feminine puzzle that gets put together anytime I dress as Rachel.  I feel whole, at peace and much calmer.

Anonymous

I can’t say that I feel empowered when dressed en femme.  What I feel is good, in a way that I don’t feel when I’m in guy mode.  I get a sense of satisfaction when presenting myself and being accepted as a woman.

Anonymous

Yes , As a chubby male … nobody ever notices me …. As a Chubby Gurl , The comments just flow …..

Anonymous

[postquote quote=383144]

Hope you enjoyed going out!

🌹 Kay

Anonymous

I voted yes, although ’empowered’ is not the first word that would have popped up in my mind. Kay is my true self. Who I was meant to be. My male self feels false and fake. Even in male self and dressed in drab, I try to approach life with Kay’s mindset.

I agree with some here. Empowered does not do it or me. A sense of everything is right, calmness and excitement at the same time. I feel good and enjoy being a part of the female world. That is where I feel the most comfort. May be COMFORT is the right word for me.

Luv Stephanie

Hi Cindy I can’t say I feel empowered although I feel like I get more attention as a woman.

I think the word I would use is  “Centered”.

I feel like my whole universe is more centered like this is what I was meant to be.

I would love to spend an extended period of time en Femme to explore this feelings more.

You girls that have the opportunity to stay feminine for long periods are so incredible .

Patty

Yes.  I absolutely feel empowered.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

The first time I was dressed fully femme and went to a social gathering was when I was 18 and went to a college Halloween Party. I got lots of attention, compliments and got hit on constantly by both girls and guys.

I was experiencing girl power. It was amazing. I had been on the other side for so long.

Anonymous

I always feel more empowered when going out en femme… I guess I feel like I’m more in my “natural” state.

Oh yes, I am very powerful when dressed girly. I feel that I can do anything and my confidence soars.

Of course, I also feel that way when nude in public.

Anonymous

I feel more confident for sure, I feel like I can handle anything I try to. Not sure on empowered though. Then again, I’m only dressed in private anyhow.

Anonymous

I do feel empowered by the freedom to be who I really am even in the secret realm my true self has expressed herself in when I am alone. Unlike many courageous women, whom I truly admire here, I have not fulfilled my destiny to be a woman in public. I have hidden behind the gay label for years. I think that ironically, this label is actually the last vestige of masculinity that has been holding me back in the world of denial. A few recent events have opened my eyes and I plan to transition very soon! Something as simple as watching a young beautiful trans woman pharmacist a couple of times go about her life naturally and carefree whenever she helps me. That is definitely where I want to be for the rest of my days. A woman plain and simple. In this case there is no need for words like empowered any more. However, this word has a great degree of significance for women that choose to be activists and thanks to them some of us gain the dignity and happiness of just being who we are.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

As many here have said, I don’t think empowered is the correct word.  I feel more complete, or satisfied, or just things are just right.

Sandy

Anonymous

I guess for me the EMPOWERING feeling comes from over coming my fears and allow my true self to be free. If that’s not empowering I’m not sure what is. Once I went into public, Yes I was nervous but the nervous energy turned into pure strength when I walked into the bar. I had a blast and felt as if I belonged.

Not so much empowered as different. More myself in a way and often more comfortable. Often happier, more placid and even self-confident. i suppose that is a sort of empowerment.

Araminta.

Sophie
      Lady

I don’t think the word empowered really fits for how I feel when dressed as a woman. The best word is just “Happy”…I feel very happy when dressed, in a way that I never really have as a man.

Anonymous

yeah that kinda sums up Empowered!!!

when I dress up I feel 100 % impowered  and love it so much wish i could stay dressed up as a female and enjoy the freedom of being a true woman that I should of been

Fatale
      Lady

I don’t really feel empowered, just prettier. I think women’s clothes are much more interesting and with lots of options

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

When I am satisfied that I look as real as possible, it’s not empowerment I feel; its a glorious sense of feeling complete as a woman.  It has only been in the last year that I have been able to achieve a complete dress/makeup appearance, so I miss not being able to dress while the pandemic rages on.

Mary Priscilla

On reflection, yes, I do feel empowered when dressed as a woman – but the whole experience is so sensational, that is, it provides sensations at so many levels, from the feeling of the clothes, which is where it starts, to experiencing the world and other people in a very different and more full-on way.

I notice so many little things that bigger things like empowerment go largely unnoticed.

But when I return to male mode, I don’t waste time in regret that I cannot stay as Laura – that’s wasted effort.

I feel that I have been Laura, and the confidence and other amazing attributes I manage to find as her shine through – even to me acting unashamedly feminine from time to time – it’s a strength, and people quickly see it as that, or are confused by it – either way, it’s an advantage, and it’s empowering to my male side.

Which is jolly useful, as that’s how I have to live most of my life at the moment.

Having Laura time is a blessing to myself and those around me. Looking back over the last 2 years, since I have had regular Laura time, the benefits are plain, and getting better all the time, to quote the Beatles – but only by making the effort.

Love Laura

Yes, without a doubt. It feels like I’m doing what I need to be doing…

[postquote quote=383363]

Lovely photo

It turned my frown upside down.

Hugs

Autumn

Not sure about the empowerment part, but I feeel more at peace with myself, a little calmer and more radiant and alive. I always believed I am not exhibiting my full potential living as a guy, but it’s of no use lamenting about it, have to move on and take care of wifey and kid as a family man, haha..

In a sense yes. I feel more conscientious toward other people and more driven in becoming a better version of me.

Anonymous

I love all the different views on here.

Rebecca Leeann Allen
      Baroness - Annual

yes, I do feel empowered when dressed as Rebecca

Yes I feel very empowered when dressed as woman.

I feel at peace with the world and feel am I being true to myself.

I feel very empowered as Davina its pure escapism its so hard to explain

Easy.  Lord yes.   I also feel women loose a lot of their power over me.   I hope that makes sense.   💋

Anonymous

Such a wide ranch of views.

YES!!!!!

Hugs and Kisses to ALL the beautiful girls out there!

Adrii

Yes absolutely. The feeling of being empowered starts when I start putting on my makeup. Transitioning from male to female so I can be the person that I am meant to be I go from being a average looking guy into a great looking girl who has the confidence to be a lady and do whatever I want to do When I leave my house dressed en femme I get the feeling of being empowered and want people to see that I’m a confident girl and I try to show that I have the confidence to do whatever I want to do as Janine.

Oh certainly. The moment I slip into a bra and panties I know I am in a place Iwant to stay.

Anonymous

Ria I just got dressed and can feel the power flowing through me. Cant wait to have my night

Anonymous

I feel empowered but passive.  I develop a personal that is more gentle.  Calm.

Yes, I’ve prepared for interviews and presentations as my femme self because it makes me feel empowered!

Anonymous

YES YES YES

Anonymous

Not sure I would say empowered. I do feel better about myself. I do feel happy and feminine.

I started dressing again because I was very depressed, and even though I can’t do it everyday, everyday I think about it and plan for the next time.

Leah
      Baroness

not sure I woudl call it “empowered”  but is is relaxing and enjoyable

Anonymous

So then it does impower you. It gives you the power to come out and be you. Sounds like empowerment to me. XOXO…

Anonymous

Hmmm 🤔 for me, being Stacey Danvers gives me a kind of release from the normal world and transforming into the crazy woman I am makes me the complete opposite of my alter self, he is shy quiet not very confrontational and lacks confidence, once I came out to replace him, I am full of confidence ready to go and ready to do anything and my personal confidence shoots way over the level, I’m just here now biding my time ready to rise again, each time I am here I got so wild with my audiences and every comment from them drove me on to try better myself and what next I could do to push my audiences up, 😢 how I miss those times but yes in answer to the question I definitely find a heightened sense of impulses when I’m here.

Stacey 💋

Certainly feel more feminine and more me. I feel more comfortable and sensual. I go the other way for sure. I feel much more submissive. Just how Jill rolls.

Sweet pink kisses

jill

Anonymous

yes

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

When I go out in public, I feel empowered and validated. It’s intoxicating!

Yes I totally do!
      Hugs
      Diane

I’ve only been out past the garden gate once, and the part of me that is Bridgette felt powerful, alive, awake, and amazed all at once. The other part of me enjoyed being along for the ride. I can’t wait until the next opportunity to go again, and wish there were more of them.

Anonymous

I feel empowered and free. Right now, as Annaleigh, I don’t think I’ve ever felt more free. My only issue is not having an actual outfit, just a slip and panty hose.

Anonymous

You will get there! Its just a matter of starting with lingerie and go from there! I started with just one pair of tights and now I’ve got more krissy clothes than chris clothes 🙃

Anonymous

I’ve got one now. Annaleigh went and got 2 new pair of tights as I ripped the first pair. Plus, she went and bought herself a new little black dress from Torrid. She femmed out as best she could all day after that.

Anonymous

Yes, I do feel empowered.  I too get a sense of power and confidence.  I didn’t always get those feelings though.  When I first started dressing, I felt strange and weird.  For me, the confidence came the first time I really embraced my femininity and had the courage to show it to the rest of the world.

Anonymous

As soon as I pull on my hold ups I feel like a powerful woman and it gives me such joy sliding my feet into my high heels and the feeling when you walk in them wow feel electric 

C

Hi,

The voting appears to have ended, or maybe just my browser again?

I feel empowered when out if empowered is the right word, I’m just me when I’m out and that’s how I feel! I walk confidently, I smile more and I feel relaxed.

S

Anonymous

I feel comfortable and more natural when dressed.

Jennifer

At first going out most girls are too nervous and filled with anxeity but over time you get comfy with it and feel natural. That is when it becomes empowering. You can be the person you were meant to be and now your relations with other men and women change for the better. It remains a thrill and exciting to feel you pulled it off. I feel bettter about myself relating now as a woman and dont think about it as it becomes more natural.

Yes, very much so! I had a Zoom meeting today with some colleagues, camera off but totally dressed, and it was the most amazing feeling! I was strong, confident, and happy. I can’t say enough about how energizing the experience was!

Hugs,

Ginny

Anonymous

That is a fabulous idea. I’m glad it went well

sounds amazing ginny. being a very paranoid person myself, i would have to put a band aid over the camera just in case!

Hi, Sweet Sandra

I can’t lie – it was totally nerve-wracking! I kept my eyes on the camera icon the whole time, double and triple checking, but well worth the rush, the fun, the joy. Ginny was in control. I loved it.

Hugs,

Ginny

dear  ginny

you are so brave. delighted it worked so wonderfully well for you darling.

love

sandra

I had a very eye opening experience today while I was endrabbe’.

I had to go to Amarillo this morning with very short notice, so I did not have time to get changed and made up before I had to be on the road and at destination (it’s an hour drive from my home.).

Once my mission was done, I was only blocks from the big mall there, so I figured I would run into Torrid and tend to my monthly,  no Grace, not ‘that’ monthly, as it had just come due.  The usual opening girls were there putting away new things that had just arrived, and they just kind of looked up and told me to look around and ignore the mess and ask if I needed help.

I walked over to the register to wait to make my payment and stood there for a couple of minutes.  Of course I was endrab with a face mask on, and the manager kept looking up and I could tell she was trying to figure out why I was maybe familiar.  Then the light came on.

Both of them became very apologetic when they realized it was me, and once I had made the payment, they took me over to the new stock they were putting out and we proceeded to go through all the new things.  I ended up spending $89 on a sheer blouse and cami (required because of how sheer the blouse is, and very beautiful black cotton, mid calf skirt that is cotton lace from my knees down to the hem. (Very Stevie Nicks, Steve S.)  It was so awesome to be able to be the first in a town of 200,000 to know I had some of the newest fashion in town, and it was mine.  LOL

So, it just proves that if the sales girls know your femme side, you WILL get much better service than if you go to shop endrabbe’.  So now girls, the proof is there, all we need now is your courage and a good dose of pink fog and go shop to your hearts content.

YOU have the power inside, bring it out!!

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Paula F.
        Anonymous

I love the story and completely agree. If you don’t have some kind of confidence in your self you will always hide and not ever fully enjoy your inner woman. We all have her so let her out.

Love going to Torrid too. Have several bras and tops from them

As I slowly peak out of the closet, I begin to feel more confident. Once the confidence is there to present to at least part of the public, I’m sure that empowerment as a woman will follow.

Started with a gender counselor virtually about a month ago and have been able to have two video conferences fully made up and dressed. His first words when he saw me… were “oh… you look good Laura” and that put me totally at ease. I spent probably too much time picking ou outfits and lipstick shades… etc for the two video chats but preparing for the sessions as so much fun.

Last session was supposed to be a video session, but circumstances changed and I took the call from my car. I had an outfit picked out and everything. I was disappointed of course, but still felt the feminine rush overcome me as I spoke and I have been totally uninhibited.

Part of being uninhibited was being able to be dressed and seen during the sessions. I worked my way up to that by first doing an audio session, but fully dressed. I can feel my confidence grow and yes….a feeling of empowerment. Not totally there yet, but excited about the prospects.

I can sure make a short story long….. but it was a good question and I see where all the girls are coming from. I answered yes….

Anonymous

I love the response xoxo

Anonymous

Empowered so much, i just love that feeling as the stockings slide over my super smooth legs 🦵

Anonymous

I Love reading all the different responses

Anonymous

Yes I do. Being able to get away from the world as a male and Shape shifting into a woman is pure power.

Anonymous

There’s nothing like the power of a woman

Cindy my Sweet… there is nothing like the power of a confident woman! Add that to our hidden male privilege and we can be unstoppable!

Powerful Polly for President xxx

Trisha
      Duchess

More like femmpowered. 😃

💋

Trisha

Anonymous

How can one not feel empowered? But more than that, I feel free and gorgeous.

For me, it is like finally getting out of the workplace monkeysuit on Friday and putting on that comfy pair of shorts and a t shirt. When I can finally dress and go out I am positively giddy with joy and excitement. Over the last year I have become less and less concerned with passing and just enjoyed the power of finally being me. Don’t get me wrong, I still try very hard to be the best femme self I can be, I just don’t let it limit my experiences out and about.

Dawn Star
      Lady

I Believe I am most empowered when I run as a woman and get comments such as way to go babe or looking good. 🙂  I have some great photos of me running as a girl I will post soon.

Anonymous

I am not sure about the word “empowered.” As a woman, I  feel introverted. I do feel congruent as a woman, like this is the way that I should have been born.

Anonymous

So interesting! I’m the opposite. No interest in going out as a guy and voluntarily interacting with others. Happy to stay home with family, play games, watch sports, etc.

As a girl, I’m DYING to go out. Dying to interact. Dying to feel the world as a woman. I had a few years of it awhile back, and it was wonderful. I’m far more chatty and uninhibited in girl mode. I think my way of being is more dangerous than yours! Lol.

As for empowerment, accessing and projecting my feminine side made me more keenly aware of how powerful femininity is. How influential. I love it. Just as powerful as masculinity but in a totally different kind of way.

God bless,
        Steph

Anonymous

I would agree with the power of femininity! And I feel more joy and happiness as a woman. I just feel like a shy and quiet girl.

Remember the old saying “She who has the pu$$y makes the rules!” 🤣 yes theres something so awesome about being a confident woman and knowing youre hot as lava!

Viewing 79 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?