Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Hippie
      Lady

I really don’t know how to say this. I been here long enough. That I feel comfortable enough here to talk about a touchy & tough situation many of us face.

Many of us face a grey area in life & I’m no exception to that. (I know I’m beating around the bush, but this is hard for me to even type this out)

I am so glad many of us can walk freely in the world now days, but something just started to bug me and get under my skin.

Take for example a beer manufacturer and a department store chain jumping on very sensitive & touchy bandwagon.

Like why couldn’t they just out stayed out of the whole subject altogether and just stick to what they do best.

Now do you support them or do you boycott them? That’s where the grey area is for me.

Part of me wants to support them to help make it easier for us in the world in the future.

But on the other hand I want to boycott these corporations for the same thing their showing support for and kept it the way it was yrs before.

And for me as androgynous crossdresser that dresses openly and very publicly. I feel caught in the middle of all this political BS.

I want to stay out of both sides of the debate, but when I try I feel like I’m a trader to each side.

I’m not here to ask for someone to tell me to choice a side or anything like that.

But what am I’m asking. Do you feel sometimes you’ll feeling like caught in the middle of all this mess to?

Hippie

Harriette
      Lady

Corporations try to appeal to as broad of a spectrum of customers as possible for a good reason – to make more money. It is their fiduciary responsibility.

If you are going to get upset by anything, start there and not with the other details.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’m gonna echo Sam’s response that I can’t speak openly here.  Suffice to say I’m not a threat to anyone and would like to be treated as such.

In regard to the companies that have ventured into political waters, it’s easy to take a cynical view of their motivation.  Sure, there’s some profit driven capitalism at play.  I also believe these companies want to boost morale in their workforce.  Many of them have a significant number of queer employees.  When you know your employer has your back it makes a difference.  Happy employees are more productive and are easier to retain.  Corporate indifference has the opposite effect.

I personally have no problem with what they’re doing.

/EA

When it comes down to a business selling something, it is for profit. They believe they can sell more.

The political part comes from the people who make up the market. It’s like complaining about politicians. How do you think they got in power? We put them there? Want change? Get involved. There are too many sheep just going along with the crowd. Don’t blindly follow others in fear. Think before you act.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right ….

J J
      Lady

I do not have the least bit of a dilemma here, I simply side with any company that believes in inclusiveness. While I will not buy a product because of their favorable response to be inclusive, I didn’t drink Bud light before, nor after, it is horrid stuff, but I will support Anheuser-Bush.

It is not always easy doing the right thing, but doing the right thing is always the right thing to do. Ignoring intolerance is almost as bad as activity supporting it.

Personally, I don’t have a problem with attempts at micro- marketing to targeted demographics. I really don’t see the hubub about the retailer you mentioned, until you get to the details of the PERSON the designer is. The designer was a real piece of work that multiplied and reinforced the negative responses to the issue.

The brewery, IMHO, also should have chosen a better suited partner for their attempt. Unfortunately they chose a divisive PERSON that shocked their base market way more than a more more moderate personality would.

I think targeted micro-marketing needs thorough research of all parties and entities involved, otherwise these types of issues will continue to have a positive try with negative outcomes.

Perse
        Lady

I feel this is corporations doing what corpoations always do. The gay market was chosen the Green market was chosen.
        Now it is the Trans market. It is all very well thinking that these people may have some sort of Epiphany but in reality it is all marketing.
        They are corpoations. They have no conscience. They have only one goal and that is the bottom line and how much renumerations should be paid to their shareholders. As this site is predominately populated from those of us from the US, I find this all the more surprising.
        They do not care about us. They do not care about anyone. They only care about profit and somehow we got involved with some algorithm.
        Sorry for the rant but don’t fall for the hype. Choose a more reliable messanger like for example a shoe salesman

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

Umm….I think your rant is overly cynical and inaccurate.

Sure, there’s plenty of capitalistic opportunism in the corporate world.  There are also plenty of companies that care about their LGBTQ employees and the greater LGBTQ community.

The Human Rights Campaign does an annual report of good and bad companies.  Three of the companies currently receiving backlash – Anheuser-Busch, Kohls, and Target –  get high marks.  See for yourself.

https://www.hrc.org/resources/corporate-equality-index

Instead of condemning these companies as heartless greedy opportunists, we ought to be commending them for taking a stand against systemic inequality.

/EA

Perse
            Lady

Definitely cynicical. I’m in Europe and some of us here have a slightly different take from our cousins in the US about the intentions of  Multi national corporations. That is why we have protected our workforces from the excesses of these corporations. We have actual workers rights here not benefits that might be sold to attract potential employees

I am very sorry if this post has went beyond the purpose of this group but I felt I was answering to a direct question

If when your marketing your product you employ the services of a controversial person, it can go either way for them it was negative. However the marketing dep’t did it’s job it got everybody talking about there product, unfortunately it backfired on them “tough luck”. For me personally if I like something good or bad marketing is irrelevant, as for the controversial person she did what they hired her for.
      Who cares you lovely people here are more important.
      Sarah xx

I support them myself. They know they are taking a stand when they advertise. Remember the beer company only did it on line, not on-air. Big difference. I doubt that anybody that wants to boycott this company never came across that commercial on a feed they view. They heard about it, searched for it and then raised hell about. I had never heard of the person they are worried about pushing beer. Sorry but I’m not a tic-tocer. Most people don’t even care who she is. (I just wish I could look that good!)
      That part of our society tends to be louder and more obnoxious about things THEY don’t like and believe everybody should think as they do. If a store wants to sell PRIDE clothing, let them! It’s it’s their store. They sell what they can make a profit off of. if anything, I now know where I can buy some pride apparel for my daughters partners birthday!
      I’m sorry but No one has the right to say what company or person can and can’t sell items to someone. I’m sick of living through this retro 1960’s crap all over again! Please stop with the “Do as I want, not what you think you want.”
      Okay I’ll get down from my soapbox.

Hippie
        Lady

Thank you for sharing your thoughts

Hippie

I try to never be influenced by the masses. The boycot suggests to me how little backbone some people have by letting others dictate how they feel. So afraid what someone else might think. I’ll get you a Bud and we can talk about it.

Hippie
        Lady

Make it a case, I tend to drink a lot hahaha

Hippie

I’m mindful of the recent reminder about politics on this site.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?