Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello Ladies,

How many of us feel as though we were born too early based on todays more accepting society?  I know there have been plenty of times that I wish I could  have been born 30 or 40 years later in life, so that I could have taken advantage of todays acceptance while in my youth.  Although for me, the older I get, the less I seem to care anymore…Vanessa wants out and she gets out!  I do feel in some ways that I have been cheated by having to hide in the shadows for so many years.  I am curious how many of you feel the same way.

That’s a tough question.Not sure whether to answer yes or no.Yes in the respect that people are more tolerant of crossdressing now.Maybe if I was a youth today I woukd be able to open up to a liberal minded genetic girl who could help me with my clothes.On the other hand the world isn’t quite the same as it was when I was a teenager in the seventies.The world itself is not as nice as it was way back then.I am blessed that my wife is supportive of my feminine side.She often says that there really isn’t anything wrong with it and there is no harm in it.She hasn’t always held these views,she was initially repulsed but I have told her so much about my long crossdressing history and how important it is to me she now has a greater understanding.My late mother and father who were wonderful parents would never understand it.

Roberta,

You have presented some really good points of which I can relate.  I also have a wife that is extremely understanding of my feminine side.  It appears that some of “today’s” parents seem to be someone more understanding and tolerant.  HRT and SRS surgery seem to be happening for teens and young adults that I would have never imagined in the 70’s.

Thank you so much for the input.

Vanessa

Barbara
      Lady

In a perfect world I would have been born into an accepting world back in the 20’s & 30’s. Darling those dresses and hats have always caught my eye!

Barbara

No question about it.  I am an emphatic “YES”.  So much has changed socially in terms of more/better acceptance.   And then there is the medical aspect of it.  Now there are supplements and hormones one can take to feminize themselves as much as they desire (for the most part).  I suppose every generation feels this way with all the advances in technology.  Given all the changes our parents and grandparents saw, I’m sure you could ask them the same thing and I’ll bet most would answer yes as well.  Not all of us would wish this but for me….maybe some day they’ll create a pill that would allow my male anatomy to change to female.   I just feel there are so many changes yet to come.

Jane Doe
      Lady

I’d like to have my current brain in a much younger body, otherwise I’d likely have to learn from a lot of mistakes all over again.

Anonymous

If I had been born in 2000 not 1970, I would be 19 now, and I suspect I would be well on the way along the HRT path in a more accepting and (medically) better environment for trans people.

As it is… My life went another route.

Imogen X

That’s kind of what I feel as well. Thanks for sharing.

Marianne
      Ambassador

In a way I must answer both yes and no. Being transgender is much more accepted in today’s society and information and resources are plentiful and rather easy to come by. However the everyday world has become a much harder and often brutal place that was merely unheard of in my childhood. I know it is never too late to start the journey, but it would have made so much more sence starting it young.

That’s a view I hadn’t considered, thank you for you viewpoint.

I was born in 1951, too young for ‘The summer of love’ and ‘Woodstock’ and missed Vietnam buy that much. But the late 60’s early 70’s I believe were one of the best the times to grow up, the cars were awesome, horsepower was king. Mid 70’s magazines were full of articles of running out of oil, gasoline and the next ice age, which was to have come by now, the radio was blasting amazing rock, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Led Zeppelin and on and on. As for my crossdressing back then, I used to wear my ex’s clothing without her knowledge and it was a huge decision to just get one ear pierced. Still I would never wish to be born any later.

Most, very most definitely!!!!

Anonymous

I feel like we might be asking the same question in 10-15 more years from now.  I like to be optimistic about the human race.  When the world is faced with a problem, it seems we always adapt and overcome. The world is continuously becoming a better place. Sure sometimes we back slide a bit, or get off track, but I think in general people always want to leave things better than the way they found it. I know, I know, a few bad apples can spoil the bunch, but that shouldn’t let you detract from the big picture.

I think I was born in a gtreat time period right after work ww2. Ours was the last generation of true freedom.           DVG

Definitely Vanessa – as you say, in todays more tolerant society, I could have got to were I am today much quicker, and be thirty years younger.

Also, when I first started, the two greatest tools for crossdressers (digital photography and the internet) were still a distant dream.

Oh to be twenty again with what I know now………

Oh god yes, If I would have been born much later, it would have saved me from so much direst. I would have realized that there was nothing wrong with me and my life would have been totally different.

I would have transition by now and live my life as a women and maybe just maybe married and try to raise a family (adopt).

Maggie.

That is exactly how I feel and I would love to be wife and adoptive mum.

This really is the best of times and the worst of times.

As climate change has been mentioned, we don’t know for sure why the climate is changing in the way it is – sure we can provide theories but we can’t give a definative reason.

Then there’s the superbug problem and are antibiotics going to stop working. What will happen if they do? I wouldn’t even think of SRS without antibiotics.

Then there would be having to re-learn all the things life has taught me.

Despite all of this, and the unknown things around the corner, I would go bak 35 years in a heartbeat and I would transition and live a female’s life.

Take care girlsAnne-Marie.

[quote quote=168648]No, if we were talking about climate change, not all of us would say the opposite. The planet’s climate has always gone through changes for millenia upon millenia and it’s doing just fine.

[/quote]
      The planet has gone through changes over millennia, but it has NEVER gone though changes like we are  experiencing now over a period of decades.

I don’t believe I was born too early, just that I should have been born a girl.

I don’t think I could cope with the bullying and shaming on social media that kids have to go through these days. I was beaten up a lot at school, but at least I knew I was safe when I went home. The torment would stop.

Amen! You weren’t alone in the bullied arena as I was too. It’s sad that anyone should be bullied. Thanks for your input.
        Vanessa

Anonymous

Yes i was bullied too. As a very effeminate boy the real boys would flip my books and kick them all over and them punch me and push me down. Dad said i was a sissy and he was right i guess.

I often think about this. Yes, the world is far more tolerant these days, and young people have access to so much more information, that I often wonder if I would have transitioned had I been born later. On the other hand, fear of disappointing my family and a severe lack of self confidence in my youth, may have prevented that even if I were born later.

In addition, had I taken another path, I wouldn’t have my four beautiful children and my grandson. So, I suppose everything happens for a reason.

Finally, I don’t want to get political here, but as a science teacher I just cannot let the global warming comments go without responding. It still amazes me how many people will deny a basic scientific fact because it’s inconvenient to them. Yes, the Earth’s climate has gone through periodic changes throughout history, but nothing like it is going through now. Over 95% of the scientists who study climate change have reached the same consensus. The only scientists who disagree at this point are the ones who work for oil companies. If 95% of the structural engineers in the world said a bridge was unsafe, would you still drive across it daily because the 5% who work for the bridge company say it’s fine? Much of the opposition to global warming science comes from The Heartland Institute. These are the same people who STILL question the connection between cigarettes and lung cancer!! And if you look at who funds them, you will find names like the Koch Brothers, Exxon Mobil and Philip Morris. What a shocking surprise!!

No, if we were talking about climate change, not all of us would say the opposite.  The planet’s climate has always gone through changes for millenia upon millenia and it’s doing just fine.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?