Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I was reading an older post about growing your hair to a more feminine length during this pandemic.  A comment was made about taking advantage of opportunity.  So it got me thinking….

For starters, the whole COVID thing is awful and wish it never happened, but the requirements of many places to wear masks has proven to be an opportunity for me.  I think my makeups skills have improved greatly over the past couple of years, but I still get a little self-conscious about going out in public en femme.  Over the last several months, of course venturing out requires wearing a mask and although I do not like them much, I have come to feel more confident with it on.

I traveled for work earlier this week.  I had to drive a few hours and stay the night in a hotel for an early morning meeting.  The opportunity presented itself and I traveled as Dana.  Of course nowadays you do not have to go to the front desk to check in anymore…everything is done on your phone so that was helpful.  Once I was at the hotel, I needed a few items so I ventured out to Target…still as Dana.  I have to say that being out shopping or generally in public, having that mask sure helps my confidence.  I wonder how much I will miss it when we are not required to wear them anymore……

Stay safe and healthy!

Dana.

Hi Dana,

I can say that is the one thing out of all this that has taken some pressure off me going out in public.

Although I dont get to show off any pretty lipstick.

If thats you on your avatar sweetie you have nothing to need a mask for I assure you.

your cute as a button.

Patty

Anonymous

Well they are handy in some circumstances Dana agree , but staying In pre-paid hotels etc is extremely easier now you can check in with your phone app and open your bedroom door too, or arrive at the cinema and you are automatically checked in by your phone or watch and can go straight into the venue without an additional confrontation.
      If I an away working I tend to look up trans friendly establishments in and around that area, so it’s not to frightening to meet the front of house staff.
      Rather have a big pair of dark glasses, much better than those necessary but annoying masks.

Hi Dana

Was out last week shopping wearing a mask en femme.

Yes I absolutely felt more relaxed. There is always that niggling worry somebody I don’t want to know will recognise me, but not in a mask.   Totally chilled and had a fab shopping trip.

It also saves time with make up, 5 minutes on the eyes and voila, done!

❤️B

Anonymous

Hello Dana  if anything good at all has come from this terrible pandemic…it may just be the face mask..if wearing one gives the very nervous among us that first ” gentle push” to actually venture out, it gets my vote…..but I do agree with Patty, it’s killing my lipstick !!!!….huggs, Grace xx

I find them a nuisance, as my glasses steam up – and I’m really not keen on covering my lovely lips, which I’m really getting the hang of these days – plus, the amount of makeup that sticks to the mask is obviously coming off your face!

I am looking at fixing sprays for that purpose – obviously, the masks are a necessary evil and I would not go into an even vaguely busy area without one.

But purely for practical reasons. Really not a fan!

Love Laura

Anonymous

The mask requirement does make the makeup routine a bit easier… All I really need to get right is the eyes. Also, I guess having to wear one can give a girl a bit of a boost to get out there w/o as much fear of being caught.

I 100% dislike everything about the mask!

-SR-

Anonymous

I do not like the masks either…for the most part and for MANY reasons, of which I am not going to talk about on this forum.  BUT, I was curious how everyone else felt and the one time in Target that I had the mask did give me more confidence.  So, maybe this is a confidence vehicle to make it much easier to go out and about once the mask requirements are no longer around.

Like was said in the another post, there are opportunities in every situation.  For me, one opportunity may just have presented itself.

Thanks for all the replies…….  There are such wonderful and giving people on this site.  Love it!

Hugs…  Dana

Anonymous

Hello Dana

I hate wearing masks. Period. I have nothing to hide.

Hugs

Natasha💋

I wish I would have thought about going out with a mask way earlier than I did I am terrified of going out and I finally got to go out and go shopping and buy things I got to feel, hold and check out before buying for the first time, and pick makeup out that I actually got to see the shade of, it was amazing I can’t wait to try again. There is something about taking the give a shit if I pass or not out of the equation that really does feel empowering. After all even if I look like a man trying to be a woman, nobody could ever guess it was me even if I was right next to someone I know, and it definitely feels good to go do normal girly stuff that I’ve dreamed about forever. Idk if it’s my imagination or what but I think I even had a few guys that I passed turn to check out my big ole ass, lol I don’t really care if they did or they just noticed something off it was a turn on to think about not gonna lie ☺️💋

Cece X
      Lady

Honestly, I love everything about wearing the mask. I am protecting myself not only from COVID, but also from hepatitis, tuberculosis, vehicular exhaust, and bad breath. The mask also has allowed me to be more anonymous as I walk through my neighborhood. The trick is to find a mask that is so comfortable that you forget you are even wearing it. That is not easy, but it can be done. I hope to continue wearing the mask long after Covid — if Covid is ever conquered.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?