- December 9, 2020 at 5:45 pm #416290RevelParticipantRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 221Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 770 times
Sometimes I’m called “Rev” for short. My favorite color is red, and my favorite flower is a rose. So I come up with the nickname “Rev Rose” recently. Do you have a nickname, sisters?
- August 1, 2021 at 10:47 pm #526030Beth GreenLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 27Replies: 463Has thanked: 2466 timesBeen thanked: 2397 times
My feminine full name is Mary Elizabeth Green. A nod to my English heritage. Beth insists on tbe shortened version and nothing else. She can be stubborn.
My male nickname was Weed. Not for the smoke but because the summer between 1st and 2nd grade I grew like a weed. That was my only growth spurt and I barely made it to 5’4″ as an adult. Of course now I’m shrinking
- August 2, 2021 at 9:57 am #526160RevelBaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 221Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 770 times
Hi Beth! When I was younger, I grew like a cornstalk, and now I’m a tall gal. My Daddy used to joke and say that I ate too many corn flakes, and that’s why I grew up so tall! I love his sense of humor. I respect your English heritage, and thanks for sharing.
- July 31, 2021 at 6:41 am #525354Elise MichelleDuchessRegistered On: January 3, 2018Topics: 23Replies: 330Has thanked: 407 timesBeen thanked: 1187 times
In my femme form I have no nickname. Honestly, not enough people know about Elise to have given me one and the name doesn’t have an obvious shortened form (like Sam or Chelle). In drab, in my younger days I was known as the Doctor (or just Doc) amongst my friends because: 1) I was the only one with a doctorate degree, and 2) I always had “medication” (weed) on me.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Elise Michelle.
- July 30, 2021 at 11:42 pm #525277WilmaLadyRegistered On: July 24, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 142Has thanked: 761 timesBeen thanked: 546 times
I do not have one now but when I was in the Navy I was called “Jan”
Any British serviceman will tell you if you are from the West country you are referred to as a Janner or as an individual Jan.
Some of my friends on FB still call me Jan.
- July 31, 2021 at 12:52 pm #525513BaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 221Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 770 times
- July 31, 2021 at 2:13 pm #525546WilmaLadyRegistered On: July 24, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 142Has thanked: 761 timesBeen thanked: 546 times
Whilst up in Barrow-in-furness I tried to introduce myself to a woman in a noisy night club and said “my name is Jan as in January” so 2 days later on the main street she gets my attention by shouting “Oi January” I laughed till I cried.
Big hugs Sis.x
- July 30, 2021 at 6:29 pm #525136Yumi OkadaLadyRegistered On: July 15, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 67Has thanked: 183 timesBeen thanked: 325 times
Darkeldar is it! It’s my OG (Original Gamer) name. I couldn’t get the name on some sites, so I’d be TheDarkeldar on those. I managed to get the name on the first day Games Workshop opened their forums.
Yumi is my name as I’m quite the nihonophile.
- July 30, 2021 at 4:55 pm #525122Allison MLadyRegistered On: July 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 11Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 47 times
I get Allie a lot, which I like. When in school, it was Majik. I still like that one, too. The story behind Majik is that some friends started calling me that, because for some reason the only time I could hit a three pointer was if I was wearing a Dan Majikowski shirt that I had. Obviously, it stuck. I still use the name when I’m gaming
- July 30, 2021 at 1:10 pm #525032Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 704Has thanked: 1445 timesBeen thanked: 2668 times
The guys at work used to call me Buckwheat. A couple of us snook out one night and smoked a couple of joints, it was really good stuff. I went back to work and the guy I was working with just looked at me and I guess I just had that blank stare, surprised look on my face and he started laughing and said “you look like Buckwheat, hep me hep me I think I hypnotize. Wow was I fried.
- July 30, 2021 at 1:05 pm #525029Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 746Has thanked: 4945 timesBeen thanked: 2827 times
- July 30, 2021 at 9:48 pm #525253
- July 30, 2021 at 2:08 pm #525066Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1427Has thanked: 23368 timesBeen thanked: 5616 times
- July 29, 2021 at 2:45 pm #524670Holly GoodrichDuchessRegistered On: April 19, 2021Topics: 120Replies: 443Has thanked: 1691 timesBeen thanked: 2407 times
My “other” side has had the nickname of “Wolf” since the mid 90’s. But, since Holly got into my life, that nickname has been laid to rest. There are a few hard heads I know who won’t give it u . I guess they’re just a bunch of goonies.
- July 29, 2021 at 10:07 am #524609BaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 221Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 770 times
A nickname is fun to have, and some of you sisters have great nicknames! For those of you sisters who can’t think of one, feel free to send me a private message, and maybe I can help you think of a nickname? I’m a clever girl.
- July 29, 2021 at 3:13 am #524511AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Yes ROCKET. I’ve had a nickname since 1968, I’ve been a biker, (motorcyclist) since 1960 . In 1968 i joined a local motorcycle club and my bike at the time was a bsa 650 super rocket, so my nickname was taken from the bike, . I’m still called rocket to this present day, and still an active biker
- July 29, 2021 at 9:58 am #524607
- July 29, 2021 at 2:44 am #524508Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1427Has thanked: 23368 timesBeen thanked: 5616 times
I don’t really have a nickname any more. My oldest niece has called me Aunt P many times. My mom and sis used to just call me silly when I was little.
In my 20’s when I was not so laid back and very precocious, I had a couple of nicknames along the lines of Bobbi’s Mrs Robinson, but those are best forgotten, or at least not used in the open any more. But I also put many a smile on a young man’s face.
- July 29, 2021 at 12:30 am #524499Kristina Van HornLadyRegistered On: July 18, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 14Has thanked: 212 timesBeen thanked: 100 times
- July 28, 2021 at 9:39 pm #524467
- July 28, 2021 at 7:59 pm #524448KHeartLadyRegistered On: October 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 137Has thanked: 431 timesBeen thanked: 850 times
- July 28, 2021 at 7:10 pm #524432BobbiLadyRegistered On: September 13, 2018Topics: 27Replies: 1587Has thanked: 1728 timesBeen thanked: 4040 times
My girlfriends used to call me “Mrs. Robinson”, because I would turn boys into “Men”.
(I swear, they were ALL over 18)! I would take young men who lacked confidence, & bring them “up to speed”. I would go on a date, & my friends would ask me “did you “Mrs. Robinson” Johnny last night?” Ahh, to be in my 30s again! LOL
- July 28, 2021 at 7:38 pm #524440
- July 28, 2021 at 6:50 pm #524427Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 430Has thanked: 1669 timesBeen thanked: 2066 times
My fem nickname would be chelle like a seashell but I’m not out to anyone in the vanilla world but the wife and she refers to my female persona as Michelle. So you girls can call me chelle if you want.
- July 28, 2021 at 7:33 pm #524438
- July 28, 2021 at 5:21 pm #524394DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 129Replies: 2516Has thanked: 15872 timesBeen thanked: 8720 times
- July 28, 2021 at 5:02 pm #524383Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 310Has thanked: 523 timesBeen thanked: 1552 times
- July 28, 2021 at 4:52 pm #524378AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- July 29, 2021 at 9:57 am #524606AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I forgot about one that stemmed from a hilariously scary story. I was hiking one day on one of the trails near home, and was attacked by a coyote. It was the only time I’ve ever been out in public wearing anything feminine (the boots, had to borrow as mine were missing). Anyway, I ended up killing the poor beast in defense, and earned the nickname Coyote from it. Scary? Yes, as 2 friends were hospitalized from scratches and/or bites. Tragic? Yes, as the poor beast had to die. Hilarious? Yes because I put it down with a pair of female boots. Don’t even remember the brand.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- July 28, 2021 at 4:50 pm #524377BaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 221Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 770 times
- December 12, 2020 at 10:43 am #417302DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 808Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 2213 times
Technically I do not have a nickname. Some shorten DeeAnn to Dee, but I don’t really like that. I spelled the name without a space in order to discourage that. Also, if I had wanted Dee I would have named myself that instead of DeeAnn.
- December 12, 2020 at 10:17 am #417289Amber ScottDuchessRegistered On: June 30, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 135Has thanked: 183 timesBeen thanked: 551 times
- December 12, 2020 at 7:39 am #417182Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 726Has thanked: 3142 timesBeen thanked: 2959 times
- December 12, 2020 at 4:55 am #417139Regine KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 40Replies: 1327Has thanked: 15779 timesBeen thanked: 5951 times
- December 9, 2020 at 11:06 pm #416355stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 176Replies: 2414Has thanked: 3829 timesBeen thanked: 11542 times
Used to be called Megabelly – a long, long time ago in my beer swilling period before I became fully feminised. ‘Silly old fool’ is popular with my wife. My brother and I were nicknamed the ‘Mercury brothers’ because of the moustaches we had( this was in a period of denial way back in the ’80’s, when I was – trying – to hide from true self.)
I do give myself temporary nicknames here on CDH in line with the context e.g McSteph when in Doric mode.
I was once called a ‘mother figure.’ At least that’s what it sounded like. But I am not sure what that meant.
‘slightyslimmerbelly’ Stephanie P
(Oh no! maybe that was a mistake!) 🥺
- December 9, 2020 at 8:35 pm #416326Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 533Replies: 1837Has thanked: 8431 timesBeen thanked: 7525 times
- December 9, 2020 at 9:38 pm #416342
- December 9, 2020 at 8:01 pm #416319Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 2479Has thanked: 5197 timesBeen thanked: 9387 times
Well, a VERY long time ago, I was known as “Alligator Joe”; and a few years later as “The Professor”. But for the past 15 years, I have been “Bunnyman” (from whence I got Bunnymom as my online ID). It has the same meaning as “crazy cat lady”, only with rabbits.
- December 9, 2020 at 6:23 pm #416300Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 1330Has thanked: 17615 timesBeen thanked: 5025 times
The last name i use here was a nickname, or part of it, that I picked up during my last deployment about 20 years ago. I suppose it could theoretically be used to identify me, only a few know of it. Only us smurfs, and the few who knew us. There were originally 4 of us, then a fifth. Papa Smurf had grey hair, so he was papa, despite being youngest. Shady Smurf could get things nobody else could, usually through… unofficial channels. Darth Smurf could be very ruthless and underhanded, and besides, he cheated at cards. My real name is very German, hard to pronounce…so I was von Smurf…or Vonsmirff. But not many people could pick that out at random these days. And if they’re on here, well…
- December 9, 2020 at 7:36 pm #416313BaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 221Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 770 times
I love the Smurfs! In fact, when my Daddy was a carpenter at work years ago, he was called “Papa Smurf” and just the other day he bought a BIG stuffed Papa Smurf at our local Goodwill for a bargain that I’m going to hang in our garage. Giggle. I like your nickname. Cute.
- December 9, 2020 at 6:29 pm #416302Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 2210Has thanked: 28308 timesBeen thanked: 7295 times
- December 9, 2020 at 6:22 pm #416299Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 2210Has thanked: 28308 timesBeen thanked: 7295 times
Hi Rev thats cute well ive been called lots of things in my life but not anything i would call a nickname . So will ponder that for a while i have a few girlfriends here maybe they can think of something ha ha
- December 9, 2020 at 7:41 pm #416316
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.