• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello all,

I recall from way back – 20 years – on another forum, answering a poll along these lines. I was surprised then how so few Americans had passports compared to say Europeans.

I wonder if that has changed? I wonder if having an interest in cd’ing makes you more adventurous regarding foreign travel?

All this was brought on by the panicky realisation that my passport would need renewing pdq. I’m not going anywhere yet, still wary of Covid, but the idea that I couldn’t just dump everything and scoot off somewhere ‘else’ is almost scary to me. So whether I immediately use it or not, I want to have a valid passport in my drawer.

On the other hand there could be a hundred and one reasons why you don’t have a passport.

So here’s the poll, by all means add a comment to expand on your answers

Marti xxx

I don’t have a passport, used to have one, but once this one expired I didn’t renew.

Not ruling out travelling abroad again (apart to England,Scotland or Wales). I’ve nothing personal against anywhere, but I’m 71 now and just want a quiet life with a chance to become Liz now and again.

Liz

It’s far better to have a passport and not need it, than to suddenly need one and not have it.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Mines expired. I need to get a new one.

Hugs, Liara

I live in the UK, don’t have a current one, its needs renewing.

It’s very handy for ID verification, but not essential; I haven’t been abroad since 2010 (as I got my last passport renewal for a work thingy).

All my holidays are in the UK, plenty to see 🙂

Barb Wire
      Lady

My current passport has two locations stamped on it several times:

1. United Kingdom

2. Universal Studios, FL, USA

🎠Barb

Anonymous

Wales doesn’t quite qualify as a separate country, so you won’t get a stamp. But I hope you have a little explore next time you visit.

Marti xxx

Barb Wire
          Lady

When me and my SO visit England, we usually land in Manchester. My brother-in-law picks us up and take us back to his place in Horbury, Yorkshire.

Once when the 3 of us were climbing Holme Moss on our bikes we met a fellow from Wales. He says if we thought Holme Moss was a tough climb, then we should try cycling in Wales! It’s on our “to do” list.

One of my favourite limited series TV shows is called Hinterland from Wales. Richard Harrington in the lead role is amazing! I even have the series tucked away (no pun!) in my iTunes library.

xo 🚴🏽‍♀️🚴🏽‍♂️🚴🏽‍♀️Barb

ChloeC
      Duchess

Took an Italian/Mediterranean cruise a few years ago so being from the US, I needed one. I did get it some years earlier (but wound up not being able to go somewhere else) and have had it renewed. Will be taking another Euro cruise next summer (postponed twice already!).  Got the TSA precheck a few years ago then realized we should have gotten that World Entry pass which would have been just a few $$$ more, but now have to pay the whole price. <Sigh>

I’m now glad I started applying for the passport back then as Michigan is rather picky on what they want to see in regards to documentation. I grew up in Illinois, my father died when I was 4 so I knew him, my mother remarried, my step-father adopted me, and my last name was legally changed. I moved to Michigan a little over 40 years ago. Even though I had a driver’s license, a copy of my original birth certificate, a (difficult to read and not formally stamped) copy of the original adoption papers, etc. some of the state ‘officials’ here did not recognize my formal adoption certificate from Illinois and of course, it’s now almost impossible to get almost any kind of older document if adoptions are involved, so I had to go back to Illinois to apply. No problem there!

Even if you don’t think there should be problems, always consider applying early just in case.

Prudence
      Ambassador

Hi Marti, Yes ido have a passport. But it is expired. Thanks for reminding me, I need to take care of that!  Hugs Pru

Anonymous

– and if it’s like the UK, Pru, re-applying is a bit more hassle than renewing. I’m glad I got onto the task!

Marti xxx

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

Born in Sweden and living in Canada means I need passport since I travel back to sweden now and then.
      I kept both citizen ships so I have not one but two (valid) passports, sweden and canada.

/kt

Hippie
      Lady

I never had one. If I need to get into another country. I’m just going to jump the border.

I see a passport as a way to track our movements. That’s the main reason I won’t own a cellphone

Anonymous

Hi Hippie,

I just *knew* you were a criminal mastermind. Wise precautions 😉

Marti xxx

Sylvia
      Lady

Hello Marti ,

I think the reason Americans have fewer passports is simply because
      they have so many upportunities to go on vacation in their own country.
      Having mountains , national parks , sunny beaches , etc.
      I have one because for us Europeans , if we wan’t to go somewhere nice , we allmost all have to cross the border at some point.

Please don’t avoid travelling because of covid !
      I have been to many European countries during covid ( also in 2020 ) and the safety measures
      are basically the same everywhere.
      I live very close to the Belgian ( and German ) border so I cross it allmost every week
      ( even if it’s only to get petrol ).

Love Sylvia.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Sylvia.
        Anonymous

Hi Sylvia,

I’ll still be on the cautious side this winter. I’m getting my covid booster next week. but I still barely leave Wales these days. I never thought I’d turn into little miss stay at home, but at least it means I can save money towards my next adventure. The Netherlands used to be a favourite watering hole for my wife and I.

Marti xxx

Sylvia
          Lady

Dear Marti ,

It´s good to be cautious , I agree !

As I am 53 years old , I will have to wait until January at least to get my booster.

Here in the Netherlands the over 80 group will get their booster in the coming weeks.

I Hope you will find your way to the Netherlands again in the future !

Love Sylvia.

I do have a passport it is my second one. Americans who don’t have and have never had passports are more likely to be the kind of people I sometimes have trouble with. I consider it a real positive sign if someone has a or at least has had a passport. Most of the people who are living in Fantasyland don’t. I guess they don’t need one because they can go to Fantasyland for their escape. It can be an indication of a narrow mind.

Anonymous

Thanks Samantha,

Well, yes, without a passport it’s hard to expand your mind in the sense that you aren’t able to experience different cultures and lifestyles but there again even with a passport it’s possible to go ‘four starring’ it and not really engage with wherever you are. Horses for courses I guess.

What this rather limited poll has suggested though is that 3 in 4 of US responders here have a passport – that’s a big difference from years ago when I saw a similar poll with almost inverted results.

Marti xxx

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?