• This topic has 47 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Revel.
Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Revel
      Baroness

Hello ladies,

Every year on August 8, International Cat Day is celebrated. So I thought that it would be a purrfect day to start this poll about pets! 😺🐶🦜

I love animals. Back in 2017, I adopted a little black and white cat named “Spook” and I adore her. There’s a photo of me holding my cat in my private photo gallery. I’m sure that some you ladies love animals, and have a pet you adore as well. I like dogs, but I love cats. ❤️🐈

If you have a pet, please vote for what kind of a pet you have, and explain about your cute little friend. I realize that some of you may have more than just one pet, but in any case, please explain. Thank you.

Revel

Rev’s Sis
      Significant Other

Hi, sis!

I love your cat Spook, and she’s “quite the entertainer” like Mommy used to say.

Like you, I love cats too, and since it’s International Cat Day today it makes it more special!
      ❤️😺

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Rev's Sis.
      Gwyneth
      Lady

I’m not a cat person per se. I grew up with a beagle my dad hunted with. Great hunter, but a great pet too. A couple of years ago I wanted my own, so I adopted a beagle from a local shelter. He has a great disposition, and everybody loves him. He’s living a dog’s life!

Gwyn

Revel
        Baroness

Beagles are great dogs. I also love the character “Snoopy” who’s a beagle, sleeps on top of his dog house, and imagines he’s a WW1 Flying Ace. I love Snoopy. My Aunt Nancy loves basset hounds. She’s had many basset hounds in her day. Haha.

Gwyneth
          Lady

He sometimes dreams while he naps. Either chasing rabbits or shooting down the Red Baron.

Revel
            Baroness

Yes. I love Snoopy’s dreams, and his imagination. I love the holiday classic “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” when he gets shot down by the Red Baron. Curse you, Red Baron! Haha.

Gwyneth
            Lady

I remember watching that the first year it aired. I still love watching it. Some of the others. Just not the newest ones.

You forgot β€œNone”

But I did have a dog and two bearded dragons Until recently.

Revel
        Baroness

Not exactly. I honestly did think of adding it earlier, but after you mentioned it, I thought she has a point. Some of you may not have pets so I decided to add it to the list. 😉

Revel

Revel
        Baroness

Thanks for sharing. How long were the beards on your bearded dragons? No, I’m just kidding. Here’s a joke for you: What do you call a lizard that likes the water?Β An aguana.Β 

Oooohhhhh.

We had them in south Florida. Some as long as 4-5 feet, I saw two accidents where people stopped and caused 3 cars or more to pile up. The iguana just walked away!

That iguana must’ve had good insurance. Or was that a Geico?

Revel
            Baroness

Wow. I wanted a pet iguana when I was younger, but it was so expensive. I read that they use their tails like a whip! That iguana you mentioned causing car accidents and walking away had an attitude. It probably thought iguana care, but not today! 😆

Rev

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

When I was a kid, our family had dogs , and cats. I also had fish, hamsters, gerbils, and chameleons.
      My wife and I have had at least 2 dogs at a time for almost 30 years now. Right now we have 2 very active little Italian Greyhound mixes.

Fun topic! Thanks Rev!

Lara

Revel
        Baroness

Thanks for sharing, Laura. I can relate. When my sister (Rev’s Sis) and I were kids, we had 17 pets! We didn’t live on a farm, but we lived in a wooded area. We had a dog, cats, doves, turkeys, hamsters, bunny rabbits. Too many pets! Haha. 🐕🐈🐈🕊️🕊️🦃🐇🐇

Thanks. I thought that it would be fun to discuss. We all love discussing about clothes and makeup, but some of us love animals too. ❤️

Rev

Yes, but more specifically, my wife has a dog. It’s a 3 month old Labradoodle. I have resisted getting a dog for better than 17 years, my wife had a change of mine. Instead of getting a dog just for the sake of getting a dog, she decided to put effort into training him as a service/support dog. I have nothing against dogs or cats, but I don’t want to invest the effort into taking care of him. It also means that it will be difficult for both of us to be away at the same time.

Life goes on…

Alice Black
      Duchess

Revel.

We have owned a series of cats. First one(a black male named Midnight) lived to 18 and died of cancer in 2016. Second had a very sad ending. Bruin(also black male 4 years old) was taken to Vet over a year ago. He was left at door per Covid protocols of that time and examined and then an attendant brought him down ramp and returned him to us in his carrier. I took carrier and started to return to car. Then strangest thing happened. Bruin jumped out of carrier and landed in bushes and then went under ramp and disappeared and we never found him. I looked at his carrier and discovered 1 of zippers was unzipped – the vet service was guilty of being neglectful. I refused to pay bill and have criticized that service to anybody in area who owns pets. We waited several weeks and got another cat. This cat Holly is a 2 year old orange white female. And here is the strange thing. Holly loves me – she always lays on my bed and purrs whenever I pet her. But she runs away from my wife – which upsets her very much. Both prior cats liked both of us. So much for our owning cats.

Alice Black

Revel
        Baroness

Alice,

Thanks for sharing all of that. It’s sad what happened to “Midnight” but he had a long life. It’s a a pity what happed to “Bruin” and after losing him, I don’t blame you for not wanting to pay the vet bill due to the vet place being neglectful. Your more recent cat “Holly” sounds like a good cat, if only she could start liking your wife. Haha.

The oldest cat that I ever had was a gray tabby female called “Gray One” who lived 20 years! She had a left broken fang, and she was an amazing hunter. She actually caught and killed a red squirrel once, and the red squirrel is the fiercest of all squirrels. Even the big gray squirrels fear them. That red squirrel was her ultimate catch, and trophy. Cats are cute, but they have a killer instinct. They are natural born predators. πŸ˜€

Rev

Trish White
      Baroness

I love Cats and we have two. Cats are free spirits, kind of like all us CD’s. They do what they want to do, not what people want them to do. Sounds kind of familiar…right? Things they do are on their terms. They decide what they want to do and when they want to do it. I have a little plaque on my desk and it says “Dogs have owners, Cats have staff. How true is that! To me there is nothing more comforting than having a soft fluffy cat on my lap contentedly purring while I stroke her and this is of course happens when she wants it. Cats are self sufficient and really don’t need us. Dogs, on the other hand do need us. Thanks for the post Revel.

Love,

Trish

Revel
        Baroness

You’re welcome. I really like how you compare cats to CDs. Cats are very independent, but have an affectionate side too, especially when they want you to feed them. Haha. Agreed. I love to pet my cat, and groom her. I love the sound of the “purr” as well. Dogs need more care, cats need less care. I have a feeling that we may be good friends. πŸ˜‰

Revel

Anonymous

Hi Rev, great poll!

I love pets! Dogs, cats, fish, birds, I’ve had them all. After all, what’s life if you can’t have some of the natural world living with you as well (although I do draw the line on spiders and snakes and those kind of animals).

Hugs,

Holly

Revel
        Baroness

Thanks Holly. I’m glad to know that you love pets. Yes, I’ve had them all too, and now I just have a cat, and when you get older, you don’t want as many pets. Haha. I don’t want any creepy crawlies like snakes or spiders either, especially tarantulas!

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Due to circumstances I do not have a pet in fur, feather or scaly form. Do Pet Hates count?? I have some of those.

Revel
        Baroness

No. I’m sure that you have your reasons for “Pet Hates” but I would prefer that you don’t explain them. I just want to keep my topic light, and about loving pets. Thanks.

Rev

Hi girls, I love animals, especially dogs, I have a couple of chihuahuas, male and female, and they are so cute and curious, although they are nervous and aggressive with strangers haha, I adore them and they certainly brighten my days,
      Greetings to all girls.

Revel
        Baroness

Thanks for sharing, girlfriend. As you know, I really like Chihuahuas, and I’m sure your two Chihuahuas are so cute, and at times, so aggressive! Haha. I love little furry animals, hence one of the reasons why I love cats.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Rev, I am an animal lover extreme.Β  Cats, dogs, birds, rabbits, raccoons, possums, even a wild turkey…. whatever crosses my path I’ll feed.

Currently have 2 cats here, one a recent street rescue that wandered into the backyard a month ago half starved.Β  Slowly putting weight onΒ  thank goodness.

I am an absolute sucker for cats, and i honestly think they pick up on me as an “easy mark” – a.k.a. ‘sucker’ -, but I’m fine with that, since its true, 😄.

Stevie

Revel
        Baroness

That’s nice to know. I have a soft spot for animals too. It’s good thing that I live in the country because if I lived in the cities, I would have so many stray cats to take care of and feed! Haha. Thanks for rescuing the half starved kitty cat, and nursing it back to health. You have a kind heart. Bless you.

Rev

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Oh also, I used to have a pet rock.Β  But that was long long ago when I was young, and they were “in” 😂 😂

Gwyneth
        Lady

That’s telling your age! I was in highshool.

BillieJay
        Managing Ambassador

you didn’t kill it, did you?

Apparently they’re in again.Β  Mars rover Perseverance has been carrying a Martian pet rock in it’s wheel for a few months.

Anonymous

Revel,
      We have a fluffy, hairy, fun loving Golden reteiver. 11yrs old. Almost trained as therapy dog. Can’t hold his “licker” 🤣. Loves everybody. Great in public, women adore him. Hair is light ‘Ginger” color, of course.
      Hugs Ginger

Revel
        Baroness

Thanks for sharing. Golden Retrievers are really good dogs. Your dog sounds like a very friendly companion. Good pun. Did you hear that the top breed of dog on Google was the Golden Retriever? Second and third place went to the silver and bronze retrievers. LOL.

I have a Labrador dog, the only living being in the world who has seen me in both versions giving me the same unconditional love.

XOXOX from Italy
      Greta 🦮 ❤️

Revel
        Baroness

Grazie. I can relate. My neighbor once had a beautiful female collie, and while she was away on vacation, I took care of her dog and place. Her collie saw me transformed into Rev, and I discovered that dogs keep a secret very well. So do cats. However, you have to be careful around a parrot. Haha.

Revel

Anonymous
      Lady

Had a really smart wonderful Golden Retriever/German Shepard mix for 13yrs and when he went it broke our hearts like losing our child. Thats was years ago and we still haven’t gotten another pet because we don’t want to go through that again and pets are a lot of work/expense too.

Revel
        Baroness

I know what you mean. When you lose a pet after having them many years, it’s like losing a family member. It’s heartbreaking. Before my Dad’s black cat “Pooky” died, I adopted my kitty “Spook” and he had a little friend. After Pooky died, it was easier for my Dad to have a little cat knowing that she (Spook) knew Pooky. πŸ™‚

I have a pet cat, but not by choice.Β  His name is Niko (or Neko), which is simply cat in Japanese (although we later learned the Japanese pronunciation is with a short e). My ex took my daughter to the allergist, asked about getting a pet knowing how bad my asthma gets, and then heard the answer she wanted to hear.Β  It was only 3 days before I couldn’t breathe.Β  I’ve been on a preventative steroid inhaler for almost 18 years now.

For my own health, he will be my last.

Revel
        Baroness

Alison,

I’m sorry to hear about your health, but thanks for sharing about your furry little friend, Niko.

Revel

ChloeC
      Duchess

We have a cat. This is the 3rd one we’ve had (had a dog too a few years back but no more). In my life this is about maybe the 10th or 12th? One cat our family had when I was a teen I took it unleashed for a walk around the block. We mutually trusted each other and it worked. I did teach it to roll over but it would only do it in the kitchen where it knew the food came from and often when it was hungry it would do it on its own. Our current one is a rescue female probably was kicked a lot by a male in her early life. We and the vet think she’s about 12 or maybe older. She sleeps with us and wants to sleep in either lap during the day. She will probably be the last pet for us.

Hugs ChloeC

Revel
        Baroness

Thanks Chloe for sharing that, and I know you like cats. You have a good way with them. Thanks for adopting that rescue female cat. You have a kind heart.

Rev

Anonymous

We have a black German Shepherd/Border collie mix, her name is Pepper. She is a social butterfly, when we go on walks she likes to meet all the neighbors, so I meet all the neighbors. Always interesting!

Revel
        Baroness

What a perfect name for your dog, and that’s a great way to meet people too! Thanks for sharing that, sister.

Revel

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Polo

Gwyneth
      Lady

I see what you did there!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Crossdresser Heaven |Β PrivacyΒ |Β Terms of UseΒ | Link to us |Β Contact VanessaΒ |Β Advertise with Crossdresser Heaven

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates fromΒ Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?